Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    1 bad game lol.
    Seriously. Cole has been a blessing for this team.

Cole sucked, sure. The entire serious though? Nope. Cole has been a God send. You bring him back and thank John Salmons for being a good sport.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    How did that low post game work out for us? As far as i am concerned, it was all a flash in a pan. Just my opinion.
    AA is great insurance at the 5. I think he and AD could be a deadly frontline if Alexis could cut back on his fouls. Unless you want another Hilton Armstrong or Melvin Ely as a backup. And replacing Asik with Koufus would be just like replacing Asik with himself.

I am not familiar with Koufas, but from what I hear he is a well rounded player, as opposed to Asik who is good at one thing, and utter basura on the other end. He would be a replacement for Asik, and as I stated, he isn't a break the bank type center, thus allowing you to use those assets elsewhere.

Turn it on the Memphis game Koufos is making plays Asik can't do in his dreams. Dude is so much more agile than Asik.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I, for one, am not convinced that Asik has been completely healthy this year.... I can't put my finger on it, but something just seems to be amiss with him.... and if we could pull it off, I would much prefer Carroll over Crowder....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Turn it on the Memphis game Koufos is making plays Asik can't do in his dreams. Dude is so much more agile than Asik.
    So do you replace one for the other (honest question as I know one devil, but not the other)?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I, for one, am not convinced that Asik has been completely healthy this year.... I can't put my finger on it, but something just seems to be amiss with him.... and if we could pull it off, I would much prefer Carroll over Crowder....
    I asked my buddy about Jrue, and asked if anyone else was playing through injury, and he said none were as significant as Jrue's were.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I asked my buddy about Jrue, and asked if anyone else was playing through injury, and he said none were as significant as Jrue's were.
    I might be totally off base about Asik, but it's just a feeling I have.....

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I might be totally off base about Asik, but it's just a feeling I have.....
    To me Asik seems to be in worse shape than he was with the Bulls

To UNO is Asik ask for to much I have no problem replacing him with Koufos then.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Cole sucked.
    Did you just watch this game?

So do you replace one for the other (honest question as I know one devil, but not the other)?
    No. We can get both, if we shed some salary.

I think people REALLY have to understand our cap situations before they start having these conversations.
    @mcnamara247

players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think people REALLY have to understand our cap situations before they start having these conversations.
    MM. A team way under the cap could take Ryno's salary to where the trade wouldn't have to similar in salary right?

In other words, could we trade Ryno to the Celtics ( sign and trade) for Crowder and a minimum player?
    Last edited by Sleeper; 04-25-2015 at 11:08 PM.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Demps. Heck with Monty or any players that would be signed, or will be traded. Demps contract with the Pels is now complete. Do we give him another year? If we give him only another year and say, "Here you and Monty can sink or swim together." do we see more moves as he realizes that this is a final year for him, or does he have the confidence in his men to "run it back?"

UNO look up our salaries next year. The only one on your list who is not signed is Asik. We have to sign him to him b/c bird rights allow us to and keep the MLE. Do some research before spouting off at the mouth.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Tobias Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    UNO look up our salaries next year. The only one on your list who is not signed is Asik. We have to sign him to him b/c bird rights allow us to and keep the MLE. Do some research before spouting off at the mouth.
    Who is saying your only option in all of this is signing guys? Do you even trade bro?!?!

But seriously, do you know what trades are?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NOP.html

Our cap situation isn't lost on me, but what is lost on me is us having to sign Asik (like somebody is holding a gun to our head and forcing us to do it). You don't have to resign Asik. Nobody is going to come and put crab boil on your lawn if you don't resign him.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-26-2015 at 01:05 AM.

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    You don't have to cut or trade them, you can start by not resigning them.

We all watched this season and this series, and your telling me that those are key players on a title team? Not a team contending for a title, but an actual title winning team?
    UNO I think this is what DOMINION was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarpelicansfan View Post
    UNO I think this is what DOMINION was referring to.
    I should have said "...one of them." None of the other guys I mentioned (as out) are free agents, so I am not sure why he assumed we wouldn't resign a signed player.

Anywho, no, we don't have to resign Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    wouldn't mind a run down lol..

But i think people are throwing trade options rather than signings.. i think continuity between Jrue AD is key, keep two of either ryno, gordon or tyreke but one has to go for better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    wouldn't mind a run down lol..

But i think people are throwing trade options rather than signings.. i think continuity between Jrue AD is key, keep two of either ryno, gordon or tyreke but one has to go for better options.
    Yeah, im not talking about signings, but if we can make a move that opens up cap space in order for us to do so, by all means lets sign somebody.

I agree about continuity between Jrue and AD being key. Those are your main guys. Everyone else can come and go, but those two guys will be your pillars (unless we are offered a deal netting us a better player than Jrue). Gordon, Reke, even Ryno, they are young and for the most part are on good contracts, but those two things alone don't make them guys you build your NBA title plans around.

I'm okay with the run-back scenario. I agree the real action comes when Gordon's contract is in play. That could be this offseason, but more likely at the trade deadline

I'm really torn on Asik. On one hand, I understand what the numbers say about his contribution. On the other he just can't be this inept around the basket. I really don't think we can afford that. I'd be really disappointed if he isn't better than this within 3ft next season, but not sure I have a good reason to suspect he will be.

Exit Question: people keep saying this series was a "bad matchup" for Asik. Why? It seems to me Andrew Bogut is just the sort of match up you want for Asik. When they pull Bogut, you pull Asik. They switch with Bogut. Is the idea that Asik is a much worse defender than Bogut on switches? If so, that's a problem. Bogut is about the bare minimum you can get by with at the C position and still expect to contend. If we could get Bogut-level play at the position, I'd be satisfied...

Looking at Asik's rebound percentage compared with those of his peers its quite interesting.

7th best offensive rebounder, 4th best defensive rebounder, 3rd highest rebound percentage.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...5_leaders.html

Its interesting how good he is compared to those around him, however, he must be the worst of the bunch offensively. Then you look down the list at Ed Davis, and you see the Lakers got a steal in him ($1.06mil) for the 12th highest rebounding percentage.

Whatever it takes to get Draymond Green while moving Tyreke. I'm telling you Green would change this team to a serious contender next season. Anderson and Ajinca as the back ups doesn't get much better than that. Green is a better fit here than the Warriors and would have an even bigger impact I believe.

Another player someone mentioned above that would be great is Tobias Harris. If he is possible we should make a serious run at him also. Guy would be a great fit playing the 3 and 4 here.

I understand we have to have cap space but maybe moving Reke if possible makes it realistic. I don't know exactly what we would have to do to afford Green but he is so perfect for this team.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-26-2015 at 03:24 AM.

Thread Information