Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Game 4

You know what, now I remember the answer to my own question. When I was in middle school in southern Oregon, Portland started out 0-3 against Dallas (pretty sure it was Dallas), and they took them to game 7 and lost. But all the newspapers and local tv stations were all taking about how Portland was on the verge of making history, etc.

History is meant to be made. It may be easy to say it's over now (because history says so) but it's really not over till it's over. Anything can happen. Who knows, our Pels might be the ones who make history. Just trying to be the grand optimist. It's good for the soul on a night like tonight.

I see some fans want the team to put up a fight, but when the going gets tough it's the fans that don't even wanna put in the effort to watch. If you don't watch game 4 you must be content with being a fair weather bandwagon loser.

Golden State is no easy opponent and yet we've had chances to win all 3 games. Give the Pelicans at least some respect. Hell I just want to see the Pels force as many extra games for the Warriors as possible. Screw that team.

It is better to lose such a game and gain experience in third game of this year series, where we had maybe 1-2% shot on 2nd round.

We will see how it work out inside the team.

But most important is AD's experience. Sports anger (on himself and on the fact that team has lost).

It hurts, but it is better to loose such a game(s) in the beginning of our road...

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I'll be here until the fat lady sings.. it will be painful to watch on Saturday, but I will watch.

Banned
    I still think we can win the series, but I'm creepy like that. One game at a time. Win one and make them implode on their own egos.

As a fan I will always root for my team.
    No matter of score.
    I may be pissed or something, but my team was fighting for the win.
    They were not good enough (maybe it is luck or experience, whatever).

This is last season for learning. Next year there will be no such explanations.

Hopefully the excitement of the fanbase remains for next series games and for the future.

Tbh last night lost was the worst feeling I EVER felt as a fan of professional sport. I couldn't sleep, and I felt literally sick like on the verge of throwing up. When you invest so much time and passion for a team like I do, losses like this is just so depressing and agonizing. I really don't care what you guys do, but for my sake of sanity I just can't watch this team nor anything with sports related for a couple of weeks possibly months. Last night was a embarrassment, unthinkable, and heartbreaking loss. Now we will have to live hearing the world mock our collapse, screw that that's the last thing I need at this point. Im just still in shock man. Won't make me less of a fan Saturday, I just can't watch for MY SAKE.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    This was me last night:

That being said, I'm here till the end. Who knows? Maybe we make history.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Tbh last night lost was the worst feeling I EVER felt as a fan of professional sport. I couldn't sleep, and I felt literally sick like on the verge of throwing up. When you invest so much time and passion for a team like I do, losses like this is just so depressing and agonizing. I really don't care what you guys do, but for my sake of sanity I just can't watch this team nor anything with sports related for a couple of weeks possibly months. Last night was a embarrassment, unthinkable, and heartbreaking loss. Now we will have to live hearing the world mock our collapse, screw that that's the last thing I need at this point. Im just still in shock man. Won't make me less of a fan Saturday, I just can't watch for MY SAKE.
    Pretty much all of this. I looked like a broken man walking out of SKC.

Monty deserves some praise and credit for holding this team together through the injuries. However, last night showed his limitations and to me, showed that he may not be the one to take this team further. A ton of blame needs to be showered on the players, but a top level NBA coach does not let that game get away.

Well if there's one plus, we probably won't make it to game 6 so it won't coincide with the NFL draft next week.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Monty deserves some praise and credit for holding this team together through the injuries. However, last night showed his limitations and to me, showed that he may not be the one to take this team further. A ton of blame needs to be showered on the players, but a top level NBA coach does not let that game get away.
    Thank you for putting well. I agree. I don't think he's an OUTSTANDING coach, but I don't think think this is a firable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm saying it.

If you willingly don't watch, you're a bunch of *******.

Angry at Tavares or not. Gut it out. It's hard, it hurts, but they need us and vice versa. Are you fans or are you just people with an occasional interest?

Ahhhh. That felt good.
    YES!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Reverse sweep is real

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Well if there's one plus, we probably won't make it to game 6 so it won't coincide with the NFL draft next week.
    Touche. On to SaintsReport.

I'm from the Bay Area and I follow the Warriors and Kings. But have been following the Pelicans as well because of Ex-Kings players ie. Tyreke and Jimmer. This was a tough loss but is a huge building block for a very promising team of the future. I remember Warriors had the same experience with the Spurs, Warriors about to steal Game 1 but somehow find a way to lose with Ginobili hitting that 3 point dagger. This experience will only make the Pelicans better and tougher! It's just a matter of time Also, Davis is one scary player and is a beast!

One thing to note though..why is Cole not playing in the crunch time? He's a Warriors killer and has championship experience that would have been vital for a Pelicans win.

Touche. On to SaintsReport.
    I've never seen you on SR!

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I've never seen you on SR!
    I actually posted a topic about DGB story recently lol. Im on there.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_mon View Post
    I'm from the Bay Area and I follow the Warriors and Kings. But have been following the Pelicans as well because of Ex-Kings players ie. Tyreke and Jimmer. This was a tough loss but is a huge building block for a very promising team of the future. I remember Warriors had the same experience with the Spurs, Warriors about to steal Game 1 but somehow find a way to lose with Ginobili hitting that 3 point dagger. This experience will only make the Pelicans better and tougher! It's just a matter of time Also, Davis is one scary player and is a beast!

One thing to note though..why is Cole not playing in the crunch time? He's a Warriors killer and has championship experience that would have been vital for a Pelicans win.
    Welcome aboard and i assumed Norris was not in for defensive purposes. I agree about this helping the Pels, but man the wounds is still so fresh lol.

I actually posted a topic about DGB story recently lol. Im on there.
    Determined to find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm saying it.

If you willingly don't watch, you're a bunch of *******.
    Trooooof

Thing is when we made it to this point I can recall MANY on here saying "we're gonna get swept but hey, we made it! or "I'll be happy if we win ONE game".
    It seems we forgot that? We played some good close games and hope rises. Last night sucked really bad but we showed our age and our lack of experience.
    Hope they learn from it and move on. They have another game so we can still "win one".
    As bad as last night felt and still kinda feels I've still been pretty impressed with our play all series. We got more to play, gotta watch.
    "We gon' be aaaiiiigggght."

Thread Information