Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicans_82-0 View Post
    Eric Bledsoe could have the same role as Kyrie Irving.
    Plus he is the better defender.
    McGee is actually not a bad player.
    Yeah he is unintentionally hilarious. I'd watch every home game, because of his funny plays
    But if you compare his play against Bogut (i.e. Playoffs 2013), maybe you change your mind.
    Asik will NEVER do this.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Asik will NEVER do this.
    Asik rarely does things that Javale does. That's why one of them is still in the league

I want to upgrade starting SF obviously but I don't want that to spell the end for Dante.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Reke is a bench guy, when he is on the bench he won't be posting those same numbers (he isn't Manu or Lou Williams). He is a turnover machine as well. With him acting as a 6th man those numbers will drop as well, but for the improvements he made this season, he was still Reke when it counted. Him being moved to the bench, I would prefer Cole handling the ball over Reke (in that unit) but Reke needs the ball to create for himself, so what are you going to do. Between him and Gordon, Reke should have the higher value, but for what we need, Gordon is the better fit.
    lol you think Lou Williams is better than Tyreke?

Come on man

You don't?

Come on man!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You don't?

Come on man!
    smdh

I like Lou and I like reke sometimes both bench players imo
    I'm a grinder

Both are bench players, one is costing $5m a season while the other is costing $10m.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm going to just keep slipping these names into the conversation whenever I can…

Terrence Ross and Evan Fournier.

I could see Eric Gordon and our 2016 1st being good enough to get either of these two guys. This trade would free up some cap space this season and give us a big SG/SF that can defend the Klay Thompsons of the world. Orlando needs shooting and if they resign Tobias Harris they don't really have a starting spot for Fournier. Ross is also struggling to find his role in Toronto and Gordon would likewise provide them with shooting off the bench.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I would resign Asik, cole, Qpon. Hire a better coach who can help Reke improve and improve team defense.
    Get AD deal done get JRUE healthy, sign Dcarroll from ATLANTA

I like Patrick Beverley. Can we get him? If we got him somehow I'd trade Reke for whatever we can. Holiday, Carroll, Beverley, Cole, Qpon, gordon would be awesome

I think we can get something big for Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I would resign Asik, cole, Qpon. Hire a better coach who can help Reke improve and improve team defense.
    Get AD deal done get JRUE healthy, sign Dcarroll from ATLANTA
    I think Cole and Qpon are alredy under contract. I see a team looking for an expiring contract looking at Gordon, meaning we would have to take on a player with more than one year left on there deal.

MM, I am really excited to read the BSS season in review player breakdown. I remember at midseason a lot of us were caught off guard with some of the grades that had been handed out (Gordon received a D). When will that be coming out?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    just found this for anyone interested. Fuquan Edwin playing summer league with the Pels supposedly.

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/...-pelicans.html
    His shooting form looks like Gerald Green's.

Who the Fuquan is this guy?

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Asik will NEVER do this.
    He won't what now?

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pelic...nop-play4.nba/

also

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pelic...nop-play4.nba/
    Last edited by Caffeinedisastr; 04-27-2015 at 02:37 PM.

I would much rather grab MaGee for a cheaper and shorter contract than Asik for what he is going to get paid. I think for what we need at center MaGee is perfect. He doesn't have to play heavy minutes but just be asked to do what Jordan has been asked to do since Doc got to the Clippers. We need MaGee to rebound and protect the rim where he is elite at both. Don't need him to force shots but when we get him open just throw it down like Asik has not been able to do since he has gotten here. MaGee had problems of being immature but not being a bad basketball player and I think he has been humbled down and matured enough to come here and except the role we give him. I think he's a perfect fit next to Davis starting games with Anderson off the bench and a little Ajinca.

The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    lol you think Lou Williams is better than Tyreke?

Come on man
    Give me Lou Williams and his 5m per over Reke and his 10m per any day of the week. U have to be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicans_82-0 View Post
    We don't need more role players. We need one co star .
    We could landed this co star in the 2012 draft. Sadly we got Austin instead of Damien Lillard.
    One realistic option would be to go after Eric Bledsoe.
    In this scenario we have to get rid of Holiday.
    Asik is also not useful for us.
    We can sign McGee for maybe the minimum.
    20mpg is fine for him.
    Crowder would be a great fit for this team.
    PG: Bledsoe
    SG: Gordon
    SF: Crowder
    PF: Davis
    C: McGee
    Bench: Evans, Anderson, Cole, Ajinca, Pondexter, Cunningham
    Lol you think Bledsoe is better than Holiday? That bench is better than the starting out side of Davis. McGees career is over he can't move.

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    Lol you think Bledsoe is better than Holiday? That bench is better than the starting out side of Davis. McGees career is over he can't move.
    PER
    Bledsoe 2013/2014: 19.6 2014/2015: 18.4
    Holiday 2013/2014: 17.1 2014/2015: 18.8

Holiday is a good player. no doubt. sadly he’s injured and isn’t a Robin.
    This team needs urgently a second star player.
    we can’t either trade for a star player nor sign a star player.
    There is no guarantee a player will pan out.
    We can hope to land a good player who will become a star player e.g. the Spurs drafted Leonard and who would know on the draft night he would become a finals MVP.
    To get Bledsoe is a proposal on a fan board.
    In a perfect world, we could trade for him and he would be Unibrow’s Robin.
    wouldn’t you be glad about that?

I have no current information about the status of McGee or his health.
    We have pros in the front office.
    They should know better.
    If they think he’s healthy, has no problems with his role and accepts the min, why should’t we give this experiment a shot?

if Alexis A. is going to earn about 4,5 m and because of the future cap/tax implications (see Mason's article) i may be able to take a risk with McGee as a 4th big for the 1-year minimum.

He is being paid by Phila - so offering him reserve center job might be not bad idea

There's two players with the skills we're looking for and available for cheap. Unfortunately, both have some mental issues. Their names are JaVale McGee and Larry Sanders.

McGee's low IQ and overall immaturity are infuriating. I mean, the guy can't play defense properly, always chasing blocks instead of defending, and he has such an inflated vision of himself (just see the BS he said about contenders fighting to sign him). Maybe he will start to figure things out but right now he's no basketball player and at 27 the clock is ticking.

On the other side of the spectrum, Sanders proved he could be a nice basketball players. His issues seems deeper and he may not be able to come back in the NBA if he can't solve the whole drama surrounding him.

I hope Dell's staff will work extensively on them to see if it's possible to work something out with one of these guys. Still I hope we will bring Patric Young back to see if his year in Turkey helped him. At least, unlike Pierre Jackson, he find a way to play well in Europe.

I think ive read every scenario on here and I think I am more or less the only person on here (bar MM maybe) who honestly doesnt want to make any sizeable moves.

Thread Information