Pelicans Report

Thread: The GS series to sum it up

The GS series to sum it up

We are not a healthy team. it shows at the end of games. When your top guys play ** minutes they are going to get tired no matter what they say.
    When that happens, your brain becomes less acute and you become slack on D, take ill advised shots and have no energy to
    combat the crowd and the other team's energy. We need a backup to AD and a center that is competent offensive and defensive(we don't need a superstar).
    Monty should have more of a feel for the game situation and call timeouts quicker when GS starts their runs not 3mins into their runs. I'm proud of these
    guys, they have shown heart but everyone gets tired...too many minutes for AD.

He'd run out of timeouts if he called a TO every time GS scores 6 straight points.

The difference last night was that we switched on screens, and didn't allow them to have free runs to the basket. The reason why GS is up 2-0 and not tied is because they can shoot THE HELL out of the ball. They made some tough jumpers last night... contested shots that only those 2 (Steph and Klay) could make.

All you can hope for against that team is that you force them into contested shots and hope they miss. They missed in the 1st quarter and you saw what happened.

We're just not gonna win this series if they're hittin shots like they did last night. We may get 1 at home but they shoot too well.

I thought the timeout use was fine. At some point, you have give your team a little more leash and let them try to work through it. Monty got so quick to call timeouts during the San Antonio game that the Spurs announcer joked at one point: "There's 4 straight points for the Spurs. Time for Monty to call a timeout!"

We were within 4 points in the last 5 minutes of two games against the best team at Home since the Jordan Bulls. theres a lot of fight in this team, with experience comes performing better down the stretch & we are so far from 100% healthy

If holiday and evans play (even if they are not at 100%) we can win these next 2 games in NO. I just want to take the Warriors down a peg and make them sweat a bit. Their cockiness is just way to much at this point.

I think more than anything we've learned that we need to be healthy. We could use better rebounding and decision making and I think we're good.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Game 3 is Thursday

Don't be fooled they (Warriors) were worried many times last night especially when the Pels looked like they going to go up by 15 in the first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    If holiday and evans play (even if they are not at 100%) we can win these next 2 games in NO. I just want to take the Warriors down a peg and make them sweat a bit. Their cockiness is just way to much at this point.

Thread Information