Pelicans Report

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Game 2 Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Why are you talking about a guy who played 9 minutes and didn't have a significant impact on the outcome of the game?
    Your right. I should talk about Jimmer. They both had just as big a hand in this game.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Why are you talking about a guy who played 9 minutes and didn't have a significant impact on the outcome of the game?
    Dude stop, the fact that Ryno was so bad that he even couldn't get into the game in the second half had a significant outcome on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Monty screwed up in the 4th. Stuck with Cunningham and Cole too long and the offense suffered because of it. Even if Ryno isn't making his shot, his presence on the floor still opens up the lane for Davis and Evans. Same with Pondexter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yep. Agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Dude stop, the fact that Ryno was so bad that he even couldn't get into the game in the second half had a significant outcome on the game.
    He had as much impact as Jimmer and Withey in the second half. Emotional support from the sidelines.

People bash Dell about singing Gordon to that contract and some is fair. Dell could not have predicted the injuries and no one could have but the player he signed at the time was worth the $ he was paid if healthy. Gordon would be a perennial top 5 SG with a little health on his side. I understand people saying he wasn't the right fit but in that case we sign him and use him as a trade chip. We weren't fortunate enough to see either of them with him playing or being used in another deal for a team in desperate need of a shooting guard. At the time I don't see how Dell had any choice but to bring back Gordon with ownership at the time and would have looked like a fool for getting Aminu and Rivers out of the deal for CP3.

I just think if Gordon even has half the luck he had we would have been seeing this player all along. I'm not over reacting over 1 game but you could see this entire season with his 3pt% and the rest of his game looking very good. No telling how good he could have been minus getting injured and continuous set backs. In today's market at that age and no injuries he is getting paid a lot of $. No telling what Dell could have swung him for and just maybe his play this season and playoffs makes him somewhat valuable to someone else. If he plays out his contract here I wouldn't mind signing him at the right price haha.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    He had as much impact as Jimmer and Withey in the second half. Emotional support from the sidelines.
    Totally on him. Take the open shot or even the contested shot. Dont put the ball on floor and then jack up bull****. Its pretty simple.

Don't understand why Ryno wasn't used at all in the 2nd half. Asik played well but makes us have to work so hard for every bucket. He kills spacing for Davis. Cunningham helps a little but just wish he was more of a threat from the 3. Anderson would have been a better fit on the court for most of the 2nd half with Davis.

If Ryno played any semblance of defense then he would have been on the floor. It's just not about spacing on offense...Ryno is horrendous on defense. It doesn't matter who he is guarding. He is flat out awful. The worst NBA defender I have ever seen... He doesn't understand the help defense concept at all. He is rarely able to guard his man one on one. He doesn't defensive rebound. Any benefits you get from Ryno spacing on offense you are going to lose 10Xs more with his poor shot selection and defense.

So in other words his bad greatly outweighs his good. I'm a huge Ryno supporter, but he just hasn't been the same since Wallace ran into him.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Don't understand why Ryno wasn't used at all in the 2nd half. Asik played well but makes us have to work so hard for every bucket. He kills spacing for Davis. Cunningham helps a little but just wish he was more of a threat from the 3. Anderson would have been a better fit on the court for most of the 2nd half with Davis.
    Because he is hot garbage on defense. Simple as that.

You can't ask the team to play tough defense and then give a pass to one guy because he can get hot with three's.

Hey Team, i expect everyone to show up to meetings not one minute late. Except you Bob, you make our lives easier once in awhile.

The spacing he provides isn't the worth the points he gives up on defense and the fast breaks he sparks with his bad shot selection.

Its so easy to say that, but we won the 3rd with his *** tied to the bench. Monty just needs to understand that he doesnt have the horses to let guys just play through mistakes. In crunch time, youve got 4 possesions max to get right. If your team is not doing what you need after 4 possesions (2 offensive/ 2 defensive) call a damn timeout and get the team into something. Maybe you can take flier on Ryno in that situation because his rep proceeds him, but Monty just doesnt think like that.
    Last edited by DefensiveMind; 04-21-2015 at 12:45 AM.

Monty didn't manage the 4th quarter that well with his timeouts. AD and Reke were gassed. I had no problems with letting them play the whole 4th, but he should have burned through all of his timeouts in the 4th. You can't take them with you. We had it down to 1 point late in the 4th quarter after the EG three. From that point on he could have managed the game better.

Warriors vs Pelicans Game 2 Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Monty didn't manage the 4th quarter that well with his timeouts. AD and Reke were gassed. I had no problems with letting them play the whole 4th, but he should have burned through all of his timeouts in the 4th. You can't take them with you. We had it down to 1 point late in the 4th quarter after the EG three. From that point on he could have managed the game better.
    This.

I understand why he would want to hold on to them but it was one of those situations where at the least his assistant coaches let him down in monitoring Davis' movement. He was gassed with three minutes left, yet getting fed the ball.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 04-21-2015 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Its easy to say that with hindsight, manageable game with less than 6 min left as you coach youd think you need those tos down the stretch imo

Warriors vs Pelicans Game 2 Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    Its easy to say that with hindsight, manageable game with less than 6 min left as you coach youd think you need those tos down the stretch imo
    What good are timeouts if you're down by 8 with a minute left?

We had 3 with four minutes left. Davis was double dribbling he was so tired.

I was yelling at the TV for Monty to call a timeout a few possesions after that big Gordon three. Its unfair the kind of pressure he put on AD tonight. They needed something drawn up, he let them down.

Not to mention you can draw up multiple plays in a TO. He couldve gotten plenty of mileage out of a TO, had he chosed to use them.

Man I may have to find some tickets to the game and buy a Cavs Jersey to wear and yell at Ryno the whole game. That should work right guys.

Because we were down 6 with 2 min to go with a chance to cut it to 3 if Gordon could of made that 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Because we were down 6 with 2 min to go with a chance to cut it to 3 if Gordon could of made that 3.
    Gordon did his job. I'd even say above his job. Can't blame this game a single iota on Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Gordon did his job. I'd even say above his job. Can't blame this game a single iota on Gordon.
    I'm not blaming Gordon at all, he played amazing like the guy we all expect him to be. I was just showing how close we were at the end.

We witnessed a much better effort than game 1 from everybody . Last minutes were a total disaster due to fatigue and maybe excitement of the game , but I liked how we played .

My only concern is warriors easy drives to the rim . Our smaller guys have to match up their opponents speed . And our paint players have to at least contest their shots ...

I'm overall satisfied with our performance this series . This didn't turn out to a scrimmage like gsw said . This series is enjoyed nationwide . Reggie miller talked very high of us regardless the outcome of series...

Can we find someone like Klay Thompson? I'd swear sometimes he doesn't even look when he shoots, and he still hits nothing but net.

Banned
    Reke should not have played 40 minutes.

So weird that there is so much negativity and so much "We should have done X". They hit tough shots. They are a REALLY good team. They have an amazing home presence. They played well. And yet, we were right there at the end of both games. I thought I'd be coming here to people throwing praise at everyone on our team for competing and executing so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information