Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Offseason 2015

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    tyreke isn't a starter or 6th man, he's a chess piece u can use anywhere.
    no, hes a starting pg or sg

no matter how many times u repeat otherwise

I can't wait until Asik is off this team. I don't care how good his defense or rebounding is, when he is on the court offensively we are playing 4 vs 5.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post

My point is, he can do either, he can be a starting 1 or 2, or he can be a spark.

If I had to put him at the best position for him to be successful it would probably be a SG.

Banned
    Bye, Jimmer.

Really tho, need to trade one of jrue, reke or gordon for a sf. nowhere near enough balance on this team

He can't play off-ball, makes too many poor decisions as the lead, and cannot defend starting PGs or SGs so explain to me how he is a starter on a contending team?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    He can't play off-ball, makes too many poor decisions as the lead, and cannot defend starting PGs or SGs so explain to me how he is a starter on a contending team?
    simple, u dont know what you're watching

simple, u dont know what you're watching
    Your basketball IQ might be lower than Tyreke's

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    I won't be mad to see Tyreke get traded.
    I will be mad if we resign Asik.
    I only want Monty to leave if we have a shot to grab someone like Tom Thibodeau or his caliber.

I don't believe Monty is an elite coach but he certainly isn't a bad coach. What his specialty is to me is culture. He's built a great culture amongst these guys and that is extremely undervalued by fans in a small market. It's how you keep guys on your team or wanting to play on your team.

Really tho, need to trade one of jrue, reke or gordon for a sf. nowhere near enough balance on this team
    Move Reke and Gordon, but not for a better SF, the QPon DC combo are fine. Replace Gordon and Reke with SG's that can play offense and defense, or one SG that can do both, and a well rounded center. What your paying both of those guys is what good players make.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Your basketball IQ might be lower than Tyreke's
    u offered nothing but nonsense

the idea reke can help lead this team to around a 25-15 record at pg & push us into the playoffs as the 2nd best player next to AD for that entire stretch, playing well on both sides of the ball, then gets injured in this series & wasnt supposed to play game 2 but pushed thru his injury, obviously wasnt 100% & now a few clowns think hes a bench player suggests the lack of basketball IQ lies w/ u.

the idea reke can help lead this team to around a 25-15 record at pg & push us into the playoffs as the 2nd best player next to AD for that entire stretch, playing well on both sides of the ball, then gets injured in this series & wasnt supposed to play game 2 but pushed thru his injury, obviously wasnt 100% & now a few clowns think hes a bench player suggests the lack of basketball IQ lies w/ u.
    Look, we'll send him back to the Kings if you give us Cousins.

And a 1st rounder.

Run it back. Continuity is your offseason addition and it helps more than any player we can realistically get would
    @mcnamara247

The reason reke should no longer be on the team is not because he doesn't run the offense well, that's not his job, he's not supposed to be a point guard. The reason I want him gone and believe that he will be gone is because he has no jumper whatsoever and kills the spacing of the team. We need shooters the guard position. It's no wonder the best teams in the league are good shooting teams.

I also believe Eric Gordon will be traded. It's easier to trade an expiring contract than a guy that has two years 30 mil left on his contract (obviously).

A healthy Jrue and a more experienced AD are what you have to look forward to next season (if your running it back with the same unit) because everyone else is old and set in their ways

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    A 6th man role bench player could be better than the guy who starts in his spot. It just means tht he plays better ball when he is the dominant on ball guy on the floor. (See clippers and Jamal Crawford)
    This team lacks ball movement when he is on the floor because he has trouble impacting the game other than with the ball in his hands. Yes he had a great run end of season starting at point, but that doesn't change what I've previously stated.

Are you by any chance Tyrekes brother? (Silkyslim)
    Last edited by pmarpelicansfan; 04-25-2015 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Did not reply with quote.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    A healthy Jrue and a more experienced AD are what you have to look forward to next season (if your running it back with the same unit) because everyone else is old and set in their ways
    They don't change their individual skill sets, but playing with the same guys day in and day out has so much value. You trust guys more on defense, you know what they want to do on offense and where they need the ball, etc. Continuity is a real thing and all the great teams have it. So many of the guys on this team have played less than 1500 total mins together and/or haven;t even had a training camp together.

If Tyreke is willing to be a 6th man I'd probably keep him, probably keep Ryno, but they aren't off limits. Gordon is a good player but cuts into the cap too much. Asik I lean no.

Monty is a average at best

I'm in the continuity group. Just what are the freaking odds they have to endure crazy injuries again next year?

Just AD alone adding more bulk and a post game would be worth 10 more wins with this team as is (healthy). Maybe get us an assistant coach that can drill movement on offense, and maybe upgrade the C spot with better hands. Think Robin Lopez type. Minor tweaks.

If we keep Reke and Ryno, I say we bring them both off the bench. Ryno can stretch the floor for Reke, and Cole can run the second unit offense. I think a healthy Jrue makes Gordon a better player on the floor, and they could be an excellent starting backcourt after further recovery and conditioning over the offseason. I still want to upgrade at SF, but our options are limited. Tobias Harris would be nice, if even possible, but I see Orlando matching for him.

I also like RoLo over Asik.

To me, our guys have little to no trade value this summer. Run it back unless you get a good offer and you are in a great position to make a huge deal in February if the opportunity presents itself. In the meantime, get off to a fast start with a group that is bound to grow with more time together. At worst, they take another step forward and guys come off the books giving you a ton of money and the moniker of "team of the future" going into the summer of 2016. That will get you some FA's

I would say get rid of tyreke and gain continuity and try to upgrade C and SF.
    People underestimate this offseason because we made the playoffs we can do it again..
    Next year is gonna be harder, with a healthy OKC and i say our chances of making it next season is quite low unless we have a big offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    what is Manu position since him and Tyreke are very alike.
    No they're not. Manu is a much better defender and shooter. They're really not that close.

Tyreke is hard to plug in anywhere in today's game since he's a not a good shooter. Similar to Rondo.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

This year per 36 Tyreke averaged 18-7-6 while shooting 45% front he field and 31% from 3 while posting a career best defensive rating. He along with AD carried us into the playoffs and without him no way we make it. And the dude is a freaking warrior and battled thru injuries and we wanna get rid of him.

We don't even make the playoffs this year without Tyreke. He is the only player it seems that stayed healthy most of this season and even played when not. I am biased for Tyreke because i am University of Memphis alum; but really he was second best player the majority of this year.

His ability to get to the rim is something we severely lacked when we had CP3.

Thread Information