Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Anderson vs Luke Babbit

Ryan Anderson vs Luke Babbit

how does RA keep getting playing time over the #1 3 point shooter in the NBA?
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    how does RA keep getting playing time over the #1 3 point shooter in the NBA?
    Huh?
    I'm a grinder

BabbitsTime.

I wouldn't mind putting Babbitt in the floor to open the floor.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Straight up, wonder what would happen if we put Kaminsky in Anderson's place. Or Dekker.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I remember if people saying we should consider trading Anderson if we thought Babbit gave us 80-85% of the production. Now it seems we get all the streaky bad games from Anderson's past with none of the good ones.

Since his return he is shooting below 30% and is playing just as bad defense as before. Feel free to try and make the case that he is Worth keeping around but I don't see it right now.

I've been saying this for a looong time. I don't understand why , randomly, Monty will just forgets about someone productive on the bench. He is a GREAT shooter and he's certainly not THAT bad on defense. Let's just give it a try. We are an eight seed down 2-0, we have nothing to lose.

"Ryno is awesome. Monty is using him wrong. He's a top 30 player and should be a starter in this league."

Signed Nobody outside of PelsReport

The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    "Ryno is awesome. Monty is using him wrong. He's a top 30 player and should be a starter in this league."

Signed Nobody outside of PelsReport

Nobody inside of Pels Report is saying that either.

He is obviously playing terribly and nobody from what I saw had a problem with Monty not playing him in the second half.

The hops is that an offseason of getting his legs back will return him to form, but literally nobody thinks he is playing well now. Nobody.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Nobody inside of Pels Report is saying that either.

He is obviously playing terribly and nobody from what I saw had a problem with Monty not playing him in the second half.

The hops is that an offseason of getting his legs back will return him to form, but literally nobody thinks he is playing well now. Nobody.
    Mac, you're my man 50 grand and all but you can't deny that you were the leader of the Ryno is top 30 and a starter in this league bandwagon. I've been saying forever that his skill set is easily defended in the playoffs. My statement wasn't directed at you. I was just poking fun at all the Ryno overreactors (I don't think that's a word) because I've been saying that he was overrated since day 1. I know that your big on history being a good indicator for the future so I looked at Ryno's past. He's really only had one breakout year (for his standards). The current Ryno is par for the course IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Mac, you're my man 50 grand and all but you can't deny that you were the leader of the Ryno is top 30 and a starter in this league bandwagon. I've been saying forever that his skill set is easily defended in the playoffs. My statement wasn't directed at you. I was just poking fun at all the Ryno overreactors (I don't think that's a word) because I've been saying that he was overrated since day 1. I know that your big on history being a good indicator for the future so I looked at Ryno's past. He's really only had one breakout year (for his standards). The current Ryno is par for the course IMO.
    And I am also an adult who is not too stubborn to change opinions when situations change and new information presents itself. If you wanna talk about pre-injury Ryan Anderson, I will still argue that guy is a too 30 weapon. But this guy just shares the same name, he is not the same player.

The debate is whether he could be with the right offseason program, and I think he can

And I am also an adult who is not too stubborn to change opinions when situations change and new information presents itself. If you wanna talk about pre-injury Ryan Anderson, I will still argue that guy is a too 30 weapon. But this guy just shares the same name, he is not the same player.

The debate is whether he could be with the right offseason program, and I think he can
    But I'm a prisoner of the moment and have decided that one third of a season by a player coming back from injury trumps the player we've seen over the rest of his career. That means he'll never be good again!
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Ryno is Peja 2.o, only, he currently isn't as effective as the broken down Peja. With luck he will get back to the good old days.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I think health is the issue know for Ryno. Perhaps he rushed back to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    I think health is the issue know for Ryno. Perhaps he rushed back to fast.
    Or, he has been eating way to much Blue Bell ice cream before bed.

Banned
    He is playing the same as he always did...he just isn't hitting his shots. Such is the life of a scorer with no other skills. He isn't even hitting the offensive glass like he did earlier in the year.

Again, the question of whether Ryno can help the Pels out in this series has basically been answered. But I still think there is a solid debate to be had about whether this is the new norm or an aberration. I tend to think he will be far closer to the old Ryno next year, but we will get trade offers based on the new Ryno, so I wouldn't move him this summer based on that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Ryan Anderson vs Luke Babbit

Give Luke 3-5 min on court with Cole, Qpon, Gordon, Davis. I don't think it will hurt to test it for a few minutes. Ryno still needs to be out there he's still rusty. I want 10-12 ppg from him. Our bench is not matching their bench. We need more from Ryno and Ajinca.

Let's not go too far

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Pre-injury we saw a decline in Anderson. Poor shot selection especially his atrocious turnaround jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Pre-injury we saw a decline in Anderson. Poor shot selection especially his atrocious turnaround jumper.
    Are we talking about pre-January 2014? Because that is what I am talking about. I still don't think he has fully recovered from that, but think he can this offseason and be the guy before that injury.

It's been a very rough 2+ yrs for Ryno , The injuries and the type of injury and all the mental aspect of that . I think his personal tragedy may have affected him as much as the injuries . I mean after the personal tragedy he was out for most of the yr . If he was playing he would have been focused on that , but instead he was rehabbing more time to ponder on what happened . I'm really pulling for the guy to recover from everything injuries and personal loss

Again, the question of whether Ryno can help the Pels out in this series has basically been answered. But I still think there is a solid debate to be had about whether this is the new norm or an aberration. I tend to think he will be far closer to the old Ryno next year, but we will get trade offers based on the new Ryno, so I wouldn't move him this summer based on that.
    Mike, I've debated this norm vs. aberration debate with you on twitter and had flipped from ego to coaching, but last night, man, that wasn't coaching. He was just playing AWFUL basketball. I agree he shouldn't be posting up and I partially blame that on Monty, but that wasn't even the major problem last night. He was flat out shooting bricks and playing horrific defense and it had nothing to do with the post ups. Sure, his shot may be rusty but he's been back for quite a while now and that excuse is wearing thin (not saying from you, but just in general). Also, rust has nothing to do with his defense and that has been very poor as well. I really want the guy to help our team, but when night-in-night-out he is helping the other team more than us, I am just losing my patience for the guy. I noticed that Asik really helped our rebounding last night and the comeback when we were down nine in the fourth occurred when he was on the floor. I think he should be getting many more minutes than Ryno, regardless of whether the court is spread or not.

I think we are all pulling for him to recover, both as a shooter and as a person. Some times life deals you a Red Uno card, and a "Get out of Jail Free" card during a Texas hold Um game, and you are left wondering why.

A healthy, and old Ryno would be ideal for this team. He would put us over the edge IMHO. If he could be as good as Troy Murphey, that would be enough for me (during this season), but he isn't there yet. I agree with MM, some team will come to us this offseason (like they did last year), hat in hand asking for us to trade them Ryno for a few lessor assets, but will we take it? It depends on the assets and what direction you want to go with the team. A guy like Ryno isn't found on your elite teams, or at least, they don't count on him as much. SA (Bonner and Diaw), GS (N/A), Hawks (Korver is a 2/3), OKC (N/A), Cle (Love), Por (N/A). So are you building a team to compete with those guys? And if you are, are you putting that amount of resources into a depreciating asset? I would move him if the .50 cents on the dollar that we would get in return are right. If I am dealing in absolutes, I absolutely know that this isn't the Ryno that I am moving forward with. But if we are dealing in "What ifs", then I keep him and see what next year might hold (with the hope it's not this guy). I keep thinking of Ryno as Peja or Bird after the injuries caught up with them. Ryno hasn't had as long an injury history, but then again, everyone comes back differently, and this isn't even where Peja and Bird were post injury. It's just to scary moving forward.

I would like to see Babbit get 3-5 min a game. If for nothing more than to have him use up his fouls, and for nothing less than seeing if he can give us what Ryno isn't. It's worth a shot, and at this point your just rearranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic. We aren't DOA yet, but from that position, we might as well be playing 4 on 5. Not even the "spacing" Ryno is providing is worth keeping him on the court as GS is actually not biting on him.

Thread Information