Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: If you are nostalgic for Austin Rivers ...

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I will gladly take QPon over Rivers 9 days a week.
    This should pretty much be the automatic answer to every Rivers thread

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I hope this whole deal comes back to bite Doc.

In other news, Chris Paul may FINALLY GET OUT OF THE 2ND ROUND.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    I don't like our chances anymore. If we can't beat them without their best player, I could imagine the damage they do to us with him.

Would be nice if Harden showed up but as usual, its the Clippers so he's won't.
    LOL

Austin Rivers is one of my favorite players in the NBA. I will always support him.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Even with the 17 pts, Rivers was still bad. The only shots he managed to hit were wide open 3 pointers. He was still trying that same terrible mid-range floater and had some bad turnovers. His defense was nothing to write home about either.

I don't root against him but he still has a long way to go and I don't miss him at all on this team. It had gotten to a point that he was just unbearable to watch.

Rivers held his own compared to his usual self. Thats twice now in the playoffs.

But he did that on occasion here as well. Its his consistency mixed with his weaknesses that make him a likely bench guy for the rest of his career.

If I am asked right now whether I take Cole or Rivers, it is no contest. Cole every day, all day.

I don't know how you guys sleep/hate on Austin so much.

He would have been huge for you all in a series against GS. IMO he should have been getting 25 minutes a game with NO. When you watch him play he may still make some mistakes.. but his box score is much louder then you think...I.E 15/3/4/3 which is great production out of a 7 man.

Big mistake letting him go for an overrated QPON

Quote Originally Posted by GSW Heat Check View Post

He would have been huge for you all in a series against GS. IMO he should have been getting 25 minutes a game with NO. When you watch him play he may still make some mistakes.. but his box score is much louder then you think...I.E 15/3/4/3 which is great production out of a 7 man.

Nice troll.

Qpon was trash in the Playoffs but he was a revelation in the regular season.

Banned
    Some guys won't ever fit in with Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Qpon was trash in the Playoffs but he was a revelation in the regular season.
    I guess he was big considering I don't even know who your SF was before that.... very unimpressive in the playoffs though.

I'm guessing you've never watched a Pelicans' game except against Golden State. You are starting to sound clueless about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    I'm guessing you've never watched a Pelicans' game except against Golden State. You are starting to sound clueless about basketball.
    Not too easy to watch a Pelicans game considering you get maybe two NBA TV games as your only primetime showings. Guessing you don't know too much about the Sixers roster after their trades either.

I DO bet you know quite a lot about GS though...you probably got to watch them 15+ times this year if you are a true NBA fan... or atleast 4 times if not

Not too easy to watch a Pelicans game considering you get maybe two NBA TV games as your only primetime showings. Guessing you don't know too much about the Sixers roster after their trades either.

I DO bet you know quite a lot about GS though...you probably got to watch them 15+ times this year if you are a true NBA fan... or atleast 4 times if not
    You do have a point there and I think it is a good reason why a lot of talking heads in the national media often sound silly talking about us. Not always, but more often then not. Same goes for fans of other teams that pop up on occasion during games to talk.

Hopefully a playoff berth and Davis's emergence changes that next year.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Can we end this already? Damn dude your team is 67-15 and undefeated in the playoffs enjoy this lightning in bottle season and stop trollin. Your team has been good for two hrs. Stop worrying about us. We good.

Your mighty comfortable for a fan whose teams greatest accomplishment is a 4-0 sweep of a 45 win team. As quick as it came, it could be gone. Hope you are actually enjoying it...

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I get it though

12 mill for AI.
    A Max deal for Green
    Bogut is never going to give you a full 82
    Klay is good, but 6 months ago ppl were questioning if he was 71 million good.
    And we all know why Steph Curry is on the deal he is on.

Yeah, i'd be nervous too, about the sustainability of it all.

Makes sense why you care so much about the 22 year old sure thing. You'd much rather have that than the lightning-in-a-bottle, will it or wont it be this rosy in 18 months program back in the Bay Area. You can stay around, but ease up. Take your shoes off and use coasters. ;-)

Maybe the bigger question is who we should have drafted instead of Austin? 2012 draft after Austin got picked,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NBA_draft

1 11 Meyers Leonard C United States Portland Trail Blazers Illinois (So.)
    1 12 Jeremy Lamb SG United States Houston Rockets (from Milwaukee)[c] Connecticut (So.)
    1 13 Kendall Marshall PG United States Phoenix Suns North Carolina (So.)
    1 14 John Henson PF United States Milwaukee Bucks (from Houston)[c] North Carolina (Jr.)
    1 15 Maurice Harkless SF Puerto Rico[n 2] Philadelphia 76ers St. John's (Fr.)
    1 16 Royce White PF United States Houston Rockets (from New York)[d] Iowa St. (So.)
    1 17 Tyler Zeller C United States Dallas Mavericks (traded to Cleveland)[A] North Carolina (Sr.)
    1 18 Terrence Jones PF United States Houston Rockets (from Utah via Minnesota)[e] Kentucky (So.)
    1 19 Andrew Nicholson PF Canada Orlando Magic St. Bonaventure (Sr.)
    1 20 Evan Fournier SG France Denver Nuggets Poitiers (France)
    1 21 Jared Sullinger PF United States Boston Celtics Ohio St. (So.)
    1 22 Fab Melo C Brazil Boston Celtics (from L.A. Clippers via Oklahoma City)[f] Syracuse (So.)
    1 23 John Jenkins SG United States Atlanta Hawks Vanderbilt (Jr.)
    1 24 Jared Cunningham SG United States Cleveland Cavaliers (from L.A. Lakers,[g] traded to Dallas)[A] Oregon St. (Jr.)
    1 25 Tony Wroten PG United States Memphis Grizzlies Washington (Fr.)
    1 26 Miles Plumlee C United States Indiana Pacers Duke (Sr.)
    1 27 Arnett Moultrie PF United States Miami Heat (traded to Philadelphia)[B] Mississippi St. (Jr.)
    1 28 Perry Jones III SF United States Oklahoma City Thunder Baylor (So.)
    1 29 Marquis Teague PG United States Chicago Bulls Kentucky (Fr.)
    1 30 Festus Ezeli C Nigeria Golden State Warriors (from San Antonio)[h] Vanderbilt (Sr.)
    2 31 Jeffery Taylor SF Sweden Charlotte Bobcats Vanderbilt (Sr.)
    Last edited by 4Real; 05-05-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Only players that have made an impact are the PF's. I would love to have Terrence Jones or Sully on my team.

No matter what your personal point of view on it is here are the facts:
    When we traded Austin Boston tried and couldn't find a team to dump him to. Austin was almost out of the league before his dad came to his rescue. Even if he becomes the greatest player of all time every team could have had him and chose not to, meaning the Warriors, the Rockets, and the Pelicans are all equally as dumb for not grabbing/keeping him.

Or is it possible that he was nearly out of the league because he just never showed anything worth keeping him in the league for? He'll be a FA and we'll see just how much the league values him now that he has had two decent games in the playoffs vs 3 years of poor play. I like the guy and I hope he does do well. I hope he proves the Pelicans wrong for letting him go, but there can't be any blame put on the Pels for letting him go when clearly his value was so low in the league that he was not considered desirable except for the one team who his dad runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Only players that have made an impact are the PF's. I would love to have Terrence Jones or Sully on my team.
    Henson would of been nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Henson would of been nice as well.
    Yeah Henson would probably be my third choice. Used to be a fan of Meyers, but he has been pretty disappointing until very recent.

If only Drummond falls..your pells have the best front court in the NBA.

Thanks for proving my point. And why would I watch 15 of their games when I have 82 of ours to watch?

Yeah Henson would probably be my third choice. Used to be a fan of Meyers, but he has been pretty disappointing until very recent.

If only Drummond falls..your pells have the best front court in the NBA.
    Yeah, I really wanted to try and trade up to get him because it was the high risk/high reward player I was willing to chance with Davis being the sure bet. And because it was pretty clear we were taking rivers if certain guys didn't fall and I wanted no part of it.

Banned
    Qpon did choke in the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Even with the 17 pts, Rivers was still bad. The only shots he managed to hit were wide open 3 pointers. He was still trying that same terrible mid-range floater and had some bad turnovers. His defense was nothing to write home about either.

I don't root against him but he still has a long way to go and I don't miss him at all on this team. It had gotten to a point that he was just unbearable to watch.
    Don't care if he was open on his 3 pointers or not 4-6 is damn good. Had 3 turnovers which is not bad at all considering he was running the point. Shot near 50% from the field which is big man territory. Had 4 steals so I think he made up for his turnovers. To say he was bad is just completely false and obviously shows you are bias and will never give him credit. I don't miss him either but I would have liked to give him more time to develop but getting QPon made the trade a lot more acceptable to me instead of just dumping him for nothing like a lot of people thought and were hoping for just made no sense. I'm not saying he is going to be great but to me just improving a little each year he would be a very valuable combo guard off the bench playing D while being able to get to the basket very well and knocking down 3s at a good % with improvement. I was a fan of Rivers as I am of almost all the Pelicans besides a couple bad apples we will have like every team. I'm just a big believer in letting players develop before giving up on them especially someone with his talent and age wether he gets better or not he should be given more time like I would want anyone in that situation. Players like Davis completely spoil us regarding that process and God forbid how this forum would have blown up if he wasn't this good yet still going through growing pains we would have some band wagons really showing their colors.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-05-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Don't care if he was open on his 3 pointers or not 4-6 is damn good. Had 3 turnovers which is not bad at all considering he was running the point. Shot near 50% from the field which is big man territory. Had 4 steals so I think he made up for his turnovers. To say he was bad is just completely false and obviously shows you are bias and will never give him credit. I don't miss him either but I would have liked to give him more time to develop but getting QPon made the trade a lot more acceptable to me instead of just dumping him for nothing like a lot of people thought and were hoping for just made no sense. I'm not saying he is going to be great but to me just improving a little each year he would be a very valuable combo guard off the bench playing D while being able to get to the basket very well and knocking down 3s at a good % with improvement. I was a fan of Rivers as I am of almost all the Pelicans besides a couple bad apples we will have like every team. I'm just a big believer in letting players develop before giving up on them especially someone with his talent and age wether he gets better or not he should be given more time like I would want anyone in that situation. Players like Davis completely spoil us regarding that process and God forbid how this forum would have blown up if he wasn't this good yet still going through growing pains we would have some band wagons really showing their colors.
    Get out of here with that. I rooted for Austin every minute he was on the court with us and defended him on several occasions. His play, not my opinion, made it nearly impossible to defend him anymore.

I wish him well but I am not going sugar coat anything because some are still sensitive in his regard.

Thread Information