Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Game 4 Playoff thread!!

I just want to make them sweat a bit.... Win tonight and you put them in a sort of must win for game 5 because they will want to avoid physically draining 6 or 7 game series.

Game 5 would also be a must win for them, because they surely wouldn't want to come back to New Orleans and give us a chance to tie up the series.

*The Original Get Buzzin* GetBuzzin's Avatar
    Haven't been around here in years! Just want to say that the Pels need a 2004 ALCS Red Sox moment!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Didn't we start it with the "scrimmage" comment?
    No we didn't. The Warriors were overheard by the pels ball boys calling our last regular season matchup a "scrimmage." So it became a thing and AD even mentioned that in the post game interview with Jen hale after they won that game. So that scrimmage reference was bulletin board material they were using.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTerrapin View Post
    No we didn't. The Warriors were overheard by the pels ball boys calling our last regular season matchup a "scrimmage." So it became a thing and AD even mentioned that in the post game interview with Jen hale after they won that game. So that scrimmage reference was bulletin board material they were using.
    Lol. Its not bulletin board material when u go on to lose the next 3 vs that team. All it did was prove the warriors were right to think that way.

Thx Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Lol. Its not bulletin board material when u go on to lose the next 3 vs that team. All it did was prove the warriors were right to think that way.

Thx Monty.
    But it was said only after the spurs win in the last regular season game in that locker room video by someone off camera. Has nothing to do with Monty's ability to coach or lack of it.

Honestly, if you look at the end of the last 2 they were similar in that both came down to an uncalled travel on curry and a last second shot. He missed the first and we won and made the second and we lost in OT. I'm gluing 2 guys to curry at the end and tell then to deny him the ball. Make someone else beat you.

What might be the worst thing was when I learned that Monty coached them to foul curry and Quincy, who was guarding him, didn't for the end of regulation in game 3. That's terrible.

Banned
    Don't throw your players under the bus.

Thx Monty.
    I don't agree. They can talk cocky all they want. You can't tell me they weren't sweating out all three of those games at the end. Hardly "scrimmages".

What?? He didn't name names. You're not allowed to say that the plan was to foul him? People are so ridiculous about being against Monty. I get that he has faults but Jesus Christ, can we ever put blame on a player or ever gone Monty credit when the team is playing well? You can't just cherry pick when to critique him

whatever happens tonight... I'm proud of the Pelicans... they played their hearts out in a series that most people thought they'd get blown out... maybe should have 2 wins (definitely 1) already if they just knew how to finish

but I think the notice is out... at full health these Pelicans are dangerous... and they're getting better
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Plenty of tickets for game on stubhub, Game only on ESPN tonight.

game's also on FSNO for anyone who doesn't want to watch ESPN

edit: I will be watching Joel, David & Jen

What?? He didn't name names. You're not allowed to say that the plan was to foul him? People are so ridiculous about being against Monty. I get that he has faults but Jesus Christ, can we ever put blame on a player or ever gone Monty credit when the team is playing well? You can't just cherry pick when to critique him
    Monty sucks. Only reason we're in the position to have to foul at the end was because the defense was sooooo bad we gave up 39 in the quarter.

Ur cherry picking blaming a player at the end when its montys coaching which put us in that position and ignoring the other 11:50 in the 4th. We lost because monty didnt put out a lineup who could defend or get a reb. Went small & got burned.

edit: good sign he'll play... he's already in uniform
    Last edited by rt0307; 04-25-2015 at 05:53 PM.

I'll be honest. Gordon isn't the only one still drained. Last game broke me. The end of it was the worst ending I've ever seen to a game ever.

It completely killed any enthusiasm and energy I have for this game. I fully expect the team to get blown out tonight because they just won't desire after that humongous let down. I just can't see them rebounding from that this early.

I can see them coming out pissed and wanting to make a statement next year but not tonight. It's still too fresh.

Monty sucks. Only reason we're in the position to have to foul at the end was because the defense was sooooo bad we gave up 39 in the quarter.

Ur cherry picking blaming a player at the end when its montys coaching which put us in that position and ignoring the other 11:50 in the 4th. We lost because monty didnt put out a lineup who could defend or get a reb. Went small & got burned.
    That's just asinine. You can't blame ONLY a coach when a team blows a 20 point lead in the fourth. Everyone gets the blame. The Warriors lineup had green as the tallest player out there and we had AD Ryno and Tyreke. They should've been able to rebound fine. That's on the players. I hate posting on this site bc people don't get that it's never just one guy that's to blame. You can coach great all you want, but if young, inexperienced players crumble in the moment, there's nothing you can do. Monty coaches them to foul curry, they don't. They had taller players on the court and still couldn't rebound bc the warriors just wanted it more in the end. You think putting asik out there would've done anything on their lineup? Who could he have guarded? Draymond...?

If you take a step back and look at a 45-37 record with damn near league leading amount of injuries in the toughest division in ALL of sports, you'd be content, yes? We're really young. Relax. We're on the same track Durant was on with OKC. And Durant did that with healthy teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'll be honest. Gordon isn't the only one still drained. Last game broke me. The end of it was the worst ending I've ever seen to a game ever.

It completely killed any enthusiasm and energy I have for this game. I fully expect the team to get blown out tonight because they just won't desire after that humongous let down. I just can't see them rebounding from that this early.

I can see them coming out pissed and wanting to make a statement next year but not tonight. It's still too fresh.
    like many of you here... I'm hoping against hope we can force the series back to Oakland for 1 more... but Thursday night was the most frustrating thing I've ever seen from our basketball team... and I am fully expecting a L

all we can do is hope for better health next season where we can really shine

edit: on a good note... I now know I am a true Pelicans fan... Thursday night gave me a feeling that only a disappointing Saints ending could give me before

That's just asinine. You can't blame ONLY a coach when a team blows a 20 point lead in the fourth. Everyone gets the blame.
    Thats asinine. Leaders r leaders for a reason. Captains r captains for a reason. Presidents r presidents for a reason. They take the blame when what they lead fails. Also get the accolades when they succeed.

Blame falls on the coach who murdered his teams chance to win & on AD who ran from the spotlight which superstars cant do. This aint little league where everyone is equal so everyone gets the blame lol. Maybe ur thinking youth kickball?

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    like many of you here... I'm hoping against hope we can force the series back to Oakland for 1 more... but Thursday night was the most frustrating thing I've ever seen from our basketball team... and I am fully expecting a L

all we can do is hope for better health next season where we can really shine
    People talk about "24 hours then move on" but we are 1 hr from tip off and I'm still stuck.

This game feels just like the last Heat-Spurs game where the Heat were just a broken team and didn't even compete. Their head wasn't in it after the previous loss.

fricking GSW fans right behind Jen & Stephen in the SKC

well the big thing I'm looking for tonight is our rebounding to show up somewhere... esp. if we go to that small line-up (Jrue [if he plays] or Cole, EG, 'Reke, RYNO, AD)

Sean Payton in the house tonight

Thread Information