Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: If you are nostalgic for Austin Rivers ...

Q-pon didn't play well in the playoffs, but his regular season was incredible. I also believe when he made the playoffs with memphis he was very good.

I won't hold 4 games in the post-season against him.

Actually he only 3 bad games in the play-offs, he had an excellent Game 1 in which he had 20 pts, 9rbs, 6 asts, 2stls, and 0 turnovers. He also shot 50% from the field that game. He, as well as ADs amazing 4th quarter, was the reason that game was a 7 point game
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Get out of here with that. I rooted for Austin every minute he was on the court with us and defended him on several occasions. His play, not my opinion, made it nearly impossible to defend him anymore.

I wish him well but I am not going sugar coat anything because some are still sensitive in his regard.
    We aren't talking about his play when he was here. I never said he was great here once just wished we have him more time to develop as I think a lot of other players deserve also but the NBA has changed so much with players having to be great immediately or every fan goes into panic mode and near forces the team to dump players. You said he played bad the other night when that is just simply false. Please tell me how he played bad? Like I said shot 4-6 from 3 while shooting a very good % from the field along with 4 steals 3 assists and 3 turnovers which is pretty damn good having to step in for CP3 last minute in a huge playoff game. Like I said the other night had nothing to do with his play here and if you defended him here then I don't know how the hell you say he played bad I'm his playoff start just makes no sense. If you can tell me what he did so bad besides 3 TOs which he definitely made up for then I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Actually he only 3 bad games in the play-offs, he had an excellent Game 1 in which he had 20 pts, 9rbs, 6 asts, 2stls, and 0 turnovers. He also shot 50% from the field that game. He, as well as ADs amazing 4th quarter, was the reason that game was a 7 point game
    good stuff.

1 good game out of 4 doesn't get it done in the playoffs bro.

Quote Originally Posted by GSW Heat Check View Post
    1 good game out of 4 doesn't get it done in the playoffs bro.
    I actually said this after Ryno went off in game 3 and people were talking about, "he's back!!! (Cut to undertaker music)" one good game does not a series (or a season) make.

Me personally, I am glad to be done with Rivers. He wasn't that great an asset before, and if he gets anything over the vet minimum on his next contract (well, vet minimum on a prove it contract), it will be a penny more than he deserves. The kid is hot garbage.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Let's go Austin! Love this kid.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Rivers has 10pts 1ast. late in 4th

Good stuff Rivers!

Yeh Norris is better than rivers now , but come 3 years from now we will regret this .

Dell Demps may regret this

LOL Rivers loses the ball again.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Aside from this play where he clearly just loses his balance, Austin was more than solid tonight

Its messed up how you guys makes fun of a guy who is clearly trying to become better. I can never knock a man when he is down. That's some bully petty **** to me.

What makes it even harder is the criticism Rivers is about to get or gets when he had the same experience as AD in the playoffs, yet people expect him to be more. This is still a kid. If we will play fair, let's give him the same card we give AD. Some of you guys can be hypocritical.

Rivers has cost his team a potential 4-6 points in thus thread alone.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Griffin's reaction is pure gold

Banned
    He has produced more than Q Pon in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    What makes it even harder is the criticism Rivers is about to get or gets when he had the same experience as AD in the playoffs, yet people expect him to be more. This is still a kid. If we will play fair, let's give him the same card we give AD. Some of you guys can be hypocritical.
    Oh c'mon even the clippers fan boards were knocking Austin. Even look at Blake's reaction as "the future" pointed out. Austin has his good and bad moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    He has produced more than Q Pon in the playoffs.
    Oh really? Maybe you missed him(Q-Pon)when he was at Memphis last couple of seasons. Here is a hint 2012-2013 Memphis went to conference finals. Q-Pon played a role on that team as well as the following seasons with Memphis.
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-07-2015 at 08:58 AM.

QPon in the playoffs this season, or over their respective careers? In any case, give me QPon. QPon might not be the master of one skill, but he can atleast dribble and maintain his balance.

Banned
    I don't care about qPON on any other team.

I am glad that he can stand on a basketball court...yes.

What tough spot to be in when you're the coach's son. I mean honestly it was a mistake to trade for him because everyone
    on the team will always think (rightfully so) there is favoritism.

Rivers exploding!

Thread Information