Pelicans Report

Thread: Can we get new broadcasting cameras?

Can we get new broadcasting cameras?

Seriously... we have the worst in the league and it looks like s*** on T.V..
    The Pelicans court looks so sexy when ESPN covers the game because their cameras make the court look vivid
    So is this a possible upgrade? Because i always through the court was dead set bland until the last two playoffs games

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    The Pelicans court looks so sexy when ESPN covers the game because their cameras make the court look vivid
    So is this a possible upgrade? Because i always through the court was dead set bland until the last two playoffs games
    I've been saying this for years

Cameras are like our coach ._.Trash

Quote Originally Posted by roberthgrove View Post
    Cameras are like our coach ._.Trash
    Cameras are like your post

Are they still using the WYES trucks?

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Are they still using the WYES trucks?
    That was CST that did that. You'd think FOX would have better equipment. Granted, it's far better than CST, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    THIS!!! It's just ridiculous at this point.

Its all I ever wanted. Screw the huge video board, can we get cameras that not from 2003?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

ESPN, FOX and TNT basically use the same HD Cameras. Curious as to where you're watching? Dish, Direct, Charter or Cox?

I said this recently and was blasted. Their cameras are definitely better, but I've noticed that for prime time games we use completely different lighting.

I'm on directv and it is a big difference
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Cajewn View Post
    ESPN, FOX and TNT basically use the same HD Cameras. Curious as to where you're watching? Dish, Direct, Charter or Cox?
    I'll add that we have DirecTV and we flipped back and forth between TNT and FSNO a couple of times during game 3 and there was a difference. TNT's colors were more vivid and the image much more clear.

Now, I don't mind FSNO...living on the Northshore with DirecTV, it's so much better than the CST years. But I was kinda struck by how different the same picture was on the two networks.

Any ideas why?
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I'll add that we have DirecTV and we flipped back and forth between TNT and FSNO a couple of times during game 3 and there was a difference. TNT's colors were more vivid and the image much more clear.

Now, I don't mind FSNO...living on the Northshore with DirecTV, it's so much better than the CST years. But I was kinda struck by how different the same picture was on the two networks.

Any ideas why?
    TNT uses the GameCreek/NEP trucks. The same trucks that NASCAR and NFL use to broadcast. They are top of the line production trucks.

TNT and ESPN both use NEP. In fact Game 3 at SKC was in Corplex Iridium (NEP) and the ESPN Game 4 was also in a NEP Unit. On occasion Game Creek (a separate company) is used. FOX NO as well as the majority of FOX Regionals uses Mountain Mobile Video Production. 90% of all FOX Regionals are called Duals; 2 broadcasts originating in one truck. Depending on the video shaders the picture quality basically is determined with the carrier (Dish, Cox etc) taking the time to quality tune their product and bandwidth comes into play on occasion. As far as lighting, the NBA mandates that the court lighting be the same in every NBA venue.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Is this like a 2002 join date reunion thread?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Is this like a 2002 join date reunion thread?
    maybe.....

But the picture on FSNO is noticeably different, and not in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by say-what View Post
    maybe.....

But the picture on FSNO is noticeably different, and not in a good way
    rumur

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    rumur

Thread Information