Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: If you are nostalgic for Austin Rivers ...

He definitely is earning a bit more respect from me tonight.

Impressive performance to say the least.

15 pts just in 3rd QTR. #Impressive

Rivers getting chants by the crowds ... See why people leave us now not only do they become better but they get moral support from the crowds aswell. Not like us who boo our own

Man seriously eff your FO for trading him. Yall could have definitely used him vs the Warriors and he wouldn't have been destroyin us right now instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Rivers getting chants by the crowds ... See why people leave us now not only do they become better but they get moral support from the crowds aswell. Not like us who boo our own
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Man seriously eff your FO for trading him. Yall could have definitely used him vs the Warriors and he wouldn't have been destroyin us right now instead.
    You have to blame Harden for claiming to be a good defender. Austin is killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Fans will cheer if warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    You have to blame Harden for claiming to be a good defender. Austin is killing him.
    Harden never deserved to be in MVP race.

Rivers is straight balling right now.

Okay I'll admit it now

Rivers > Q-Pon

Considering we drafted this kid with a 1st rd pick. If he becomes a starter in this league then yes this FO deserves to be crapped on.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Considering we drafted this kid with a 1st rd pick. If he becomes a starter in this league then yes this FO deserves to be crapped on.
    To be fair, it just means they evaluated him right.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Harden is folding like a cheap lawn chair in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    To be fair, it just means they evaluated him right.
    Lol...true but that's only half of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Do you realize how many starters get traded?

They still need to develop him and get him to be productive on this team, or its a fail completely.

Do you realize how many starters get traded?
    Really? How many starters get traded?? Lol..is this a serious question?? Yea atleast 5-10 per year. Rivers doesn't fall under that category tho. How many guys are drafted top 10 and traded for peanuts before their rookie contract is up?? Much smaller number u think?
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 05-08-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Now the players(Jason Terry) are getting kicked out

Hardens pic needs to be put on a milk carton,

This is exactly what I always said about Rivers. He has potential to be great and it's not that I think he gets that far but he will be a very good NBA basketball player. I wish we would have kept him to develop instead of pulling the plug and going along with what the rest of the NBA does. Some players need time and he is that player. He can atleast be a Danny Green type of role player on a championship team that starts the game or comes off the bench. Once this kid develops a shot and just naturally grows as a player he will be very tough to stop. He plays great defense and can get to the basket at will along with a nice set of handles. He can guard PGs and SGs and at time can run an offense best off playing the 2 with a guy like Jrue limiting the need for him to be the creator but a perfect wingman for it. Once he develops a 3 which I have no doubt he will he would be a perfect player on our team. If he can get that pull up mid range game down and consistent floater then watch out this kid will blow up. Glad he's doing well just wish teams have players more time these days. Anybody blaming Dell if Rivers turns into a good player can just shut up because the fan base pressure on the hate he got I guarantee had something to do with the move. If he would have had the full support of the fans with people believing in him and wanting him here he would still be here.

Nothing we can do now but wish him the best. He is a tough kid, hopefully he keeps up the high level play and continues to earn respect.

Good for him, but I'm still not sold. This could be his Ryan Anderson postseason (with the Magic) coming out series, or this could be his Jerome James coming out party (great series netted him a huge contract, which he turned into a long horrible career. But good on him none the less. Now pardon me as I go watch Regarding Henry.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 05-09-2015 at 12:58 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Everyone kills Harden.

Thread Information