Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lunch with a trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I think it has to do with the training staff and heres why,
    I follow two teams passionately in the world of sport, the Pelicans and a rugby league team in Australia.
    MY rugby league team constantly gained injuries left right and centre, it was worse than the pels believe it or not.
    This season we gained new medical and training staff, and remarkably out of a 20 man squad during the first quarter of the season, we only had 1 injury and it was minor!

I played on teams with the same staff in football having 10 guys injured while the next season having very little problems along with guys coming back form surgeries playing at a high level. Training staffs can help in preventing injuries but I doubt that was the result in Rugby where one wrong hit ruins your knee. Trainers can't protect that or be miracle workers healing you with a touch of their hand.

Lunch with a trainer

We have bad injury luck. That much is obvious. Do we have one of the best medical staffs in the NBA, though? I'd love to know if your friend could venture to say that.

Those teams' medical staffs that are good and excellent, mainly Phoenix, is because they are innovative and non-stop. We never hear anything good about our staff. That's all I'm saying.

Our players don't always trust our staff and always seem to rehab out of state. I don't see Phoenix guys doing that. Just my thoughts. Although I'm ignorant of the situation, our staff just isn't very noteworthy whatsoever.

This is the NBA! I don't see why every team doesn't have a staff like Phoenix!

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    We have bad injury luck. That much is obvious. Do we have one of the best medical staffs in the NBA, though? I'd love to know if your friend could venture to say that.

Those teams' medical staffs that are good and excellent, mainly Phoenix, is because they are innovative and non-stop. We never hear anything good about our staff. That's all I'm saying.

Our players don't always trust our staff and always seem to rehab out of state. I don't see Phoenix guys doing that. Just my thoughts. Although I'm ignorant of the situation, our staff just isn't very noteworthy whatsoever.

This is the NBA! I don't see why every team doesn't have a staff like Phoenix!
    So the same medical staff that basically gave the go ahead for Gordon to get the max basically forcing us to match and has gotten our medical staff blamed for not seeing his problems. I don't see the Suns having some world class medical staff because they have had luck with the injury bug. Stoudemires knees would have failed him there just like Nash's back which bothered him in PHX but just got too old to deal with it in LA. Like I said our staff gets bashed for giving the go ahead on Gordon when really it was the Suns staff that forced our hand.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So the same medical staff that basically gave the go ahead for Gordon to get the max basically forcing us to match and has gotten our medical staff blamed for not seeing his problems. I don't see the Suns having some world class medical staff because they have had luck with the injury bug. Stoudemires knees would have failed him there just like Nash's back which bothered him in PHX but just got too old to deal with it in LA. Like I said our staff gets bashed for giving the go ahead on Gordon when really it was the Suns staff that forced our hand.
    I said nothing about Gordon. We didn't match because of health. We matched because he was the get in the CP3 trade and still widely believed to be a rising star. If he would have blown up elsewhere, Dell would have lost his job.

The Redskins have had horrible injury history the past couple of years and most notably are Orakpo and RG3. There team Doctor and staff they use is James Andrews who is considered the best in sports. Must be his fault RG3 can't stay healthy along with others guys on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I said nothing about Gordon. We didn't match because of health. We matched because he was the get in the CP3 trade and still widely believed to be a rising star. If he would have blown up elsewhere, Dell would have lost his job.
    I never said you did about Gordon. You left him out when our staff got ripped for clearing him to get that $ but not the Suns staff. I think Dell had to match also because he would have gotten the axe but would PHX staff take the same heat as ours did over Gordon? I highly doubt it and it would be pegged as he is just injury prone.

Well, we spoke. Discussions were had. You would be surprised by some of the things I learned.

But first, to GA's point, the PHX staff is so magnificent that they didn't tell the FO, "Hey, hold up, this guy is made of glass." It's not an exact science. Treatment for one guy won't take the same as it will for another guy. Maybe if the players were robots, but no, every person is different. Look no further than two people who go in for the same cancer treetment. One has the cancer completely removed, the other has it in remission and then it comes back. Stuff happens. Not everybody's body works the same.

As to Jrue. We are lucky we are seeing him at all. He SHOULD NOT be playing right now. The fact that he is playing (albeit limited minuets) gives credence to the rumor that it was playoffs of the door for this front office. One party wanted to shut him down for the year, the other didn't. In order to satisfy both sides they agreed to put him on a minuets restriction. His injury is more severe you know. The fact that he is playing, and at such a high level...that's a testament to how good he is, and how much more worried we should be about him getting more minuets in this series.

He told me that come draft combine, our medical staff is one of the most stringent in the business. During the last three combines he has worked in doing medical evaluations on players, and he has worked side by side (they shared a room) with multiple team doctors, and while we look to shy away from injured players, and players with a lot of tread, other teams will gladly grab them. So the info our docs feed back to the FO is what the FO wants to hear, so when the FO tells them "if a guy has problem x, let us know and we will knock him down our board." We aren't removing a guy because the doctors feel his injuries will hurt him moving forward, it's that our front office just doesn't want to take on those problems.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am going for snowballs with him and his family later, I will ask. Heck, if you ever feel down for a game of pickup basketball or dodgeball pm me, and you can come play with us (barring you suck).
    I am always down to play basketball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I think it has to do with the training staff and heres why,
    I follow two teams passionately in the world of sport, the Pelicans and a rugby league team in Australia.
    MY rugby league team constantly gained injuries left right and centre, it was worse than the pels believe it or not.
    This season we gained new medical and training staff, and remarkably out of a 20 man squad during the first quarter of the season, we only had 1 injury and it was minor!
    What medical experience do you have besides following teams ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information