Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Monty has kept family from going to home games b/c fans boo him

If you're booing your own team (or individual members), why buy a ticket? How is that helping?

Yea I hate booing and thinks it's just absolute crap to a team at home. I remember playing sports and the last thing I would want would be my fan base booing me or a player it would just totally suck the life out of me and the team. I always get in fights with my brother when he does this crap at Saints games towards certain players or plays. His excuse every time is I can do whatever the hell I want I bought the ticket. Always a fight when he does this but he likes to be stubborn like they should be booed for bad play and he pays to do what he likes. I will never support booing my team no matter how terrible it is. Hell I don't even like booing the other team for introductions at the Pels games even though I will and it's not a problem but I just don't like it.

Don't boo the officiating either. Not like it will get any better.

Look Monty did not say but it was probably more than booing his family experienced . That is where it crosses the line. Not so much the booing but the things that Monty did not mention.

Washington fans chanting na na hey hey hey goodbye at Toronto . Where is their fan equette
    Last edited by 4Real; 04-26-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    I'm sorry but I will boo the hell out of the officiating. It can be pretty abysmal at times.
    I'm a grinder

Very different from booing parts of your own team.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I hate booing and thinks it's just absolute crap to a team at home. I remember playing sports and the last thing I would want would be my fan base booing me or a player it would just totally suck the life out of me and the team. I always get in fights with my brother when he does this crap at Saints games towards certain players or plays. His excuse every time is I can do whatever the hell I want I bought the ticket. Always a fight when he does this but he likes to be stubborn like they should be booed for bad play and he pays to do what he likes. I will never support booing my team no matter how terrible it is. Hell I don't even like booing the other team for introductions at the Pels games even though I will and it's not a
    problem but I just don't like it.
    You going to actually sell to us that you have never booed at a Saints or Pelicans game . Okay

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Very different from booing parts of your own team.
    But it is okay to do it on this forum?

But it is okay to do it on this forum?
    You don't see the difference between explaining your frustrations with your team's shortcomings on an internet forum, and booing in their face at the arena when you want them to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    You don't see the difference between explaining your frustrations with your team's shortcomings on an internet forum, and booing in their face at the arena when you want them to win?

Not saying you are wrong frankly I agree but is it okay to do it hiding behind a screen name? Back to the point I think it was more than just booing that his family was going through. Just a bunch of obnoxious fans. It is a shame. His family never should have gone through that kind of behavior
    Last edited by 4Real; 04-26-2015 at 09:17 PM.

The folks at the stadium aren't that much different from some folks here. Just sayin'.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    anybody booing this man clearly hasn't met him - or his family.

there are other much more effective & cowardly ways to express your disapproval.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    That's pitiful but I'm not surprised because he mentioned that there were people behind the bench "telling him how to do his job" and what not. To me this is why I don't get why people constantly whine about Monty being the coach, the guy's not perfect as no one but he's human and he's OUR coach, there isn't much you can do about anyway and you know like they whole part where he isn't on the court like the players he coach whom should take some take some blame at times if anybody. I never really got why guys constantly cry about him for the last few years, I just don't. A complete waste of time and energy.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I'm not surprised that people would say and do these things. Is anyone else friends with Jimmer on Facebook? He was saying thanks for the great season, and of the 100 or so comments, 25 were comments about him being trash.

Keep it classy clowns.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I like his mohawk.

Looks like Monty and Pelicans going fishing tonight. TNT post game on now

You going to actually sell to us that you have never booed at a Saints or Pelicans game . Okay
    Not selling anything and no I have never booed for 1 single second at a Saints game or Pelicans. I have had season tickets myself for Saints about 9 seasons and family since I was a kid. Have had Pelicans season tickets since CP3 got here and have no booed 1 single time because I think it's absolutely pathetic when someone does. Glad to know you need to boo to make yourself feel better that you are a band wagon fan for the team you are rooting for and don't understand sports isn't scripted like some show and things will happen good and bad. If you ever played a sport in your life in front of a crowd and had fans cheering for you then you would know how deflating and booing would be for your team. One reason why I don't like booing an opposing team because I know that was one thing right before a game that really got me going. Not that I needed much to get going for a game but when the opposing fan base turns on you right before a game it made me and the rest of my team want to shut them up quick. Sorry don't need to sell anything to this board how I don't boo at games I think I made it pretty clear but must hurt your feelings.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-27-2015 at 02:36 AM.

Washington fans chanting na na hey hey hey goodbye at Toronto . Where is their fan equette
    Not the same. Don't be ignorant.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PelicansBay View Post
    My point is, what type of team do these fans feel they "deserve"? The fan base is too impatient to properly build a contending team with staying power. Golden State built through the draft (Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green). I am sure the masses would of demanded Dell's head if he had picked Noel (especially since ha had to sit a season with an injury). To satisfy his audience's thirst for instant success; I'm sure a plug and play player like Trey Burke would of been the pick anyway. I'm sure the same "fans" would have been in an equally acrymonious mood had the team selected Saric the following year (another player Dell was rumored to have interest in; the eventual pick of Philly to complete the Holiday deal). I understand why the team is built like it is, this is exactly the team these "fans" deserve.

Be happy to have the best young player in the league. Support a young team that overcame many obstacles this season to make the playoffs ahead of schedule (was either home game a sell out?). Home is supposed to be a teams safe haven, not a collection of non-supportive detractors. If the Pelicans fans were behind the team like Jimmers' fans are behind him, then the franchise would have something special.
    I can't speak for others, but my main source of frustration has been the team's own impatience with the building process. These constant "win or lose your job" ultimatums Demps has been under has really compromised our roster, which is still a good one, but we could have been in a ridiculously good building situation around Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Not the same. Don't be ignorant.
    But attacking chanting refs stink is okay? Attacking Jimmer on Facebook okay? #doublestandard. By the way the Mavs fans were booing thier own team at the beginning of the game before Aminu went off
    Last edited by 4Real; 04-27-2015 at 09:06 AM.

But attacking chanting refs stink is okay? Attacking Jimmer on Facebook okay? #doublestandard
    What are you even arguing ? Are you one of the fans booing Monty and looking for someone to be on your side ? Let me make this clear for you.

If you boo your coach and talk smack to him to the point of him being worried to bring his family around. You are acting like trash.

If you get on Twitter to berate a player on his skill. You are acting like trash.

That's not a double standard. It's just trash. I hope no one on this forum acts like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you even arguing ? Are you one of the fans booing Monty and looking for someone to be on your side ? Let me make this clear for you.

If you boo your coach and talk smack to him to the point of him being worried to bring his family around. You are acting like trash.

If you get on Twitter to berate a player on his skill. You are acting like trash.

That's not a double standard. It's just trash. I hope no one on this forum acts like that.

Agree READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS! I HAVE HAVE DEFENDED MONTY. I SIMPLY WAS STATING THAT IT WAS MORE THAN JUST A LITTLE BOO THAT HIS FAMILY WAS RECEIVING.

SOME HOWEVER THINK IT IS OK TO ATTACK HIM ON THIS FORUM SINCE THEY ARE NOT OUT IN PUBLIC.

Agree READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS! I HAVE HAVE DEFENDED MONTY. I SIMPLY WAS STATING THAT IT WAS MORE THAN JUST A LITTLE BOO THAT HIS FAMILY WAS RECEIVING.
    As I asked in my previous post.. What are you even arguing ? No one said those things were good. You're fighting with yourself.

As I asked in my previous post.. What are you even arguing ? No one said those things were good. You're fighting with yoursel

Whatever

Thread Information