Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Needs!

Y'all are overdoing it with the whole continuity and growth thing. While I believe that continuity is key for many teams to improve, that's only if you believe in your core players. This team's core is AD, Jrue, and probably Omer. Tyreke and Eric Gordon? No, definitely not. Not if you want to win a championship anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels23 View Post
    Y'all are overdoing it with the whole continuity and growth thing. While I believe that continuity is key for many teams to improve, that's only if you believe in your core players. This team's core is AD, Jrue, and probably Omer. Tyreke and Eric Gordon? No, definitely not. Not if you want to win a championship anyway.
    I think Gordon could be a great player for this core just not on that contract. Who knows what he cost and how cheap we can get him for a contract making it very valuable if we keep him through this one. Tyreke hasn't had the chance to really get to play with Jrue consistently which takes tremendous pressure off of Tyeke not being the primary ball handler all game but mixing duties while on the court together and taking most control when Jrue and him aren't together. Jrue and Tyreke could maybe turn into one of the best duos together on the court I think complementing each other well if surrounded by the right guys with AD. Playing Jrue and Reke together while staggering to have one on the floor at most times with some Gordon cheaper of course is a very nice set of guards to me. One big part of Tyrekes game playing with Holiday would be to get a lot of plays slashing to the basket being with another guy who can make the pass and plays a for easy baskets instead of creating everything.

I think we either need Draymond Green or Marc Gasol with Batum on the list and of course Durant. My order would be Durant, Green, Gasol, and Batum if were possible this off season $ wise and destination. I just think Greens versatility and finishing games at the 4 and Davis at 5 would give the biggest nightmares for opposing teams offensively and defensively.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-23-2015 at 12:16 AM.

I have a question to MM
    Theoretically - Monta opts out of his Mavs deal for next season which is 8,7 mln
    Possible or not possible, but my question is about your opinion about his fit with NO (he goes to the hole and to FT line)
    What would You prefer for the same money - Reke or Monta. (Reke earns 10,7m)

I am not saying that I do not like somebody, I would like this team to be better.
    Will NO be better with Monta from 2014/2015 season?

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    I have a question to MM
    Theoretically - Monta opts out of his Mavs deal for next season which is 8,7 mln
    Possible or not possible, but my question is about your opinion about his fit with NO (he goes to the hole and to FT line)
    What would You prefer for the same money - Reke or Monta. (Reke earns 10,7m)

I am not saying that I do not like somebody, I would like this team to be better.
    Will NO be better with Monta from 2014/2015 season?
    He would give us some things we need on the offensive end, but his defense is atrocious. Moving forward, we need to improve our wing defense, not get worse IMO
    @mcnamara247

An in form Jrue and Gordon along with MVP davis and we have 50+ wins.. i dont think we need tyreke, would be good to swap him for a sf or some role players that know and fill their role

Quote Originally Posted by Pels23 View Post
    This team's core is AD. I personally don't put too much stock in any of the other so-called core. I'd trade or replace any of them at the drop a dime. This team needs another high level player. In my dream world, the Clippers due to the bad blood between CP3 and BG, choose Blake over CP3 and we can trade Jrue and Gordon or whoever we have to to get CP3 paired up with AD. Then we can build up the role players around those two.

I know this is 99.99% improbable but a brotha can dream can't he
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 04-23-2015 at 08:33 AM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    I just want KD. I'll settle for Marc Gasol, realistically.
    I still thing Lebron opts out and becomes the Peliking. But that's just me.

Every offseason the question and the answer is the same.What we need? To stay healthy.What people don't see is that every season we have the same problem, they can't stay healthy.So we can't expect some players to stay healthy when they can't for whatever the reasons are.

Gordon for Hibbert would be a perfect trade for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    This team's core is AD. I personally don't put too much stock in any of the other so-called core. I'd trade or replace any of them at the drop a dime. This team needs another high level player. In my dream world, the Clippers due to the bad blood between CP3 and BG, choose Blake over CP3 and we can trade Jrue and Gordon or whoever we have to to get CP3 paired up with AD. Then we can build up the role players around those two.

I know this is 99.99% improbable but a brotha can dream can't he
    I'm 100% with you, i would love for that to happen to although it's unlikely.

Thread Information