Pelicans Report

Thread: I'm a Peliever

I'm a Peliever

The way we played game one, we now know, if we cut them they will bleed. I don't know if we win this series, but I like our chances a lot better than before the series started.

AD at 5 would only reaffirm my beliefe.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Really happy about how the Pels played today, with some help from the Warriors they've made a game of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

They showed a hell of a lot of resilience. They could have easily packed it in when they were down 25.

We played a lot better in the 4th quarter. I'm not sure how much of it was due to adjustments by Monty (going with Anderson over Asik) or with GS relaxing the trigger.

I wouldn't be surprised if AD averaged 30+ in the series. His body language and resolve seemed a bit compromised at the beginning of the game but he responded very well at the end. I hope he keeps it up.

How many missed floaters did we have? It was quite a few in the 1st half. And at least one missed dunk. They didn't miss any. They lead to fast breaks, too. We really played better than it seemed. Make those easy shots and it would have been different.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

replace "done" w/ "some" autocorrect got him
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    Really happy about how the Pels played today, with some help from the Warriors they've made a game of it
    What help? The same help we gave them early in the game?

Ad will have to be aggressive and shoot at least 20 shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    What help? The same help we gave them early in the game?
    Free throws and 3s. They got a bit trigger happy but they were a bit off today with the shot

Free throws and 3s. They got a bit trigger happy but they were a bit off today with the shot
    We gave them more help than they gave us. The situation seemed too big for the Pels through the first three quarters. Then they realized it's still just basketball. Those nerves won't be there from here on out.

I'm actually more confident now than I was four hours ago.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

Pelicans were off as well. Anderson, Pondexter, and Cole all missed wide open 3s. They missed some easy shots at the rim. Gordon missed some mid range open shots (but he's been missing those all year). Some possessions they looked completely discombobulated. All of that wasn't Golden St.'s defense.

if 'Reke is going to miss time... those little floaters in the middle of the lane are going to have to start falling for Jrue, EG & Cole

Or just cut out the floater to begin with. GS's bits aren't "Big", but floaters are going to get swatted down.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The way we played game one, we now know, if we cut them they will bleed. I don't know if we win this series, but I like our chances a lot better than before the series started.

AD at 5 would only reaffirm my beliefe.
    No! I BOLIEVE!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    No! I BOLIEVE!

Wayne Newton have mercy! Where did you find that?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Wayne Newton have mercy! Where did you find that?
    You watch wrestling? It is the theme for Bo Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    You watch wrestling? It is the theme for Bo Dallas

edit: if only I could superimpose AD's face on Bo and Curry's on El Torito
    Last edited by rt0307; 04-18-2015 at 09:35 PM.

I don't watch wrestling, but that is good stuff.

esus
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Pelicans were off as well. Anderson, Pondexter, and Cole all missed wide open 3s. They missed some easy shots at the rim. Gordon missed some mid range open shots (but he's been missing those all year). Some possessions they looked completely discombobulated. All of that wasn't Golden St.'s defense.
    We missed some shots in first, that I'd attribute to nerves, however while we were getting hounded/ fouled we had alot of turnovers and bad shots, that was largely due to the GS pressure.

Not saying that the pelicans didn't under perform first half, but this particular game it was more GS that kept us in it than ourselves giving the game to them.

That said it the pels play like they did in the 4th,I rate their chances to steal a win

Thread Information