Pelicans Report

Thread: Why we lost - Q Pon had 2.75 seconds to tap Curry and foul him but elected not to

Why we lost - Q Pon had 2.75 seconds to tap Curry and foul him but elected not to

Watch 2:51 - 2:53 from this clip

That is an eternity.

Can anyone give any rational explanation why Quincy wouldn't put a hand on Curry as soon as he caught the ball?

Actually not only that, but he was caught ball watching BIG TIME after Curry had let it go.

You had one job Quincy, one job.
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 04-24-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Better yet, in a situation like that, keep an eye on Curry. He turned and stood still with the shot in the air, meanwhile that minpin was on his way to the corner all alone.

I'm not faulting Monty for that last offensive rebound either. The damn ball just went straight to that a-hole Speights like a magnet. Straight into his belly.

We lost because of poor execution down the stretch more then anything.

Leaving Ryno in when we weren't utilizing him offensively and he was getting scorched defensively, Gordon failing to box out twice in a row and giving back to back offensive board buckets or Evans botching pretty much every single possession in some capacity when he brought the ball up after the 6 minute mark - then getting beat defensively - were all much larger contributors IMO.

Throw Monty in there for letting Ryno play Center for 3-4 minutes with Cunningham at PF and not trying to bring in some bigger bodies like Cunningham or Asik when the offensive boards started getting out of hand.

Re-watching the last 8 minutes of that game last night and Qpon did his job except for one mess up and a bad shot. What is the excuse for everyone else?
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-24-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Why we lost - Q Pon had 2.75 seconds to tap Curry and foul him but elected no...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Better yet, in a situation like that, keep an eye on Curry. He turned and stood still with the shot in the air, meanwhile that minpin was on his way to the corner all alone.

I'm not faulting Monty for that last offensive rebound either. The damn ball just went straight to that a-hole Speights like a magnet. Straight into his belly.
    Someone needs to check that lump on his head to make sure it doesn't have a ball magnet in it. I wouldn't put it past any dub to cheat now.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    We had a ****ing 20 point lead going into the 4th ****ing quarter!

It's not the one defining moment, but all the little ones that led up to it.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Someone needs to check that lump on his head to make sure it doesn't have a ball magnet in it. I wouldn't put it past any dub to cheat now.
    Damn straight, especially with the flops.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Can anyone give any rational explanation why Quincy wouldn't put a hand on Curry as soon as he caught the ball?

I agree with you that he could and should have done it, but he thought as soon as he did Curry would heave it up, and a contested 3 from Curry is preferable to 3 FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post

I agree with you that he could and should have done it, but he thought as soon as he did Curry would heave it up, and a contested 3 from Curry is preferable to 3 FTs.
    That is bull**** and lazy defence.

Watch the tape and make your own minds up.

The refs don't call a three point shooting foul if you foul while they catch the ball.

SMDH

Anyway, he was ****ing ball watching while the first three went up instead of staying on his god damned man! Which lead to the subsequent made three.

I just lost a lost of respect for you QPon.

And yes, closing out on one of the greatest shooters of all time with the game on the line is a non negotiable you moron!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Damn straight, especially with the flops.
    I've gotten to the point where I would like to see the NBA take a page out of the NFL book.... flopping is nothing more than an embarrassing form of "cheating" from some of the best athletes in the world, and the paltry fines associated with it are obviously not a deterrent.... give each head coach 2 "flopping flags" per game, and when used, an immediate video review would be conducted .... I know it might sound silly, but there must be a better way of not allowing "cheating" to have a direct impact on the game itself and only addressed after the fact....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post

Thats bs and a lame excuse. Curry got the ball and dribbled the dam ball to his spot to shoot. Not like he caught the ball and shot right away. Qpon should of tackled him as soon as he caught the dam ball but he failed and cost us the game. It shouldn't of even come down to that 1 play anyways. Monty failed to make any adjustments to us getting abused on the boards for 9 straight minutes. Then down 1 he draws up a play for a gordon 3. I can't wait until this Bum coach is fired. I will celebrate like we won the Finals.

the 10 offensive boards in the 4th weren't the reason, the single play Pondexter didn't foul cause he was afraid to give up 3 fts to Curry that made us lose... I get it... bball IQ=0

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    That is bull**** and lazy defence.

Watch the tape and make your own minds up.

The refs don't call a three point shooting foul if you foul while they catch the ball.

SMDH
    Forget that. Someone should have been on Speights to foul him before he was able to give the ball to Curry.

They all had brain farts. I watched Monty holler at Tyreke two or three times to foul Curry before he actually did it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thread Information