Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

What are some available players that you think can help us take the next step.

You need 2 starters, and 2 bench guys.

Out Asik, Reke, Ryno, Gordon

Keep AD, QPon, DC, Jrue, Cole, Ajinca.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

Jae Crowder i think is someone we should pursue with the MLE.

I think we should let Ajinca walk. Trade Ryno to a team way under the cap for peanuts, so we can dump some salary and then try and sign Koufas. Let him know he gets minutes at starter based on matchup.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 04-25-2015 at 09:53 PM.

We have very limited options due to our cap situation.
    I'd rather see how this team performs injury free next season and then spend big when both Gordon and Anderson come off the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Oh ok. So gut the team. Screw continuity. Lol.

No, your not gutting the team, you are keeping the guys you can actually win with, while moving pieces that won't see a title game unless they are spectators, or 12th men.

No, your not gutting the team, you are keeping the guys you can actually win with, while moving pieces that won't see a title game unless they are spectators, or 12th men.
    Asik, Reke, Gordon, Ryno are 12th men? Stop drinking and go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    They certainly aren't starters, and for what your paying them, you could do better. But please, continue telling me how these players have shown when its winning time they can be counted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

I think we should let Ajinca walk. Trade Ryno to a team way under the cap for peanuts, so we can dump some salary and then try and sign Koufas. Let him know he gets minutes at starter based on matchup.
    So.....let go of the one guy on this team who has a legit low post game. And replace him with an Asik clone with worse defense and rebounding? Hmm

I agree you can't cut or trade all those guys that would be ridiculous to even think about doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to cut or trade them, you can start by not resigning them.

We all watched this season and this series, and your telling me that those are key players on a title team? Not a team contending for a title, but an actual title winning team?

So who do you replace three starters and a good off the bench player with ill be waiting to here your thoughts and opinions ????

We all watched this season and this series, and your telling me that those are key players on a title team? Not a team contending for a title, but an actual title winning team?
    At some point you have to build a team that can contend for titles before you actually build a title winning team.

Banned
    Cole and Qpon sucked tonight.

I would like to take a chance on Javale Mcgee, does anyone know his contract situation.

Uno is right. Although, I'd keep Gordon and Ryno until the trade deadline, at least. But then you run the risk of injury. Ryno's trade value is probably at an all time low, so it won't hurt if he's kept until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

i absolutely love crowder and would love to get him.

And who would u try and trade Tyreke for?

and Cole absolutely has to be resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    So.....let go of the one guy on this team who has a legit low post game. And replace him with an Asik clone with worse defense and rebounding? Hmm
    How did that low post game work out for us? As far as i am concerned, it was all a flash in a pan. Just my opinion.

Only one of those guys has that option this offseason. Choosing a similar option is impossible due to Bird rights. Decisions will have to be made, but don't see how that makes us better, or even as good even given internal improvements, in the near future. Nearly any reasonable contract for Asik will be good under new CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    So who do you replace three starters and a good off the bench player with ill be waiting to here your thoughts and opinions ????

I broke it down in another thread but, you have your starting 3 of AD, Jrue, and QPon. Your center and SG have to be well rounded tier 2 players. They will command about as much as your paying Reke and Ryno now. They will be your 3rd and 5th scoring options, and asked to be the 4th and 5th best defender on defense.

You go to your bench with Cole, DC, and Ajinca. That is fine, all you need are scorers at the SG and and SF spot. They don't have to be as well rounded given the players they are playing with are solid defenders, and they won't be playing long minuets anyway. Between what you know you have in Jrue, Cole, AD, DC, Ajinc, and QPon, you already have a solid 6, and if you really only plan on going 9 deep (which is what we did tonight), you will be looking for a number of guys who won't be impossible to acquire.

Anyway, give me the list of free agents this offseason and we can go over the specific players you would want to see here, but as of now, that would be my plan to get us to the next level.

Banned
    Cole sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Cole sucked.
    1 bad game lol.

One thing to also take into consideration is, in my plan I am calling for 3-4 guys to be brought in. We all know Demps has his annual out of nowhere signing (Ayon, Ajinca, etc.) so of those 3-4 players, you know he is going to be cheap just based off of past precedence.

It's highly unlikely any of this happens (more likely we win with Fred Rodgers than this going down), but it's what I would do.

Thread Information