Pelicans Report

Thread: The NBA investigate last night's game

The NBA investigate last night's game

How does a team dominate 3 quarters of game and then all of sudden just fall apart?
    I don't buy it. The Warriors did something to the Pels to help them lose. Did the Warriors put lead in their shoes preventing them for jumping up for rebounds? Did the Warriors spike their Gatorade causing them to shoot stupid shots? Did the Warriors reduce the size of their goal preventing them from making shots? It has to be one of those things or something I didn't mention. It can't be because we have a coach who does NOT ooze with confidence and calls time outs to calm his team down and assure them that everything will be okay. It can't be because some players refuse to follow his directions,plays and instead shoot crazy 3 point attempts or not foul a player. No it can't be those things so I say the NBA should investigate.

Please don't.

Now we need a coach that OOZEs confidence... ugh
    Last edited by Sovereign; 04-24-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    How does a team dominate 3 quarters of game and then all of sudden just fall apart?
    I don't buy it. The Warriors did something to the Pels to help them lose. Did the Warriors put lead in their shoes preventing them for jumping up for rebounds? Did the Warriors spike their Gatorade causing them to shoot stupid shots? Did the Warriors reduce the size of their goal preventing them from making shots? It has to be one of those things or something I didn't mention. It can't be because we have a coach who does NOT ooze with confidence and calls time outs to calm his team down and assure them that everything will be okay. It can't be because some players refuse to follow his directions,plays and instead shoot crazy 3 point attempts or not foul a player. No it can't be those things so I say the NBA should investigate.

Misleading title.

Here is the NBA review of the last 2 minutes of the game and OT.

http://official.nba.com/nba-officiat...april-23-2015/

They felt Curry was fouled on his last shot. But they also admit to missing TWO calls in the last 32 seconds of the game which would have given us the ball and/or FTs.

I also don't understand how they still believe the Gordon shot was a 2 but they verified it so they must have another angle than what we saw.

Overall in the last 2 + OT there were 4 incorrect calls made or not called. 3 of those would have benefited us.

they did, they said Curry should have gotten the chance to win in regulation

Q4 00:03.5 Foul: Shooting Anthony Davis Stephen Curry INC
    Davis (NOP) makes contact with Curry (GSW) prior to his landing. A player's shooting motion continues until he returns to the floor
    But they also said Curry traveled prior to that

Q4 00:14.0 Turnover: Traveling Stephen Curry INC*
    Curry (GSW) moves his pivot foot.
    http://official.nba.com/wp-content/u...15-GSW-NOP.pdf

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So much holding, traveling, carrying, and double dribbling goes on when we play GSW in the closing moments at home.

Oi vey.

So I heard you wanted a coach who oozes?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    So I heard you wanted a coach who oozes?
    I vote for Ivan Ooze.

He got things done.

Until he got kneed in the crotch and blown up by a comet.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Do yall think monty could still be fired?

And of course, ESPN writes a whole blog about the foul that wasn't, but not a word about the travel that wasn't. Or the hold that wasn't on the Green 3 point play.

Why I haven't watched ESPN in years.

#Game3truthers

#CurryGate

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    No sweat yall we gonna sweep them

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    No sweat yall we gonna reverse sweep them
    FIFY

It is frustrating to hear we got hosed on that many calls but I do have to say that stepping back I very much appreciate that the league is doing this now.

Just think how the league was 5-10 years ago where calls were ruining games, some notorious ones, and the league just stood by and defended the bad calls. It lead to some deep seeded distrust in the system. Often considered the worst officiated sport.

I like the direction the league is going in publicly admitting bad calls which puts pressure on these refs to clean up their act. Add to that discussions of further fixes and I definitely think the league is on the right path.

The last 2 minutes were a minor travesty compared to the earlier disgusting flops and missed calls that don't get scrutinized and reported back.

Thread Information