Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Game 1 Playoff Thread!!

Wow. I call bs. They don't show the public any dam replays of the most critical call of the game!!! Wtf is going on??

Serious guys. When have u ever seen this big of a call that goes to review and we get no replays showed to us??

I hate people trying to get on TV.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I must say. This has to be the most frustrating part in watching close games. All these time outs kill the energy of the game.

They are not even discussing the replay review like it's not even an issue. Wth

Warriors will have the series lead... Pelicans will have the momentum going into game 2
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Curry going to ice it

Greet rebound Ryan Anderson, your such a bright spot for this team.

I am so impressed by he fight in our team. I think this is a huge game for us moving forward. To be down 25 and cut the lead to 4 is just crazy. This should give us a ton of confidence for moving forward for this series and the future.

Great effort!!!!!

Get them in game 2

Idk about everyone else but this game just showed me this series is winnable more so then I thought before

Great game. Our team fought hard. Now it's up to Monty to make the proper adjustments. We can beat this team.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Great game. Our team fought hard. Now it's up to Monty to make the proper adjustments. We can beat this team.
    Key words.

Adjustments definitely won't make Asik happy though....

Gordon needs to stick to jump shots, he gets no calls going to rim, TE injury hurt. Cole and Dante needs to get in mix more so we can guard better.
    I don't mind them getting in the paint, as long as we foul them hard.

Let iggy, Bogurt, Barnes take the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Gordon needs to stick to jump shots, he gets no calls going to rim, TE injury hurt. Cole and Dante needs to get in mix more so we can guard better.
    I don't mind them getting in the paint, as long as we foul them hard.

Let iggy, Bogurt, Barnes take the shots.
    Guys like Curry and Thompson thrive from being in a rhythm. Being more physical against them would get them off their game.

Banned
    Great effort but we aren't winning this series .

Nice last 12 minutes , but 1Q is not enough to win game in the playoffs. Anderson needs to play something ... right now he plays nothing ... GSW is garbage. They have 0 % chance to win championship...

I stop watching and they make the game presentable. Still, they way they get caught on ridiculous switches worries me. The defensive IQ has to get fixed...somehow.

All-Star
    Huge props to Norris Cole along with Q-Pon and Dante. They didn't let the team to implode and their role in weathering the storm is immense. It is very encouraging that Pelicans came back and fought till the end We lost today, but it doesn't hurt at all.

Great job by the team fighting back like that. The downside is that the Warriors won't underestimate them next game, but I think it matters just as much that their confidence got shook a little. They were "supposed" to blow us out, now they'll start to wonder about what they're really up against. Also, GSW won't miss that many FT's again, but the Pels have hopefully gotten rid of the jitters, so this could get interesting

Either way it's just incredibly satisfying to be in the playoffs! Imagine if this was GSW vs OKC, we'd all be sitting here trying to imagine what could've been.

My pre-game prediction:

I got to admit, I think this could be our toughest game of the series. Coming off an emotional win, going right out on the road, 1st time playoff jitters, up against the best team in the league on their home floor where the lost 2 games all year. Just saying, it's a tall order. I'll be impressed if it's a close game...

Wasn't close for much of game, but good gritty rally in the 4th. Lot's of bad play in the first 3 though and I did think we looked tight as hell early. Saw a good comment from Chauncy Billups this week about his first playoff series as a pro and how confident he was going in only to look up a see he was down by 20 before he knew what hit him. Thought our guys got a good dose of playoff intensity early and was happy to see them not fold up. Lots of works to do, but this experience is priceless longterm.

As much as it pains me to say it but Ryno needs to start at the 4 next game with ad at The 5. Ryno is just horrible on defense tho. Let's see how it works. Ad needs to establish his game early on in game 2 and then the rest if the guys should be able to feed off him if he gets it going .

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Key words.

Adjustments definitely won't make Asik happy though....
    Asik will fare better against the 2nd unit and AD would dominate the warriors at the 5. The 4th quarter proved that. This shouldn't even be up for debate.

The casual fan could see that Asik shouldn't be playing out there as soon as the game started. The warriors were running all their actions at him and forcing him to come out the paint and play the pick and roll. He simply couldn't matchup and wind up being stuck in no mans land.

Thread Information