Pelicans Report

Thread: Draymond Green would be a perfect fit

Draymond Green would be a perfect fit

Anybody hating Green I can completely understand. If that same guy was here he would most likely be a fan favorite right behind Davis and get the crowd going along with what he does. He provides the team some swagger and toughness like nobody can beat us and is better than him or anyone of them. It sucks because he is doing it to Davis but I saw him do it to Griffin while dominate him and absolutely loved it. That attitude is very annoying when you play them but one of those guys on your team is contagious and doesn't makes other players act the same but have the confidence they are the best. I have seen nothing he does being overboard or something that crosses the line of sportsmanship but sucks against us haha.

Anybody saying Green sucks is just dead wrong. He doesn't put up 20 and 10s every night but he does something very well in near every aspect of the game who is only getting better. He is such a versatile player being able to play 3-5 and play very well. Just think about him and Davis finishing games together with Green at the 4 and Davis at the 5. Do you know how hard it would be for other big men to deal with those 2 and how well they would fit? People complain about Anderson because of his defense and athleticism while Green does near everything he does except great with slightly less of a 3pointer. His strength, length, and athleticism makes him tough on PFs and able to guard all SFs and give them a problem. He is a tweener but not in a bad way. Reminds me a lot of Diaw just on a different level. He has a versatile offense from passing, driving, dunking, hitting mid rangers, along with being respected at the 3 line. He has the ability to start at the 3 for us while playing the 4 with Davis to close out games if his wish is to start. Have a center like Ajinca to start games is this means you can't afford Asik while keeping him on low minutes with offense rotating. I think Davis only gets stronger and thicker becoming way tougher holding his own against the bigs. Green has worked hard and lost a lot of weight to get to where he is today also.

I think Green needs to be basically priority number one if Durant isn't a possibility when we find out from the start. Green is more of a guy to have suitors like us with lots of other teams while Durant has his select suitors and possibly we are on the short list. I'm sure he would cost near max or possibly max but I would pay what it took for him than Tyreke and Gordon's contract any day. I don't know if we can even do this or get it done by moving a player with salary reasons or sign him without losing much but Asik. If possible man him and Davis would be one duo nobody would want to play or match up with. Like I said before it is a very similar duo to Duncan and Diaw just on a completely different level with the youth and skill now than them. If we could instantly add Green to our team from Golden State and change nothing else but have health for playoffs I think we beat them.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-22-2015 at 11:30 PM.

We ain't getting Green

well they will have to choose between green and barnes I believe. I would love to have barnes.

nevermind barnes has 1 more year, i thought he came out the year before AD tho, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    nevermind barnes has 1 more year, i thought he came out the year before AD tho, maybe not.
    Same year.

I traded players and second rounders in 2k to get a draft pick to get back in and get him in NBA 2k12 because he fell. Ended up with a core of Davis, Drummond and Barnes.....Also ended up with Dragic by trading Steven Adams the next season and signed Morrow that offseason to bolster the bench. Last NBA Game I have played.....Anyways. They came out the same year.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-23-2015 at 02:11 AM.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    well they will have to choose between green and barnes I believe. I would love to have barnes.
    Well then Barnes mite be a very good SF to target that off season when we have more spending $ and also get a better feel for his development. I think very soon he is gonna turn into a Jimmy Butler caliber player and maybe it happens once he signs with us and gets to break out after continually improving.

I just think if Green is possible that guy makes us so damn versatile and gives us the best finishing front court in the NBA that compliments each other so well. I don't know many lineups that could compete with Green and Davis at the 4 and 5 with very few not being complete mismatches and the handful that could compete still don't come close to that duo. Like I said give us Green and let Golden State play more of Lee and Speights at the 4 and tell me we don't have a big chance of taking this series.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-23-2015 at 04:30 AM.

how much will You pay him?

just askin' (btw I do not like him as a NOP player :P )

I wouldn't pay Green max money, but I would give him a tier under that, or what you would expect to pay a boarder line AS like Jrue, Parsons, DX, or Millsap. Green on this team would be a thing of beauty. He really is a Swiss Army knife, and would be used to defend positions 3-5 here. Besides AD I wouldn't trust any of our defenders to the level I would trust Green. Those two would lock down your 3-5 spots, and then with Jrue and Cole, you would have all 5 positions being defended by 4 guys, allowing your 5th player to be a lessor defender, which you could offset if he is a great scorer.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I know all of this is just for the sake of discussion but Golden State is not letting him leave. They will almost definitely max him out and even if they don't, they can match any offer thrown at him. We saw with the Thompson situation that they value their players very highly and are willing to pay them fair market value. I would absolutely offer Green the max but it's irrelevant because he is part of their core and is probably the biggest reason that GS is so flexible on both sides of the ball.

The problem is, hes the perfect fit in Golden State too.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The problem is, hes the perfect fit in Golden State too.
    Yeah, that's the problem with scarce resources. They are great for everyone, but there aren't enough for everyone.

Davis don't like Green.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I wouldn't pay Green max money, but I would give him a tier under that, or what you would expect to pay a boarder line AS like Jrue, Parsons, DX, or Millsap. Green on this team would be a thing of beauty. He really is a Swiss Army knife, and would be used to defend positions 3-5 here. Besides AD I wouldn't trust any of our defenders to the level I would trust Green. Those two would lock down your 3-5 spots, and then with Jrue and Cole, you would have all 5 positions being defended by 4 guys, allowing your 5th player to be a lessor defender, which you could offset if he is a great scorer.
    He's gonna get a max deal from someone.

I am sure he will, and I am also sure he will live up to that max contract.

Just let Detroit overpay him.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    He's gonna get a max deal from someone.
    The Warriors will pay him. Lee comes off next season and that is their biggest contract. Plus the cap goes up.

Have people looked at their payroll??? They have like the best salary to performance ratio in the league.

Curry is payed less then our guards this season and they have him on the books at 12 mil til 2017. Bogut costs 11 mil til 17. For one of the best defensive centers int he league.

Thompson contract escalates but once that cap goes up that won't look too bad either for a guy that is roughly top 3 at his position.

Green will be in a Warriors uniform next season. I'd bet on it.

Where can I find that ratio, and where do we stand?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Where can I find that ratio, and where do we stand?
    I mean, I'm obviously just guessing but when you have an MVP at 10 mil a year. 2 DPOY candidates, 1 at under 1mil and the other at 12 mil at the hardest position to fill in the league(a contract that decreases every year). Thompson is getting Gordon money but he deserves it and with the cap increase his contract looks pretty damn nice. That is a pretty cheap roster for a championship caliber core.

I can't think of any other team with that good of a cap situation with a championship core.

Spurs

Like I said Draymond Green on this team and the Warriors having to use more of Speights and Lee we win this series. Green and Davis would be terrors together on both offense and defense. These 2 together would provide the toughest front court in the game to match up with to me being like the splash brother with Curry and Thompson but even better and tougher to handle. What front court in the NBA could deal with these 2? I really think Green is exactly what we need this off season for multiple reasons.

I like him but as a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    I like him but as a 3.
    If you watch him and what he is best at it is not the 3. He is mostly guarding teams best front court player and also playing the 4 or 5. He can play the 3 and play it well but if he came here I would definitely want him finishing games next to Davis at the 4 with Davis at the 5. This would present much more of a problem for defenses and offenses to deal with. I would have no problem with him starting games at the 3 but would definitely like to see our finishing group with Green and Davis manning the 4 and 5 spots.

the guy should have won DPOY he'd be a perfect fit in a lot of places
    never assume

One of the worst floppers in the league - two terrible ones in game 3 with zero contact. The only reason he gets away with it, is cause of his teams popularity. If he were a pel, they would call it everytime and he'd receive huge fines and face suspension.

Thread Information