Pelicans Report

Thread: Does Anyone Else Notice How Illegal Golden State Screens Are?

Does Anyone Else Notice How Illegal Golden State Screens Are?

In my opinion the Warriors are playing their screens very much how the Seattle Seahawks play pass defense and that is the Referees won't/ can't call them all. In person watching that team it is extremely obvious that they set illegal screen after illegal screen after illegal screen. I could be tripping because the boys lost the way they did in game 3 but i would love to get you guys take.
    YOU PLAYING BASKETBALL IN PELICAN BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't say one way or the other because I don't know, but I was wondering the same thing the other night. Moving screens are illegal and I'd swear their guys never stop moving. Its more of a moving pick than a screen.

A Game 1 highlight was the wide-open layup be Curry, as Cole got hit with a 2-step moving screen to lose him. The theme was how horrible our defense was, not the illegal screen that freed him.... Late in Game 3 Davis was held blatantly under the basket by Bogut, resulting in a Gordon foul on a made layup by some Warrior. DAvis followed the ref down the floor to complain vehemently and the next time down Bogut got called for it. Damage done, however, on the 3-point play just before. Offensive fouls like this, blocking fouls, loose ball fouls, and hand checks can get called or ignored on just about every play. I'd like some impartial NCAA-credentialed referee to look at the whole game film and count up and compare what should have been called per the NBA rule book. Throw in 3-second violations and traveling violations for good measure, using the same NBA-quality standard for each team. I'd love to see the swing in number of possessions that would result, even though the results won't convince anyone else. The NBA ruled that 3 out of 4 errors made in the last few minutes favored the Warriors, but the article and headline on NBA.com mentioned only the one that favored us (foul on Curry on the tying shot). Even when they try to the right thing they get it wrong. The refs now know to limit their bias to the earlier part of the game when they won't get reviewed by the league.

As an aside, in Game 3 both Speights and Green deserved technical fouls at least as much as Q-Pon did. Speights hit Davis and the ball after the whistle right in front of the ref, and Green displayed a lot of defiance running out of the gym after his 6th foul. Of course, Q-Pon was arguing an obvious flop that we got screwed on the play before, which would not have happened if the ref could see straight in the first place.

Thread Information