Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Game 1 Playoff Thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    The layup line to the rim is unacceptable...especially when you consider we have Omer Asik and Davis. Tell the guards they are going to have man up and play defense. Sag off the pick and roll..Stop showing so hard
    Pick your poison. They shoot so well that you can't sag. The plan needs to be to sag the opposite Big and force Green or Bogut to shoot jumpers. NO WAY Ryno should be hugging on Bogut at the top of the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet603 View Post
    We are a virgin playoff team going into the league's biggest hell hole. You can't be surprised. Now that we at least have a half under our belt maybe the rest of the game will be at least a bit fair from a mental standpoint. Either way this Game 1 was never gonna be a cupcake.
    True this. Let's see what happens from game 1 to game 2. I still don't think what happens in game 1 is an indicator of how we will compete in this series, barring injuries.

Sent from my iPad

Watching the warmups... AD is sulking big time. Just wandering around tossing up bricks from the top of the key, is about 2-30 right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ADisreal View Post
    Watching the warmups... AD is sulking big time. Just wandering around tossing up bricks from the top of the key, is about 2-30 right now.
    TRADE HIM

Evans coming back

I'm focusing on ADs demeanor this half. He needs to be a leader and stop all the sulking.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    TRADE HIM
    For thibs. No doubt it would fix everything.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Good lord Gordon

Basketball Guru
    ajinca had 6 straight points i think and then got caught up in the pnr on defense and then monty takes him out and we cant score and GS scores 9 straight points......monty has to see that GS is backing off of omer and doubling davis in the paint.......monty has to give ajinca those mins and hope that we can keep pace with GS in scoring...........our defense is still in new orleans.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    What happened to Tyreke?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    What happened to Tyreke?

Knee issues

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    No reason to take that shot that early in the shot clock. This defense is too good to take bad shots when you don't have too.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    What happened to Tyreke?
    left knee contusion. probable to return

Now is not the time to jack up 3s. Get it down to 10 with good offense stupids.

If we hit our wide open looks this would be a different start. . .

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    ajinca had 6 straight points i think and then got caught up in the pnr on defense and then monty takes him out and we cant score and GS scores 9 straight points......monty has to see that GS is backing off of omer and doubling davis in the paint.......monty has to give ajinca those mins and hope that we can keep pace with GS in scoring...........our defense is still in new orleans.
    This this this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

We just don't know what we want to do. Our team is just scrambling around out there on both sides of the ball

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    No reason to take that shot that early in the shot clock. This defense is too good to take bad shots when you don't have too.
    No trust.

Monty yanked Ajinca after a poor defensive possession but at least he gave us something offensively. He causes a matchup problem for GS. But monty would rather roll with Anderson

We knew the defence has always been subpar, it's simply the Warriors showing those issues. What I'm impressed with is their defence revealing every weakness in the NO players. But where AD goes our team goes, he's kind of shaken up and that's how this team is playing atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

I really don't want Asik back next year. I think what he gives we can find somewhere else for cheaper or lets get an offensive minded Center Like Monroe. Give him a 4 year max contract but the first year less to keep the team intact. Then have it jump in year two when the cap is significantly higher.

I'm not nearly as astute as most of you here, but it really seems the way to shut down a guy like Steph Curry would be to get really physical with him? He seems so fragile that you would think it would have to disrupt his game some. Just wondering.

We're getting some open looks, they're just not falling the way they did against SAS on Wed.

Much better D so far. Hits some baskets and this could get competitive.

Sent from my iPad

Thread Information