Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason 2015

Offseason 2015

What changes would you like to see made? Any draft-related moves? How would you like the lineup to look going into next season?

Monty yes or no?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm 90% sure we will see a good bit of overhaul. I can't see how Tavares Montgomery Williams is retained. Not following that epic 4th quarter collapse. So he's gone.

If Demps is retained, Asik will probably also return. But we need to get a hoss regardless of if we keep Asik or not. A real banger in the paint. Maybe recall Patric Young over the summer, see how he looks but just as a long shot. Bring in someone in the vein of a Carl Landry or Kevin Seraphin. A big body that will mix it up and grab boards, but has some movement ability to them.

I think Gordon, Tyreke, or Anderson might be moved.

Bring in someone like Danny Green if we can swing it.

Carroll would be heavenly if he hasn't already peaked, that is. Only player in the draft I'd want really is Karl Anthony-Townes, but I haven't given this draft much thought yet. I wait till after the NFL one before I jump to the NBA one.

I would like Monty gone but I think he will be back. If he is back we have to get a top notch assistant coach. I also wouldn't mind Gerald Green to start at the 3.

Monty: Yes for one more year. As long as this team continues an upward trajectory, we should let him keep working. Especially in light of how much the players have bonded with him.

I wouldn't mind seeing us do something to add to our SF rotation, but I believe the resurgence of Pondexter has made that less of a need than it was. Mostly, I don't want to see us do something big and stupid to take us out of the running for the 2016 free agency.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'll add if Monty returns, I won't be against it. I think he's gone because that's what I think will actually happen, not because I necessarily want it to happen.

Please no more Asik! Evans and Gordon can also go. Danny Green would be a great pickup!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm 90% sure we will see a good bit of overhaul. I can't see how Tavares Montgomery Williams is retained. Not following that epic 4th quarter collapse. So he's gone.

If Demps is retained, Asik will probably also return. But we need to get a hoss regardless of if we keep Asik or not. A real banger in the paint. Maybe recall Patric Young over the summer, see how he looks but just as a long shot. Bring in someone in the vein of a Carl Landry or Kevin Seraphin. A big body that will mix it up and grab boards, but has some movement ability to them.

I think Gordon, Tyreke, or Anderson might be moved.

Bring in someone like Danny Green if we can swing it.

Carroll would be heavenly if he hasn't already peaked, that is. Only player in the draft I'd want really is Karl Anthony-Townes, but I haven't given this draft much thought yet. I wait till after the NFL one before I jump to the NBA one.
    I would like Seraphin, Danny Green and Carroll would be great pick ups also. I don't see the draft being a factor unless we buy a pick.

Can someone please tell
    Me what tyreke did well , did u see his averages this post season
    And effort ? He has to go

I just hope we don't overpay for Asik like we did for Gordon.
    I'd leave the team the way it is for now and hope for limited injuries.

With limited injuries I really think this team finishes in the top 5 next season with a season together under their belt.

Jrue/Cole
    Gordon/Evans
    Q-Pon/Cunningham
    Davis/Anderson
    Asik/Ajinca

.....and then see what we need once Gordon and Anderson come off the cap in 2016/17.

2015/16 isn't the season to move too many pieces as there are no realistic players available to partner with AD like there will be in 2016/17.

By 2017.....it wouldn't surprise me if only Davis is the same player on this team we saw tonight.

-Dump Gordon
    -Upgrade SF, QPon to the bench
    -Bring back Cole
    -Try and upgrade at C.. We need a defensive presence like Asik, but hopefully someone not as negative on offense. I would probably take Koufos over Omer
    -New coach

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Can someone please tell
    Me what tyreke did well , did u see his averages this post season
    And effort ? He has to go
    I don't get how people can question Reke effort dude is a warrior. Plus the only problem I have with Reke is his decision making down the stretch, and that wouldn't be that big of a deal if Jrue was healthy.

Tyreke was asked to played a position that's wasn't his and was asked to run a offense Something he hasn't done his whole career and he's bashed for it.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    I don't get how people can question Reke effort dude is a warrior. Plus the only problem I have with Reke is his decision making down the stretch, and that wouldn't be that big of a deal if Jrue was healthy.
    This.
    He is a 6th man.....not a starter.

I'd like to see our team make some moves to gain us better raw basketball intelligence. Veteran presence has proven to be a boost for us. We need better reliability. That being said, I think we need to consider moving Tyreke and/or Ryno. Even package them in a trade for a good SF and possibly a late first. If we do move Reke, we might want to look for some decent backcourt depth.

I do want to retain as much of our core as possible, because chemistry is key and I think this team has bonded well. Over the past few years Gordon has finally come around and seems to have found his place in the lineup. I'd like to keep him around. I see Holiday as our starting point guard moving forward. He and Cole make a formidable duo and we've only seen a couple of months of it.

Asik I'm ambivalent about. I don't know how much better we can do right now. Maybe see if we can bring back Robin Lopez for another go. He's had a good run in Portland and I believe he's unrestricted.

As others have over the last few days, I think Monty has taken this team as far as he can. His presence has been valuable to the team's camaraderie and chemistry, but doesn't have the driven instinct to push any further. I just don't see it. He'd make a good assistant coach. I'd love to see Ollie at the helm, but I don't know how likely that is.

I agree with MM. I bring all top 12 back and bring in some MLE player of choice. Continuity is far more important this summer.

Assuming Gordon opts in.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This.
    He is a 6th man.....not a starter.
    No hes not. Hes a starter. Some are going off the deep end looking for a scapegoat when entire team played bad and coaching was bad.

W/out reke being a baller the last 2 months we dont sniff the playoffs.

tyreke isn't a starter or 6th man, he's a chess piece u can use anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I agree with MM. I bring all top 12 back and bring in some MLE player of choice. Continuity is far more important this summer.

Assuming Gordon opts in.
    It's certainly a safe way to play it. I'd say it's not worth breaking the bank for Asik, but if he can be brought back at what everyone is expecting, he should be brought back. I think we play it safe this offseason, keep the continuity next season, and see what holes we need to fill when Gordon comes off the books in 2016.

I want Monty gone. Now is the offseason to do it if any. The west will be much more top heavy next year as I see POR, MEM, DAL all dropping off. So I think if we stick with Monty now we'll be stuck with him.

Tyreke should go too.

I know Davis loves these guys but winning will cure that. Let Asik walk. Monty, Tyreke and Asik aren't meant for success in the modern NBA.

WE NEED CONSISTENCY OUT OF OUR TEAM!

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Tyreke was asked to played a position that's wasn't his and was asked to run a offense Something he hasn't done his whole career and he's bashed for it.
    Then, what's his position?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Then, what's his position?
    what is Manu position since him and Tyreke are very alike.

I just don't think Tyreke should run our starting offense. He's a good player when he plays within himself, but we can't run a fluid offense with his iso plays and poor decisions. He's impulsive and will toss up the ball on a whim sometimes. If we do keep him, and don't upgrade at the 3, I'd consider playing him at starting SF with Jrue, Gordon, AD and Asik (or another good center).

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    I just don't think Tyreke should run our starting offense. He's a good player when he plays within himself, but we can't run a fluid offense with his iso plays and poor decisions. He's impulsive and will toss up the ball on a whim sometimes. If we do keep him, and don't upgrade at the 3, I'd consider playing him at starting SF with Jrue, Gordon, AD and Asik (or another good center).
    i agree with u, i'd like to see him be the 6th man and also close games at the 2 or 3.

- Find replacement over Asik
    - Jrue & Ryan get Healthy
    - Tyreke works on his shooting and IQ
    - Sign a vet like Vince Carter
    - AD gets in the gym and learn post moves
    - Find a sf
    - look for new coach

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Thats the thing I hate when ppl bash Tyreke HE WASN'T BROUGHT IN TO RUN THE OFFENSE. Jrue was but he could stay healthy and Tyreke had to step up.

Thread Information