Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Offseason 2015

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am fine moving forward with the sf combo of QPon and DC. If we can get DC back on a good price, we are fine at the sf spot. Not every team is going to have Lebron, Melo, Durant, or Leonard. For what we need from our 3 spot (good defense, 4th option on offense), those two have been plenty fine. If you want to make an upgrade then go for it, but its going to cost a lot more, and the improvement won't outweigh the price.

If Asik wants more than $9 mil you can trim the fat there. What he will command, and what he deserves are two different things, he can rebound, but he is a liability on the other end of the court. If you can save money by signing a Koufas, do you do it? I think the savings, and the lack of head scratchers on the offensive end would be worth it. What you lose on the boards (you gain in points and fewer to's).

I know we will be better wether we make moves or not, but everyone else will be better as well. The Thunder will be healthy, The Suns will be healthy, the Jazz will be better. Luckly the Spurs and Mavs have to get old, but for all the talk of us certainly making the playoffs next season, its no certainty given that the NBA doesn't operate in a vacuum where we are the only team improving.
    If you can get Koufos cheaper its a no brainer. He can catch, finish better than Asik, is much more mobile, younger, and a good rim protector.

I'd be willing to give Koufos 5-6 million.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I agree that he played hero ball way too much. I think his slashing ability is usually only helpful in the middle of the game when the team doesn't have a game plan.

Not sure how to fix that though, because his ability to get to the rim is a huge part of our offense.
    You put him in a position that minimizes the exposure of his flaws and gives him more opportunities to utilize his strengths. He is vulnerable running the offense with his poor decision making and hero ball tendencies. Off the bench with Cole and Ryno allows him to play within his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    no, hes a starting pg or sg

no matter how many times u repeat otherwise
    On a bad team sure, on a championship team, no.

Maybe you missed the epic collapse where the 0-356 Warriors in games where they enter the 4th down 20 got their first win in that situation? But Evans botched almost every single possession he was the ball handler from 6 minutes on down in the fourth. Maybe if it was an outlier issue you could chalk it up to the moment but it is something that has happened all season.

Evans is not a starting PG. As an off guard starter he has no value as a defender, can't jump shoot and is only above average as a cutter.

Right now his ceiling is a 6th man on a championship team.

I appreciate all he did this year to keep the ship afloat but Evans has literally reached Jimmer status around here with some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    alright.. but my point is that no matter what we do, we ain't overcoming them for the playoff hunt, gosh
    I don't know. I think we can win 50-55 games when healthy, maybe more. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    On a bad team sure, on a championship team, no.

Maybe you missed the epic collapse where the 0-356 Warriors in games where they enter the 4th down 20 got their first win in that situation? But Evans botched almost every single possession he was the ball handler from 6 minutes on down in the fourth. Maybe if it was an outlier issue you could chalk it up to the moment but it is something that has happened all season.

Evans is not a starting PG. As an off guard starter he has no value as a defender, can't jump shoot and is only above average as a cutter.

Right now his ceiling is a 6th man on a championship team.

I appreciate all he did this year to keep the ship afloat but Evans has literally reached Jimmer status around here with some people.
    That's cool. Who do you think takes his place though?

Watch the video i just posted and then tell me how we move forward.

Evans and Ryno both have some Jimmer status about them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

IMO?

Jrue. Like was the original plan before he went down and we asked Evans to move to the bench. Jrue, Gordon, Qpon or FA SF, Davis, Asik or whoever we sign.

Bench: Cole, Evans, Cuningham or FA SF, Ryno, Ajinca or FA Center.

Evans can't guard 1's in this league, struggles against 2's and can't guard 3's. Jrue is the better facilitator and more versatile offensively and has the potential to be the best defensive point guard in the league next to CP3.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-26-2015 at 12:59 AM.

what do you mean takes his place?
    What place does he even have who knows..
    His not our starting PG is he? or SG or SF? His a bench guy and theres many guys out there that can take a bench role..

The more I think about it the more I tend to side with NO Bronco. Hindsight being 20/20 (or 50/50 depending on who you ask in Carolina), given the option between RoLo and GV (totaling $12mil) or Evans ($11mil + whoever fills the center spot), I think I bypass on Evans and go with the 2 for 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    what do you mean takes his place?
    What place does he even have who knows..
    His not our starting PG is he? or SG or SF? His a bench guy and theres many guys out there that can take a bench role..
    His place as the slasher that can get to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    IMO?

Jrue. Like was the original plan before he went down and we asked Evans to move to the bench. Jrue, Gordon, Qpon or FA SF, Davis, Asik or whoever we sign.

Bench: Cole, Evans, Cuningham or FA SF, Ryno, Ajinca or FA Center.

Evans can't guard 1's in this league, struggles against 2's and can't guard 3's. Jrue is the better facilitator and more versatile offensively and has the potential to be the best defensive point guard in the league next to CP3.
    Easy to say the injured guy is better.

Tyreke Evans will never be an effective weapon consistently throughout the playoffs. He is a 1 trick pony on offense and the good teams in the playoffs take away your strengths. His game will look good in the reg season but will not translate to playoff success. He is a liability when shooting the ball outside 5 feet. You can't play him at the 2. Hes a B- to C+ player in the NBA imo. He doesn't fit well with this team. He lacks bbiq big time. He doesn't push it up the floor, killing the pace of our offense. I really hope we trade him. We need a starting qulaity sf as well. Sorry but Qpon is not that even if he did play really good for us at times. He's a perfect 2nd unit sf for some scoring off the bench. Asik I'm torn on. Love that he is a banger down low, can rebound with the best of them but God dam he's anemic on the offensive side of the court. If we can keep him for the right price then I feel we should. No more than 8-10m per year tho. I honestly feel 10 is too much. If he walks we gave up ANOTHER 1st rd pick and got absolutely nothing in return. I'm hoping we see wholesale changes starting with Dell, down onto Monty. It'll be a fun offseason for sure.

The more I think about it the more I tend to side with NO Bronco. Hindsight being 20/20 (or 50/50 depending on who you ask in Carolina), given the option between RoLo and GV (totaling $12mil) or Evans ($11mil + whoever fills the center spot), I think I bypass on Evans and go with the 2 for 1.
    Honestly don't even think it's a close one either. Give me Rolo, and Gv all day. Gv bbiq x1k more than Reke. Plus we still have a 1st rd pick in that scenario as well.

Watch the video i just posted and then tell me how we move forward.
    Really?? A highlight video? I can find u 100 Reke DOH!!! Moments too and make a video of them.

Cmon man please tell me you aren't saying Reke is better than Holiday?? Please tell me it ain't so. Good lord

So are you taking GV/RoLo/and a first round pick (for $13-14mil) or Reke/Asik/Withey for ($19mil).

So are you taking GV/RoLo/and a first round pick (for $13-14mil) or Reke/Asik/Withey for ($19mil).
    Lol exactly. I think that's laughable actually. With this roster we are currently staring at. It's a no brainier.

Jrue is a more versatile offensive player, a vastly superior defensive player and a much better facilitator. If you want to go with the guy that is worse in all those things as a our starting PG, you need to actually make the case as to why. If you want him at the 2, you need to explain why he is a better option then Gordon who is superior player off the ball and better defensively.

Knowing what I know now about Jrue's injury, and how he played through it (and played well), I am excited as to what he and AD can do together moving forward. If somebody were to take Reke as the pg (moving forward) over Jrue, I would ask that they check themselves in to a mental hospital.

Jrue has to be healthy and starting for this team to move forward. He's too important on this squad. Evans is better suited as a backup.

Evans is better suited on another team if we are being honest. If Jrue is your starter, Cole is your backup. Evans in the 2nd unit without the ball no es bueno as he needs the ball in his hands to create. Save the headache, keep Jrue and Cole (which moving forward will be one scary combo), move Reke for assets towards the future.

And if people don't think we can move Reke, Ryno, Gordon, and get something in return just look at this list. With Demps we can move bad assets for better assets, and good assets for better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I'd be willing to give Koufos 5-6 million.
    And his agent wouldn't be willing to take that. He will get something closer to Asik than most think.

5-6 million is nothing in the new cap era. People need to readjust what prices mean moving forward.
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information