Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Monty suggests crowd noise in Warriors' arena is illegal..

Monty suggests crowd noise in Warriors' arena is illegal..

He really just set us up to be the butt of many jokes.

Thanks, Monty.

Unbelievable that he would say this to a reporter. Does he have common sense?

Did you guys read the entire article? Especially the part where he says: "The music before the game, they're playing old-school music and it's right above your locker room and you're like, 'These people are crazy, man. This is pretty cool,'" Williams said. "I'm sure it has an effect, but after a few minutes, it's just basketball." Dude isn't saying its debilitating or that they shouldn't be so loud. It reads to me more like an indirect compliment more than "OMG we cannot handle this and the league needs to do something!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce06 View Post
    Did you guys read the entire article? Especially the part where he says: "The music before the game, they're playing old-school music and it's right above your locker room and you're like, 'These people are crazy, man. This is pretty cool,'" Williams said. "I'm sure it has an effect, but after a few minutes, it's just basketball." Dude isn't saying its debilitating or that they shouldn't be so loud. It reads to me more like an indirect compliment more than "OMG we cannot handle this and the league needs to do something!!"
    Of course not. Just another reason to hate on the dude. Facts be-damm'd.

"I'm not so sure the decibel level is legal, and I'm serious," Williams said. "They've done studies on that. For the competition committee, there's got to be something to that. It does get a little out of hand. Their fans, I've talked about it for years, they have some of the best fans in the league."
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 04-20-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Well, I think he was probably playing around, but he should have known ESPN and BR would take this and run with it.

Didn't the Atlanta Falcons get in trouble for this ? It is worth the NBA to take a look in the G.S. Arena to see about mystery speakers that are appearing before game time.
    Last edited by 4Real; 04-20-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Hot Off The Bench! BigEasyHornets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Didn't the Atlanta Falcons get in trouble for this ? It is worth the NBA to take a look in the G.S. Arena to see about mystery speakers that are appearing before game time.
    You can play music during the games in the NBA. Atlanta got caught pumping artificial crowd noise.

When I read this I was 100% confident Monty was fooling around.. Guess not everyone feels the same way. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2740 View Post
    When I read this I was 100% confident Monty was fooling around.. Guess not everyone feels the same way. Yeesh.
    My thought exactly. Its pathetic what the media has become over the past 15 years or so. Rather than actually reporting NEWS or doing any kind of true factual journalism, everything revolves around sound bites and how many 'site clicks' you can generate. Very few put real effort into being a reporter anymore. Most 10 year olds could do what they do. They should be ashamed to collect a paycheck.

Of course there fans have run with this as bulletin board material, even though it was meant as a compliment. Very oddly worded, and now has people worked up because of provocative headlines.

Here is the D.S. article. The comments are worth a look

http://deadspin.com/monty-williams-h...ome-1699029159

Yeah because they were gonna sit on their hands tonight, but now that Monty said something they are REALLY gonna be loud! Come on now it's basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by itsADstime View Post
    Yeah because they were gonna sit on their hands tonight, but now that Monty said something they are REALLY gonna be loud! Come on now it's basketball.
    THANK YOU!!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    THANK YOU!!
    Well,

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/3952520.phtml

Still not a sell out

Last edited by 4Real; 04-20-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Still not a sell out

For a team with a 40-2 home court record, 19 straight wins, and the best record in the NBA. Pathetic.

To be clear, I wasn't making any judgment. Just saw it today, figured it was relevant. Don't shoot the messenger.

Not a very smart thing for Monty to say before a crucial playoff game.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

I mean, that's the whole point of home court advantage. I just think he worded it the wrong way.

Either way its not going to help!!! Arena is going to be soooo loud.

I think Bogut matters more than this.

For those wondering about their ticket sales, a sellout generally not when every ticket is sold. In general a threshold is established so that once you get to this ticket level, there are only isolated singles left.

This is likely the case with GSW here.

Also, there are some tickets set aside for use by the team in giveaways. If they have a few leftover, etc, they release them for sale. There is no need to jump in the fanbase as pathetic without more info. In fact, they are one of the top fanbases according to those who visit multiple arenas. Very dedicated. If anyone deserves a title, it is them.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    For those wondering about their ticket sales, a sellout generally not when every ticket is sold. In general a threshold is established so that once you get to this ticket level, there are only isolated singles left.

Also, there are some tickets set aside for use by the team in giveaways. If they have a few leftover, etc, they release them for sale. There is no need to jump in the fanbase as pathetic without more info. In fact, they are one of the top fanbases according to those who visit multiple arenas. Very dedicated. If anyone deserves a title, it is them.
    What does that say about our attendance/fans then? They are better than us? At least you agree now what I said last month about empty patches of seats in lower and upper bowls of SKC during month of March.
    Last edited by 4Real; 04-20-2015 at 08:48 PM.

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

I was just at Oracle a few weeks ago when we played GS... I gotta say, I was very impressed with the fans and their interaction throughout the game. You could sense the arena about to explode at multiple times with a made Curry 3 or a Draymond defensive play. I've been to numerous arenas over the past few years and Oracle was one of the best experiences in regards to seeing an opposing crowd. The arena is horrible but the fans are very educated and engaged. Can't take anything away from them.

And here's to the Pels showing off our home crowd to the national TV audience with a solid showing in Games 3 and 4.

Thread Information