Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: players that are available that can help us in areas of need.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Did you just watch this game?
    Yes, why.

just found this for anyone interested. Fuquan Edwin playing summer league with the Pels supposedly.

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/...-pelicans.html

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think people REALLY have to understand our cap situations before they start having these conversations.
    Isn't it more realistic that we should understand our assets, like Gordon's expiring, Anderson's expiring, and how the league perceives Tyreke's contract given the cap increase? and our 2016 draft pick?

I think we should expect Dell at a bare minimum to trade the 2016 pick for a player that can be a part of a playoff rotation.

What does Tyreke and 1st get you? What does the 1st get you?

If Asik and his agent are amenable, and the other team agrees because you throw in a future 2nd round pick, couldn't you create a trade exemption that would be valuable in Dell's hands?

I don't think we're as limited as you consider us to be. Remember, you said the same thing last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Whatever it takes to get Draymond Green while moving Tyreke. I'm telling you Green would change this team to a serious contender next season. Anderson and Ajinca as the back ups doesn't get much better than that. Green is a better fit here than the Warriors and would have an even bigger impact I believe.

Another player someone mentioned above that would be great is Tobias Harris. If he is possible we should make a serious run at him also. Guy would be a great fit playing the 3 and 4 here.

I understand we have to have cap space but maybe moving Reke if possible makes it realistic. I don't know exactly what we would have to do to afford Green but he is so perfect for this team.
    The odds that Green changes teams is about as high as Lebron changes teams IMO.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Isn't it more realistic that we should understand our assets, like Gordon's expiring, Anderson's expiring, and how the league perceives Tyreke's contract given the cap increase? and our 2016 draft pick?

I think we should expect Dell at a bare minimum to trade the 2016 pick for a player that can be a part of a playoff rotation.

What does Tyreke and 1st get you? What does the 1st get you?

If Asik and his agent are amenable, and the other team agrees because you throw in a future 2nd round pick, couldn't you create a trade exemption that would be valuable in Dell's hands?

I don't think we're as limited as you consider us to be. Remember, you said the same thing last year.
    Last year I thought we would add one or the other (C or SF) but not both due to our resources. And that's what happened over the summer.

You are correct that we need to understand our resources as a whole, but we also need to listen when Dell and Monty talk over and over about how valuable continuity and corporate equity are. They both brought it up numerous times at the end of the playoffs and Monty during the playoffs.

I think they could make moves if they want this summer, but when you combine the fact that most of their assets are less valued now than they likely will be in February and that they value how much continuity could help, it makes more sense for the moves to be minor now, while I admit they could be major during the season if an opportunity arises.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Last year I thought we would add one or the other (C or SF) but not both due to our resources. And that's what happened over the summer.

You are correct that we need to understand our resources as a whole, but we also need to listen when Dell and Monty talk over and over about how valuable continuity and corporate equity are. They both brought it up numerous times at the end of the playoffs and Monty during the playoffs.

I think they could make moves if they want this summer, but when you combine the fact that most of their assets are less valued now than they likely will be in February and that they value how much continuity could help, it makes more sense for the moves to be minor now, while I admit they could be major during the season if an opportunity arises.
    Why would Gordon or Anderson, going into the offseason relatively healthy, be more valuable in February. I completely disagree. At that point, a team that will likely also value some level of continuity, would be giving something up, including continuity, for only a 3 or 4 month rental. And the Pels would be looking at moving a guy that's been a part of their 6 man rotation, disrupting whatever continuity they've built over the first 3 months, and integrating a new piece.

None of that makes as much sense as making a decision this offseason about who you want to keep beyond next season and moving players that aren't long term fits if you can find value.

If you don't anticipate bringing Gordon back, move him if you can. Same with Tyreke and Anderson. I don't understand the logic that leads to them having more value in February or it being less disruptive to chemistry to trade them mid season.

It's better to trade those guys now if they're not part of plans beyond next season. It could also be disruptive if guys start thinking about next contract.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 04-26-2015 at 11:27 AM.

The Franchise    Contributor   

I've read enough on this site to be sadly resigned to the idea that we're stuck with Asik or going with somebody off the vet minimum scrap heap. But because the idea of watching that shambling mound of garbage another year has me wishing for escape routes... Is there any chance that Cuban lets Tyson leave again since Dallas has so much to do after gambling on Rondo? And what is Tyson going to get at his age? He's no long term answer but maybe a good 2 year stop-gap. (And not that there are a ton of Asik defenders out here anymore, but the whole 'he does a lot of things that don't show up in the numbers like screens, and his rebounding actually is high and whatever else' well, I dont know that his faults all show up in the numbers either - like his teammates double clutching when they see him open under the hoop because they know as well as we do that he'd miss a dunk in an empty gym, or how much energy he sucks out of them when he fumbles their passes, or how many rebounds he losses or makes irrelevant by bringing the ball from above his head to below his waist and having it knocked away. Serious question- is it scored as a block or a steal when a six foot guard with pipe-cleaner arms slaps the ball out of this supposedly strong as an ox 7 footer's hands below the basket as he brings the ball all the way down before trying to go back up with a dunk?

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Whatever it takes to get Draymond Green while moving Tyreke. I'm telling you Green would change this team to a serious contender next season. Anderson and Ajinca as the back ups doesn't get much better than that. Green is a better fit here than the Warriors and would have an even bigger impact I believe.

Another player someone mentioned above that would be great is Tobias Harris. If he is possible we should make a serious run at him also. Guy would be a great fit playing the 3 and 4 here.

I understand we have to have cap space but maybe moving Reke if possible makes it realistic. I don't know exactly what we would have to do to afford Green but he is so perfect for this team.
    Screw Green, I hate this guy after this series lol.

In all seriousness though, I think he cashes in this offseason and goes to the highest bidder.
    I dont believe all his talk about winning is his top priority and all, he was butthurt as hell about Kawhi winning DPOY.
    IMO he isnt going to be a player that has a consistently great career like he has been this year.
    He will eventually just show flares of how well he is playing now.

I could be totally wrong, but that is just the way I feel about him based on his mentality/psyche.

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    Can anyone verify if this is possible salary wise.

Lets say Greg Monroe wants to come back home to N'awlins.
    He is willing to sign a one year contract for more than 10 mil.
    Can a sign and trade involving Tyreke work here? Im thinking it can.

This way Greg can see how well the team plays here and either cash in on another team next year or stay here if things go well and still get paid pretty well.

Just something I've thought about and would like to know others thoughts.
    Last edited by pmarpelicansfan; 04-26-2015 at 09:56 AM.

u can make all the trade u want but it what it all comes down is coaching if u don't have coaching u will have the same thing
    over and over
    how many times after a time out did the players walk on to the court and look back to the coaching staff and turn there hands up
    and ask them what to do

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You don't have to cut or trade them, you can start by not resigning them.

We all watched this season and this series, and your telling me that those are key players on a title team? Not a team contending for a title, but an actual title winning team?
    You rip the team based on the match up with the Warriors? ...If everyone returns healthy plus the playoff experience and the nasty taste from being swept....this will easily be a 50 plus win team. Replace Jimmer, Douglas with another wing and a rebounder and we'll be straight. ...

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    1 bad game lol.
    he's trolling man come on lol

No, your not gutting the team, you are keeping the guys you can actually win with, while moving pieces that won't see a title game unless they are spectators, or 12th men.
    That odd, because we actually won without Jrue. Roughly .500 with him.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The perfect fit for this team would be somehow getting Jimmy Butler if Chicago stays true to their nature and decides to be cheap.

If someone is goign to throw a max at Butler, would they be inclined to match, or would they seak out sign and trades that Butler would agree to?

Anderson, Gordon, 2016 fiirst for Butler?

Or alternatively, Dell could look at who will be the next Jimmy Butler, and try to acquire him this offseason. So I'm looking at a SG that will be restrictd in 2016, could possibly deserve big bucks if he makes a leap, and plays for a team that might not want to pay it. Who is that guy? I'd dangle my 1st and see what I can get.

Out: Reke and Asik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

It would make a lot of since, IMO, for Dell to go after someone like Terrence Ross or Evan Fournier. A young vet and big SG.

Either I think could be had at some point between this summer and trade deadline, without giving up core assets. Orlando and Toronto could both absorb Gordon and our 2016 1st into cap space, and he'd be a fit if teams think his shooting stroke will continue.

On the Monty question , I am 80% positive that Monty is not the guy to get us to the finals , and am a believer that it's better to have a coach that you think COULD get you there or has been there and can get back . The only mitigating circumstances for Monty are that we have had EXTREMELY bad luck with injuries . With that said although I have been wanting a coaching change for a while now would be ok with bringing Monty back next yr , but I would not extend his contract. To my lack of faith has to do more with his coaching style and that he does not seem to have control of his players. I'd like to see maybe some changes on his staff , bring in a strong offensive ast coach to help and let's see if a semi healthy roster with a few improvements can help.

On the Asik topic , I understand the cap situation . Asik is a good rebounder and a pretty good rim defender but is an EXTREME liability on offense for all the great rebonds he gets he fumbles away or blows an easy shot under the rim or gets his shot blocked . I understand the cap restrictions we have and the players available to us . but is we sign Asik to a 4 yr deal that means we are STUCK with him when our cap situation improves and a better option becomes available. If Asik will take a 1 or even a 2 yr deal that would all I'd be willing to sign him to . I do think if Dell is here Asik will be as well , how long of a deal ? Who knows . I'm really kinda ok with Dell , but his contract is up so it's either a new one or he's gone . If Monty comes back I think he's on a short leash , It will truly be a make or break yr . Then again Lausha and Loomis may decide it's time to clean house and bring in their OWN GM and coach. My basketball knowledge is nowhere near as good as my Football knowledge so I invite opinions that show me where my thinking is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    You rip the team based on the match up with the Warriors? ...If everyone returns healthy plus the playoff experience and the nasty taste from being swept....this will easily be a 50 plus win team. Replace Jimmer, Douglas with another wing and a rebounder and we'll be straight. ...
    Who is ripping them based off of the Warriror series alone. This was a seasons worth of realizing certain guys aren't needed here. You can obviously move on from Jimmer and Douglas, that a forgone conclusion. But those guys weren't getting minuets anyway. You need to replace guys who were getting minuets, and not showing up.

This thought wasn't created overnight or on a whim. Certain guys just can't be here if we expect to win a title.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    That odd, because we actually won without Jrue. Roughly .500 with him.
    So your taking Reke to run point over Jrue since Reke was the pg in those games?

You need 2 starters, and 2 bench guys.

Out Asik, Reke, Ryno, Gordon

Keep AD, QPon, DC, Jrue, Cole, Ajinca.
    Who do you replace them with ?....a third of your core.....

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Who do you replace them with ?....a third of your core.....
    I don't follow, are you saying that the players I am suggesting that we move are our core players? Reke, Ryno, Gordon, and Asik aren't core players are they? We are keeping our Kobe/Gasol, Duncan/TP, and Shaq/Wade, we are looking for that Bynum/Fisher, Manu/Leonard, and Hasslem/ Payton.

So your taking Reke to run point over Jrue since Reke was the pg in those games?
    Was just using your logic sir.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Was just using your logic sir.

So your running it back with Reke as your starting pg because we got to the playoffs with him starting? Well, do what makes you happy I guess. I don't see us getting to that next level with Reke starting at the point, but ok.

I really don't think you can base your plan going forward on such a small sample of Reke covering the starting point for a portion of the season. There is a lot more to consider when you look at the results. I think off the bench with Cole and Ryno puts Reke at an optimal position to really utilize his strengths. He's not a good decision maker and shouldn't be in charge of running our offense when we have Jrue and Cole.

Your point guard needs to have a consistent jumper like Chris Paul. Reke is more like Rondo, see what that got Dallas.

Thread Information