Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Game 4 Playoff thread!!

Did we get a defensive rebound that half?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    No crowd, no coach, no fight, no defense.
    We lost game 4 in the forth quarter of game 3.

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Monty's last half of coaching coming up.
    Maybe. This next half will be very telling. If these players really love there coach as much as they say they do, they'll play their tales off for him, and refuse to lose

This team mailed it in after last game. They need to break it up trade some players and get more parts that mesh better.

Montys defensive system is littered with flaws and its way to complicated. All the switching and hedging requires constant communication and to be able to think quickly. This is just like game 1 in the first half. Simplify the defense man. Be willing to live with something but you have to take something away.

The same lineup monty just had on the floor is the same lineup that pretty much blew the 20 point lead. If Anderson is not going to defend or rebound then whatever he gives on you offense is negated due to the fact he doesn't defend. And Tyreke is just going through the motions on both sides of the floor
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

How anyone thought this team to be anything other than completely flat for this game shows how little they know about basketball.

Everyone should have come into thinking they would be very bad tonight. There was no way to overcome Thursday. I'm not drawing anything from this game because it's not our real team.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    What are we doing on defense man!!!! Can we hire Mike Malone as the next HC?
    Monty defense is overly complicated. Sometimes I feel for the players because Monty is forcing them to do way too much on defense.

am I the only 1 who just doesn't see Monty getting canned right now?

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of his (believe me I've had many of the same questions you guys have had)... but everything taken in totality... I just don't see how they can make that move after this ends

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How anyone thought this team to be anything other than completely flat for this game shows how little they know about basketball.

Everyone should have come into thinking they would be very bad tonight. There was no way to overcome Thursday. I'm not drawing anything from this game because it's not our real team.
    Honestly I think most of the players have lost whatever faith they had in Monty after that disaster in game 3.

And Tyreke is just going through the motions on both sides of the floor
    Yeah, no kidding. The more I've seen of Reke this series, the more I'd love to see him traded for a better fitting piece this off-season. I used to be a big Reke supporter, but his game just doesn't fit on this team, and his defense leaves a lot to be desired. One thing you can't knock though, is his toughness. You'd be hard pressed to find someone that'll play through injury like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of his (believe me I've had many of the same questions you guys have had)... but everything taken in totality... I just don't see how they can make that move after this ends
    Right they're not like the Thunder's management and fire a coach that went to the finals and then had a worse injury situation than us this year... but still fire Scott Brooks.

I thought monty job was safe after the regular season. But all the goodwill he built up, he completely lost in the 4th quarter of game 3. The city has no faith in him and his players obviously are tuning him out. Monty system is stale and it has been stale for a long time. This team made the playoffs in spite on Monty for the most part and the fact Durant was out for most of the year.

I'm honestly surprised made it through the season. I thought he was done after that east coast road trip where we lost to the hornets, sixers, Celtics, and knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Honestly I think most of the players have lost whatever faith they had in Monty after that disaster in game 3.
    No way to know that based off this game. Monty could be a top 5 coach and this game would happen basically the exact same.

Monty's last half of coaching coming up.

Si Dios quiere hermano.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This season was success. But the team didn't come close to reaching it's full potential.

Hell yes this season was a success. That was sewn up as soon as we beat the Spurs.

This might just be a knee-jerk reaction/short-term memory deal, but I'm feeling more partial to keeping Gordon over Reke going forward.

Monty defense is overly complicated. Sometimes I feel for the players because Monty is forcing them to do way too much on defense.
    That tells me the IQ of our team is bad, so let's get smarter players, or do you think we need a dumber coach?

Call me gay but I am ready for Pitch Perfect II.

I agree with the success of this season.

This season was success. But the team didn't come close to reaching it's full potential.
    I agree, and they won't as long as certain parties are still affiliated with it.

Defense s so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    This might just be a knee-jerk reaction/short-term memory deal, but I'm feeling more partial to keeping Gordon over Reke going forward.
    See game 3

Thread Information