Pelicans Report

Thread: What do you want to see in this game?

What do you want to see in this game?

At this point all I want is continued growth from the team. I have to admit I thought we could compete with them and if everyone was on their A game we could steal the series. After the first game I realized we need more experience. The 4th quarter push in game 1 gave me hope again that we might be able to steal game 2.

What did I see in game 2? Growth from the team! They came out and went toe to toe with the best team in the league this year. But again inexperience reared it's head in not understanding the level of focus required to win a playoff game, especially on the road. But the team did improve from game 1.

What about game 3? Horrible way to end but again the team showed growth. This time they took the best team in the NBA behind the woodshed for over 3 quarters. Then, they did what cannot happen in a playoff game. They relaxed. They stopped doing all of the things that put them in optimal position to win and with an MVP caliber player in curry you simply cannot relax in a playoff game. Again, inexperience but still growth.

So what about tonight? I will absolutely be disappointed to get swept. I know we can win this game if the players and Monty can keep their intensity level for the entire game. Every one of these games have been different and yet even with losses you can't deny that the team has improved in each one. Learning to play with true playoff intensity is what it's all about for this young team. Hopefully they can put it together tonight, remain focused throughout and pull out a win.

I hope AD develops a post game this summer. I remember before one of the games, one of the GS players saying AD doesn't have a go to move you can take away because he's so versatile. Well, it's time for him to develop that go to move. He has a great jumper but he needs to develop secondary moves that get him square to the basket and not off balance. With his length and quicks he should be able to get a great shot that cannot be stopped in most cases. I keep having vision of the dream shake in my head and I know he can be that good.

Sorry for the dissertation. What are you looking for out of this game?
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 04-25-2015 at 03:45 PM.

I feel GS will want to close this out tonight and rest their players. I hope the Pelicans play inspired and don't mail it in.

I'm impressed because I really feel that despite the areas lacking on the roster the Pelicans would be up 3-1 in the series with any other team in the west. Save for game 2 they have played that good.

I just want to see a win.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I think we will come out angry and confident and I think we will blow them out and sustain it till the end. I think we might see a game to remember from AD

At this point the only way left to improve is by getting a win. We've done just about everything we can except get a win.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    At this point the only way left to improve is by getting a win. We've done just about everything we can except get a win.
    This pretty much sums it up.

I am interested in the crowds response...that game Thursday crushed so many hearts on and off the court. I believe the players can file things away; fans, not so much

I want to see us play well, and I think I have for nine of the twelve quarters thus far. We could lose in a landslide and I'd be so proud of this team and enjoy the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

When I check the scores around 9:30, I'd like to see the Pelicans with more points than the Warriors. Maybe a picture of Green or Bogut with a swollen lip.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    When I check the scores around 9:30, I'd like to see the Pelicans with more points than the Warriors. Maybe a picture of Green or Bogut with a swollen lip.
    and lots of ice packs on the Warriors bench.

Most of the national media I have heard, have been impressed with our fight. Tonight would more to take notice.

Not to be such a huge debbie downer, but im expecting a blowout. The Pelicans lose focus after a tight race, and Splash brothers including my darkhorse tonight Harrison Barnes go crazy when they smell blood. I can see the final scene in my head now a empty arena and a defeated Pels bench. I do not believe AD will show much passion tonight, i think the last game crushed them too much. AD goes into the offseason pissed, comes back the best player in the world.

MVP for Pels tonight- Tyreke Evans 26/6
    MVP for Floppers- Klay Thompson 31/3

Expect some terrible foul calls from refs too.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

who's going to get rebounds... esp. if we go small (Jrue or Cole, EG, 'Reke, RYNO, AD)

that's what really killed us in the 4th Thursday... 16 GSW 2nd chance points in the 4th qtr alone
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Thread Information