Pelicans Report

Thread: Asik vs Ajinca

Playoffs Asik vs Ajinca

I actually like JVG's opinion of starting AS and Ryno at the 4 and 5 next game. Davis on Green and Ryno on Bogut. With that, what about bringing in AA in as the first big? With how awful Asik was, I think it might work.

Asik was lazy in the post, lazy with help, and lazy on the boards. The first play that comes to mind on how bad he truly was, was when Bogut got the ball down low on the block, Asik sagged off, Bogut faced up, and took it on for the easiest layup of his life. No attempt to body him up. There is absolutely no excuse for that. None. Asik needs to be better. If he posts no offensive threat or defensive threat, why should he even be on the floor? Plus, how many times have we seen him not leave the hardwood when "attempting" to block a shot?

Three minutes for AA isn't enough. His offensive game is really good, as we know. He can post up, shoot the midrange J, and he has amazing hands. Personally, I think it would be choice to have a big rotation of AD, Ryno, and AA for game 2

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    I actually like JVG's opinion of starting AS and Ryno at the 4 and 5 next game. Davis on Green and Ryno on Bogut. With that, what about bringing in AA in as the first big? With how awful Asik was, I think it might work.

Asik was lazy in the post, lazy with help, and lazy on the boards. The first play that comes to mind on how bad he truly was, was when Bogut got the ball down low on the block, Asik sagged off, Bogut faced up, and took it on for the easiest layup of his life. No attempt to body him up. There is absolutely no excuse for that. None. Asik needs to be better. If he posts no offensive threat or defensive threat, why should he even be on the floor? Plus, how many times have we seen him not leave the hardwood when "attempting" to block a shot?

Three minutes for AA isn't enough. His offensive game is really good, as we know. He can post up, shoot the midrange J, and he has amazing hands. Personally, I think it would be choice to have a big rotation of AD, Ryno, and AA for game 2
    was just about to post the same thing, Ajinca should get more minutes on the floor with AD.

This game really exposed the problems we will have with Asik. I think it's more on offense. It's almost like why guard him ? 50% of the time if the ball is thrown to him he will mishandle it and turn it over , get his shot blocked , not make an easy shot or get fouled where he is a poor FT shooter . I mean truly why pay any attention to him on offense ? That leaves his man to pretty much half way double team someone else

Cunningham played the 5 for Villanova. He isn't at Villanova now, but he can play against Green.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information