Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: If you are nostalgic for Austin Rivers ...

If you are nostalgic for Austin Rivers ...

If you haven't seen this yet (from r/nba)

http://streamable.com/vy4u

Austin will have to decide whether to play in D-league or Overseas next year. ...IMO

Lol at Blake calling for the ball like 3 times
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Austin will have to decide whether to play in D-league or Overseas next year. ...IMO
    I'd be surprised if his Dad let's that happen. Mistake to work with family, especially here. Could get messy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    lmao c'mon youngin'....

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

just saw him hit a corner 3 tho. lac up by 5.

Should of kept him.
    We could have used him against GSW.

He just went off for 17 pts. He's better than half the Pelicans roster.

So stupid to give up on a lottery pick so quick. These kind of idiotic decisions by the NOP front office will be why Davis will leave New Orleans just like CP3 did.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post

So stupid to give up on a lottery pick so quick. These kind of idiotic decisions by the NOP front office will be why Davis will leave New Orleans just like CP3 did.
    Your team choked away and easy game facing a team with no CP and you come over here to troll.

To tell the truth I'm impressed you were able to write all of that through all your tears, your post should came with a high blood pressure warning with all that salt.

He has one good game in every 20.

We need to stop being so shortsighted on this board. Every time someone has a good stretch, we jump to conclusions. Aminu has a few good games and we screwed up. Babbitt has a good shooting game and he should replace Ryno. Rivers fits in better with another team's system and we failed him. Watch more basketball, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Should of kept him.
    We could have used him against GSW.
    I was being sarcastic by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Your team choked away and easy game facing a team with no CP and you come over here to troll.

To tell the truth I'm impressed you were able to write all of that through all your tears, your post should came with a high blood pressure warning with all that salt.
    I am bitter, no doubt about it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He has one good game in every 20.
    Hopefully he's garbage rest of the series.

I am bitter, no doubt about it lol.

Hopefully he's garbage rest of the series.
    LOL all good man, I hope the Rockets can pull this series out. I can't stand the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    LOL all good man, I hope the Rockets can pull this series out. I can't stand the Clippers.
    I don't like our chances anymore. If we can't beat them without their best player, I could imagine the damage they do to us with him.

Would be nice if Harden showed up but as usual, its the Clippers so he's won't.

I will gladly take QPon over Rivers 9 days a week.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The only reason I was ok with getting rid of Rivers was because we got Pomdexter who I believed could make a big difference on this team and he did. I know Rivers wasn't great here and showed flashes but I wish we would have kept him. In today's NBA nobody allows for development of players and it's almost if they don't become a star in the first few years people give up on them. Rivers mite not ever reach what I think his potential is but that doesn't mean his ceiling isn't high. So many players like Danny Green as a great example with hard work can turn into a very good role player in which I thought Rivers could do. Not every player on your team needs to be a star and Rivers could have been a perfect guy off the bench or even a starter at the 2 spot for his defense and attacking the rim along with developing a shot over time. I think his odds are very good of developing a good shot and becoming a very valuable player. Him developing a good mid range pull up and a better 3 point shot is all that is holding him back from being a very good player and the way he works I have no doubt he will. I'm not old but I'm old school in believing players need the chance to develop and have the time to work on their flaws. I can name a huge list of players that had the ability to use their hard work to become a better player. How good do people think Lillard would have been coming out as a freshman? If Rivers stayed until his senior year at Duke he would have come out as a way better player and probably still be on this team. Wish he was still here but Pondexter made the trade a lot easier on me but I will still root for the kid like I do most players that leave here.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-05-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Rivers will never be a guy a team can count on (on a consistent basis). The guy had every opportunity to prove himself here and never played any better than a D+. If he wasn't up for the task of being a contributor on our team he should have stayed at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The only reason I was ok with getting rid of Rivers was because we got Pomdexter who I believed could make a big difference on this team and he did. I know Rivers wasn't great here and showed flashes but I wish we would have kept him. In today's NBA nobody allows for development of players and it's almost if they don't become a star in the first few years people give up on them. Rivers mite not ever reach what I think his potential is but that doesn't mean his ceiling isn't high. So many players like Danny Green as a great example with hard work can turn into a very good role player in which I thought Rivers could do. Not every player on your team needs to be a star and Rivers could have been a perfect guy off the bench or even a starter at the 2 spot for his defense and attacking the rim along with developing a shot over time. I think his odds are very good of developing a good shot and becoming a very valuable player. Him developing a good mid range pull up and a better 3 point shot is all that is holding him back from being a very good player and the way he works I have no doubt he will. I'm not old but I'm old school in believing players need the chance to develop and have the time to work on their flaws. I can name a huge list of players that had the ability to use their hard work to become a better player. How good do people think Lillard would have been coming out as a freshman? If Rivers stayed until his senior year at Duke he would have come out as a way better player and probably still be on this team. Wish he was still here but Pondexter made the trade a lot easier on me but I will still root for the kid like I do most players that leave here.
    He's a FA next season......part of the MLE with Cunningham?

He will never return to NO. never.
    He was traded for reserve SF with bad 3pt %.

Only way that it did not hurt him more is connected with reunion with his dad...

As to Rivers - he had so many chances and he has failed

As to our Rockets friend.
    In the last 5 years Rockets spend 1st rd LOTTERY picks on: LAMB (OK, HE WAS IN THE HARDEN'S SET), MARCUS MORRIS, PATTERSON.
    And for the picks 16-23 - White and Mirotic.
    Why Your FO didn't wait for their developement?

Rivers had so many chances to play, sometimes he was decent. Mostly not. But thanks to QPon we have made to the PO

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    He will never return to NO. never.
    He was traded for reserve SF with bad 3pt %.

Only way that it did not hurt him more is connected with reunion with his dad...

As to Rivers - he had so many chances and he has failed

As to our Rockets friend.
    In the last 5 years Rockets spend 1st rd LOTTERY picks on: LAMB (OK, HE WAS IN THE HARDEN'S SET), MARCUS MORRIS, PATTERSON.
    And for the picks 16-23 - White and Mirotic.
    Why Your FO didn't wait for their developement?

Rivers had so many chances to play, sometimes he was decent. Mostly not. But thanks to QPon we have made to the PO
    Nice pwnage

To be reliable- Mirotic was traded in the draft day f.e. for Motiejunas. So this is probably not as big downgrade... But I will take Mirotic all the time...

Thread Information