Pelicans Report

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Playoffs Game3 thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why didn't we just fool when we had a 3 point lead... So stupid
    Monty isn't well prepared and doesn't know that the Warriors have Curry who is .443 3P% with an NBA leading 646 made 3's and Klay Thompson .439 3P% and 5th in the NBA in made 3's. Monty wanted to make sure one of them got a look.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Of course they were the way we loss is devastating. I just hope AD use's this as fuel. He may not know it now but the best thing for him is for Monty and Tyreke to go.
    For real. Good guys, but sometimes you have to realize your on a different trajectory than other people. Management has to see that, too or else AD will wake up one day amd wonder why hes still here.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Monty isn't well prepared and doesn't know that the Warriors have Curry who is .443 3P% and NBA leading 646 made 3's and Klay Thompson .439 3P% and 5th in the NBA in made 3's.
    Not to mention their coach is one of the best three point shooters of all time, and clearly knows how to set up a good play for one. But from what I've heard, it sounds like Monty did tell them to foul. Don't know what the hell happened.

There's a reason they're called the Splash Brothers. Well, I hope the Clippers win it all now, just because I win a little money if the Clippers win the NBA Championship. Also wouldn't mind if the Warriors win it all since I live in Northern California.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 04-24-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    There's a reason they're called the Splash Brothers. Well, I hope the Warriors win it all now. Or maybe the Clippers just because I can win a little money if the Clippers in the NBA Championship.
    I have no respect for the Warriors. Call me a sore loser, but some of their game play and their attitude has been filthy. I hope they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    For real. Good guys, but sometimes you have to realize your on a different trajectory than other people. Management has to see that, too or else AD will wake up one day amd wonder why hes still here.
    Have you ever had that wake up call (not sure how old you are)? Thats a day breaker right there. Look at your life to see you have been spinning your wheels. I had that a couple of years ago, when our son was born and I was messing around finishing up my undergrad. Man my brother called me and broke it to me, and for that I am thankful because without him, I would probably still be where I was.

AD will need to have somebody give him that wakeup call, or he will be 30 years old, and looking more like Melo than Lebron.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Have you ever had that wake up call (not sure how old you are)? Thats a day breaker right there. Look at your life to see you have been spinning your wheels. I had that a couple of years ago, when our son was born and I was messing around finishing up my undergrad. Man my brother called me and broke it to me, and for that I am thankful because without him, I would probably still be where I was.

AD will need to have somebody give him that wakeup call, or he will be 30 years old, and looking more like Melo than Lebron.
    My fear is he will have that ephipany before we get our collective crap together.

I feel so bad to the people at the game, I can't imagine having to drive home after what I just witnessed. I hope everyone got home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

This, he may like Monty and Tyreke but they are like the friends you know since elementary school but now are grown and always getting into mess and calling you to bail them out. At some point you got to see that it is best for you to cut ties with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    I feel so bad to the people at the game, I can't imagine having to drive home after what I just witnessed. I hope everyone got home safe.
    I almost threw up on the poor lady in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    I have no respect for the Warriors. Call me a sore loser, but some of their game play and their attitude has been filthy. I hope they fail.
    I don't like their attitude either, but I do like that the Pels have played a potential contender early on. They know what it takes, how dirty it could get, the types of plays you need, the types of things (flopping, elbows etc) that you can expect, and the little things especially on defense that need to be cleaned up if you want to compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

I do think that if the Pels had a better seed and didn't have to jump into the playoffs on the road against the best team in the league, there would be more celebrating around here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Was at the game. Monty blew this game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I do think that if the Pels had a better seed and didn't have to jump into the playoffs on the road against the best team in the league, there would be more celebrating around here.
    Maybe but we still should have won this game

Or not choke away 20 point 4th quarter leads. Don't care how large the gap between seeds is. That should not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Or not choke away 20 point 4th quarter leads. Don't care how large the gap between seeds is. That should not happen.
    anyone have any stats on how many times an 8th seed has even got a 20 point lead on a 1st? purely just thought it'd be an interesting tidbit

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    You don't really stop Curry, you just hope he misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    You don't really stop Curry, you just hope he misses.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    anyone have any stats on how many times an 8th seed has even got a 20 point lead on a 1st? purely just thought it'd be an interesting tidbit
    Pretty sure the TNT crew pointed out that has never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Pretty sure the TNT crew pointed out that has never happen.
    Also a sad fact is that the warriors as a franchise were 0-356 or something when down 20 entering the 4th.....now they are 1-356

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Also a sad fact is that the warriors as a franchise were 0-356 or something when down 20 entering the 4th.....now they are 1-356
    Go figure, just like when the saints play a team with a 2nd string qb. They have a career game. You can hook it every time.

Banned
    It is called great players stepping up in the post season.

Give credit where its due.... Steph Curry is ridiculous, and he actually got fouled on that game-tying 3. I thought we should have fouled when Speights (sp?) got that rebound but nobody was close enough to foul Steph on his shot that tied the game up.

Banned
    We have a lot of good players but still not a great identity. Klay Thompson and Curry are going to shoot most of the time at the end of the game. Us...it seems to depend on who thinks they are hot.

Thread Information