Pelicans Report

Thread: Does anyone have the number for the Pelicans team who dominated the Spurs?

Rant Does anyone have the number for the Pelicans team who dominated the Spurs?

Because the team I'm watching right now is soft as cotton candy. Hey Pels, yeah about that scrimmage. You got it! He does it taste now? Wake up! Golden State has got you feeling right now but you aren't out just yet. Get back up, dust yourself off and come back with a renewed confidence that you will stop at nothing to beat Golden State. If you believe it, then it will spread like a cancer. Let's roll in game 2!

I hope you feel silly now

Team was nervous, it was to be expected.

I know we came back a lot do to GS letting up.....but those easy shots....missed floaters and dunks. We missed a lot and they missed none. And it lead to points on the othet end. We really did hustle all game.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Asia needs to go. He gave up on plays. No sir, I do not feel silly. You cannot give a team like Golden State easy buckets which we did. I was so sick of seeing us put up a shot and golden state get the rebound. We cannot go one and done when trying to score and then give golden state extra opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by indiansaint01 View Post
    Asia needs to go. He gave up on plays. No sir, I do not feel silly. You cannot give a team like Golden State easy buckets which we did. I was so sick of seeing us put up a shot and golden state get the rebound. We cannot go one and done when trying to score and then give golden state extra opportunities.
    For real. They just have too many people and China keeps buying up our debt. And math.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pels at home can beat anyone.

On road - they can't beat good teams. Last time they beat a WC playoff team on the road? December 18th.
    @mcnamara247

I like to look at both sides and say if we play defense in the 1st we win that game today. I'm sure they won't be missing those shots in game 2. Very hopeful we can sneak up on them if we bring it like we did for Spurs Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Pels at home can beat anyone.

On road - they can't beat good teams. Last time they beat a WC playoff team on the road? December 18th.
    Jrue got injured January 12th though. Is that really a fair argument to make? He brings so much to the team on both sides of the ball.

And we didn't have Q-Pon and Cole until late Feb. I would say we are a far better team than we were during most of that stretch.

Or am I just being too optimistic?

Another point JVG pointed out this could be a wake up call for G.S.

Quote Originally Posted by #23mvp View Post
    Jrue got injured January 12th though. Is that really a fair argument to make? He brings so much to the team on both sides of the ball.

And we didn't have Q-Pon and Cole until late Feb. I would say we are a far better team than we were during most of that stretch.

Or am I just being too optimistic?
    No you're on point. And I'd say OKC with Durant playing 43 minutes, Westbrook 40, and Ibaka 36 is a pretty good WC team (@OKC on 2/6). And since Dec. 18th, they only played 9 (includng OKC) because 2015 was east heavy on the road. Of those 9 games, 3 of them came in April and 2 of them came while the team was a MASH unit.

This performance ended up a lot better than I expected, which was a game 1 blowout before things got interesting on Monday.

Yeah, the score tells you who won and who lost, but if there was any time to say, "the score doesn't tell the whole story." Now is that time. We got punched in the face and kicked in the junk, and we came back for more.

I look forward to more adjustments, and more hack a Iggy/Bogut/whoever.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    Seems to me like we just needed to get our feet wet. Davis was unsatisfactory in the first half IMO. the aggressiveness ess he played with in the second half (especially the 4th) was the difference for us. The whole team played better once he started making buckets. Hopefully he worked out the butterflies and comes out playing aggressive and attacking Draymond in the 1st quarter next game.

Force Draymond to stop you, get him in foul trouble and we can win the game. He is a difference maker right now for them, get him off the floor and watch us take the lead.
    Last edited by pmarpelicansfan; 04-18-2015 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Spell check

AD's stats:

Asik On the court: 3-9 from the field, 6 points
    Asik Off: 10-14 from the field, 29 points

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what the adjustment needs to be. Pels -13 in the minutes AD played with Asik, +9 in the minutes he was on without Asik

I am sure the Warriors will realize we will be moving forward in the series without Asik, now how do they counter our counter?

I do wonder how much pf Cunningham will be playing in this series.

Me wonders if Draymond Green will be this years "Cheap Shot" Rob Horry/ Dante Jones.

Thread Information