Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Needs!

Needs!

This series has revealed many things that this team needs, most importantly, a scoring guard that can create his own shot and get to the line regularly. This will take a lot pressure off of AD and make us better team overall.

Gotta get rid of Gordon and maybe Evans first though. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pels23 View Post
    This series has revealed many things that this team needs, most importantly, a scoring guard that can create his own shot and get to the line regularly. This will take a lot pressure off of AD and make us better team overall.

Just curious. Did you watch any of the regular season?

Tyreke is good for this team. AD is the obvious star, and Evans is a good second fiddle. I can't stand two's like Harden who get the super star phantom calls. What we really need is a two way 5, and for AD to develop a post game. He relies too much on his jumper right now. He needs to be a force in the paint. I really hope we keep Ajinca. Could you imagine if AD could develop AA 's inside game? He would be the complete player.

geez, tyreke isn't going to 'do' as a starter.

he cant stop and pop. he cant hit FT's. he can't shoot. he is below the rim and getting worse at finishing as we speak.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

he cant stop and pop. he cant hit FT's. he can't shoot. he is below the rim and getting worse at finishing as we speak.
    Hot take cannon right here, plus some obvious exaggeration.

Actually, he did pop and stop tonight. I remember screaming damnnnnnn. He fooled them into thinking he was injured.

Also. He was pretty close to a double double.

You mean triple double

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What's the story with Terrence Ross and Demar Derozan? I've missed the games and don't follow much news. But all stats say is only Derozan is putting serious mins in. Does Ross still factor into their future?

The Franchise    Contributor   

a similar but slightly different question/direction for this thread - this is the most basketball I have watched not involving us, and I'd imagine some of you are also watching the other games. Who have you seen on other teams that looks interesting? Was it Grayson that tweeted he was bummed that Otto Porter was playing well? He was disappointed that Porter was upping his trade value. anybody seeing guys like Porter that are/were the kind of potentially undervalued player that could be available over the next year?

Hot Off The Bench! BigEasyHornets's Avatar
    The biggest need is health. Jrue's legs, Eric's shoulder, Anthony's finger, Tyreke's knee, Ryno's knee, Asik's lead feet and glass hands. All we need is health and continuity to improve next season with this team as is.
    Last edited by BigEasyHornets; 04-21-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Did you forget about Anderson? I rather keep Evans despite his crazy shot attempts.

Speaking of Asik, now why do we need him on our team? The guy has NO offensive game and as you noted has lead feet. He can't even dunk the ball agressively.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyHornets View Post
    The biggest need is health. Jrue's legs, Eric's shoulder, Anthony's finger, Tyreke's knee, Ryno's knee, Asik's lead feet and glass hands. All we need is health and continuity to improve next season with this team as is.

what they need is a new coach and most of we need a center that can run the floor more then 3 trip at a time

He can't hit Fts? His career average is 75%? Maybe he was just insanely injured last night and still almost posted a triple double. I don't mean this as a shot to you because you're not the only one on this boat, but I often wonder if i watch the same game as everyone else.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Yep, almost every game for the past 9 years. Gordon is trash. Tyreke is a decent player, just not what THIS team needs. We need guards that can get to the basketball and draw fouls as well as get their own shot and take pressure off of AD. They need to be able to shoot, THIS IS THE NBA.

So we get rid of Gordon and Evans and replace with who?
    There is nobody in FA available in 2015/16.
    Can we just be patient and wait for both Anderson and Gordon to be off the books and add to the core then?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He can't hit Fts? His career average is 75%? Maybe he was just insanely injured last night and still almost posted a triple double. I don't mean this as a shot to you because you're not the only one on this boat, but I often wonder if i watch the same game as everyone else.
    and while he didn't shoot at his career % last night, he managed to get to the line a lot more than his average.

I think someone like Louis Williams for the MLE could be available.
    Get's to the line at a good rate.

Didn't louis williams just win the sixth man award? Likely will cost more than mle? Also what about continuity of keeping the same team together with a healthy offseason? Made the playoffs with a banged up team the whole year. Also had around a 10 win increase.

Williams is a chucker we dont need him

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    Didn't louis williams just win the sixth man award? Likely will cost more than mle? Also what about continuity of keeping the same team together with a healthy offseason? Made the playoffs with a banged up team the whole year. Also had around a 10 win increase.
    Yes he did win 6th man.
    He will be 29 so I doubt he gets much more than MLE.
    We need guards who can get to the line.
    We wont get too far with Gordon,Holiday and Evans.

The MLE will be worthless moving forward IMO. It is fixed per the last CBA while the cap is going way up. If a guy takes a multi year MLE deal this year, he will be making about 6-7% of the cap moving forward. That is equivalent to about 3-4 mil right now.

I don't think your can get much with the MLE this summer
    @mcnamara247

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I just want KD. I'll settle for Marc Gasol, realistically.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Need health & continuity.

Chemistry is achieved, not given.

Thread Information