Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

I agree, there is little merit in running it back with Reke running the point, and we have all seen that with Gordon and Reke there is a bit of redundancy where you can shift one of those assets for something you need elsewhere. I would be fine for moving both, but if I am stuck moving one, move Reke. Gordon to his credit is a solid catch and shoot player.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don't follow, are you saying that the players I am suggesting that we move are our core players? Reke, Ryno, Gordon, and Asik aren't core players are they? We are keeping our Kobe/Gasol, Duncan/TP, and Shaq/Wade, we are looking for that Bynum/Fisher, Manu/Leonard, and Hasslem/ Payton.
    If you've ever listen to Dell or Monty talk about there team....more than once all the players you mentioned. ...or all considered core players......

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    If you've ever listen to Dell or Monty talk about there team....more than once all the players you mentioned. ...or all considered core players......
    If they really have said that, Its probably why people think we can make the playoffs, but not win a title with this unit.

Seriously, those are core players? What title team in the last 5 years would consider any of these guys core players, and at the salary each of those guys command?

I think these guys are all better assets than the players they replaced, but they aren't the final parts to what we expect to win a title with. I think these are good assets that we will use to try getting better assets.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-26-2015 at 05:10 PM.

If they really have said that, Its probably why people think we can make the playoffs, but not win a title with this unit.

Seriously, those are core players? What title team in the last 5 years would consider any of these guys core players, and at the salary each of those guys command?

I think these guys are all better assets than the players they replaced, but they aren't the final parts to what we expect to win a title with. I think these are good assets that we will use to try getting better assets.
    So, Please enlightened us on who YOU would bring in NEXT year to make this a title team..?

players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

Who would I bring in? Good question. Seeing as how I didn't see us being able to move Emeka and Ariza, or getting Jrue for a lottery pick, so it really is hard to say if all we are going off of is a list of free agents, (which isn't a really good list to base these things off of since we have no cap space).

But who on this team do you see being here on a title winning team, and in what capacity?
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-26-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Who would I bring in? Good question. Seeing as how I didn't see us being able to move Emeka and Ariza, or getting Jrue for a lottery pick, so it really is hard to say if all we are going off of is a list of free agents, (which isn't a really good list to base these things off of since we have no cap space).

But who on this team do you see being here on a title winning team, and in what capacity?
    I don't think you can determine who'll be a fit on a championship team ...going on a this season alone with all the injuries and lack of playing time together. ..it'll be clearer next season. ...IMO. ..Such is life things change and people grow. ..same for teams as well. ..who knew the Warriors would be this good..

Banned
    They certainly aren't starters, and for what your paying them, you could do better. But please, continue telling me how these players have shown when its winning time they can be counted on.
    Are you ****ing stupid? For what you're paying reke, he is a great value. Both as a spot starter and a perennial 6th man of the year (if our starters are healthy).

So your running it back with Reke as your starting pg because we got to the playoffs with him starting? Well, do what makes you happy I guess. I don't see us getting to that next level with Reke starting at the point, but ok.
    Putting words in my mouth. I run it back with a healthy team and don't sell the farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Are you ****ing stupid? For what you're paying reke, he is a great value. Both as a spot starter and a perennial 6th man of the year (if our starters are healthy).
    Well, that's one take on Reke. A little personal, and not dignified, but a different take none the less.
    BSH, I am not putting words in your mouth, I think something is lost in translation. I think we have to many one dimensional guys here, and paying them like they are well rounded.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-26-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Putting words in my mouth. I run it back with a healthy team and don't sell the farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. .find a small ball PF/C to back up Asik

We don't need more role players. We need one co star .
    We could landed this co star in the 2012 draft. Sadly we got Austin instead of Damien Lillard.
    One realistic option would be to go after Eric Bledsoe.
    In this scenario we have to get rid of Holiday.
    Asik is also not useful for us.
    We can sign McGee for maybe the minimum.
    20mpg is fine for him.
    Crowder would be a great fit for this team.
    PG: Bledsoe
    SG: Gordon
    SF: Crowder
    PF: Davis
    C: McGee
    Bench: Evans, Anderson, Cole, Ajinca, Pondexter, Cunningham

Banned
    Well, that's one take on Reke. A little personal, and not dignified, but a different take none the less.
    BSH, I am not putting words in your mouth, I think something is lost in translation. I think we have to many one dimensional guys here, and paying them like they are well rounded.
    Do you even know what you're talking about. how many players in the NBA can average 17-5-5 ? What do you call "well rounded".

Show me a single player not on his rookie contract that averages 15-5-5 that only costs 10 million a year for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicans_82-0 View Post
    We could landed this co star in the 2012 draft. Sadly we got Austin instead of Damien Lillard.
    20mpg is fine for him.
    With this lineup we'll be in the lotto and on Shaq-in-a fool..more often than not. Gordon and Bledsoe didn't work with the Clippers, why bring it here....plus we would have the shortest backcourt in the league. ..IMO...awful

20mpg is fine for him.
    God no.

Eric Bledsoe could have the same role as Kyrie Irving.
    Plus he is the better defender.
    McGee is actually not a bad player.
    Yeah he is unintentionally hilarious. I'd watch every home game, because of his funny plays
    But if you compare his play against Bogut (i.e. Playoffs 2013), maybe you change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Do you even know what you're talking about. how many players in the NBA can average 17-5-5 ? What do you call "well rounded".

Show me a single player not on his rookie contract that averages 15-5-5 that only costs 10 million a year for 5 years.
    I don't know why you are making this so personal. I am sorry if I have upset you, but please stop with the name calling. If you continue down this road, I will have no other choice than to report you.

As for players putting up stats, do you remember GV here? He was putting up a double double. Emeka was avg. a double double. Stats are pretty, but they aren't everything.

Bledsoe and Gordon didn't work together in LA, but then again they were both young...at it was the Clippers pre-CP3. That doesn't mean they won't work together here (not that I am for that either).

Eric Bledsoe could have the same role as Kyrie Irving.
    Plus he is the better defender.
    McGee is actually not a bad player.
    Yeah he is unintentionally hilarious. I'd watch every home game, because of his funny plays
    But if you compare his play against Bogut (i.e. Playoffs 2013), maybe you change your mind.
    Very impressive, I wouldn't touch him. .there's a reason no one picked him up. ..

Man Minnesota just needs to trade us Pekovic for Gordon straight up, problem solved

McGee might not be a bad pickup. He is being paid by Phila next season. So he may agree for a small contract (probably more than minimum - maybe part of MLE?)

problem with him (not mentioning his IQ) is that he wants a big role in team. for me he might be only energy guy for max 20 mins

my only problem with continuity with our core is with our basketball IQ - ok it will increase a little when players will learn each other more. but problem will stay probably...

I'd much rather bring Withey back than even look McGee's way. We want to maintain or raise our team IQ, not lower it.

low-paid JaVale is IMO better than Withey.
    I have in mind IQ issues.

I may take a risk for one year

Banned
    I don't know why you are making this so personal. I am sorry if I have upset you, but please stop with the name calling. If you continue down this road, I will have no other choice than to report you.

As for players putting up stats, do you remember GV here? He was putting up a double double. Emeka was avg. a double double. Stats are pretty, but they aren't everything.
    Yeah, there is a huge difference between a double double and 17-6-5. You know that right. There are only a handful of players in the league that can put those numbers up as a starter or a 6th man.

And there are NONE of them on the contract Tyreke has. In 2 years paying paying our 2 starting guards a total of 20 million is going to be a steal and you'll be praising Tyreke. Because of Tyreke we can get a dominate 3 next offseason, if we had to also find a guard with his 10 million dollars if they magically disappeared I guarantee you he'd be way ****tier.

Once the cap goes up Eric Gordon is going to get a bigger contract than what Tyreke has. And you're crazy if you think Eric Gordon is better than Tyreke Evans.

Banned
    Tyreke is a little inefficient, but he is a great passer and rebounder, he does lots of things well, there are very very very few players in the league with his versatility and his contract makes him a steal.

Reke is a bench guy, when he is on the bench he won't be posting those same numbers (he isn't Manu or Lou Williams). He is a turnover machine as well. With him acting as a 6th man those numbers will drop as well, but for the improvements he made this season, he was still Reke when it counted. Him being moved to the bench, I would prefer Cole handling the ball over Reke (in that unit) but Reke needs the ball to create for himself, so what are you going to do. Between him and Gordon, Reke should have the higher value, but for what we need, Gordon is the better fit.

Thread Information