Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: Warriors vs Pelicans Game 1 Playoff Thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    No way man. We need Ryno for the spacing.
    Oh yeah, Ryno really 'spaces' the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Start Dante and you have the same spacing issues. Green and Bogut will essentially be doubling AD again just like they did with Asik on the floor.

The Pels aren't winning this series, but they can put AD in a position to go off, and to me that is better than losing the series and watching AD struggle.
    Dante does have a somewhat respectable midrange J... about 2 steps inside the arc

edit: that's a lot more than we can say about Asik
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by observerII View Post
    Oh yeah, Ryno really 'spaces' the defense.
    I challenge you to watch 5 possessions with Anderson on the floor with AD compared to Asik on the floor with AD. It doesn't matter if Anderson is hitting or not. Just by being on the floor, everybody else has so much more space. It's not coincidence that AD's 20 point quarter featured Anderson and no Asik
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    Dante does have a somewhat respectable midrange J... about 2 steps inside the arc

edit: that's a lot more than we can say about Asik
    It doesn't matter. Teams don't respect it. They won't stay on his hip the way they do with Anderson behind the arc. They will beg AD to kick it to him.

I challenge you to watch 5 possessions with Anderson on the floor with AD compared to Asik on the floor with AD. It doesn't matter if Anderson is hitting or not. Just by being on the floor, everybody else has so much more space. It's not coincidence that AD's 20 point quarter featured Anderson and no Asik
    I obviously did not make my sarcastic point clear. I meant to imply that Ryno's "spacing" on defense makes the Pelicans a bigger liability than does his "spacing" on offense.

We gave up too many layups.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Think if we replaced Ryno with Kaminsky we'd be better off?

I am really looking forward to how we use Ryno and Babbit in this series as I think Asik and Ajinca will be nonexistent.
    AD/Ajinca
    Ryno/Babbit
    QPon/Cunningham
    Gordon
    Jrue/Cole
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am really looking forward to how we use Ryno and Babbit in this series as I think Asik and Ajinca will be nonexistent.
    AD/Ajinca
    Ryno/Babbit
    QPon/Cunningham
    Gordon
    Jrue/Cole
    You almost had it right:
    AD/Ajinca
    Cunningham/Asik
    Qpon/Ryno/Babbit

We need try to match their pace and offense . That means we need to go smaller . I didn't like the way the we played this game however 4th quarter effort was worth to watch . All the oracle arena was almost stun for couple of minutes ...

AD played very well but I didn't like his rebounding effort yesterday . He's a top rebounder but didn't contribute like he did on regular season .

Quote Originally Posted by moon54 View Post
    We need try to match their pace and offense . That means we need to go smaller . I didn't like the way the we played this game however 4th quarter effort was worth to watch . All the oracle arena was almost stun for couple of minutes ...

AD played very well but I didn't like his rebounding effort yesterday . He's a top rebounder but didn't contribute like he did on regular season .
    AD explained that in the post game conference. He was having to guard more on the perimeter, which makes it harder to get many rebounds.

And I think he was a little out of sorts the first half, sulking a bit. Seems he wasn't prepared as he thought for the physicality and intensity of playoff basketball.

Thank you man I didn't watch post game show . That explains a lot

Pelicans 4 guards shot 8-23 on UNCONTESTED shots (10-33 overall) and only got a total of 8 FT attempts. This is a long term issue. The Pelicans need to find one or two guards that they can get consistent production from against high level competition. If they do, AD wins titles. If they don't, he is gone in 2018 or 2019. That simple.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Pelicans 4 guards shot 8-23 on UNCONTESTED shots (10-33 overall) and only got a total of 8 FT attempts. This is a long term issue. The Pelicans need to find one or two guards that they can get consistent production from against high level competition. If they do, AD wins titles. If they don't, he is gone in 2018 or 2019. That simple.
    So besides a fully healthy Jrue, any specific players in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    So besides a fully healthy Jrue, any specific players in mind?
    Bump.
    Interested to know who you think is the answer long term that the Pel's could target?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Bump.
    Interested to know who you think is the answer long term that the Pel's could target?
    I have no idea. I have learned this is a fool's game that can not be predicted. But, what I would be looking for is a High IQ guard who can shoot off the dribble and get to the FT line with regularity.

I have no idea. I have learned this is a fool's game that can not be predicted. But, what I would be looking for is a High IQ guard who can shoot off the dribble and get to the FT line with regularity.
    I guess it doesn't necessarily need to be a guard then.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I guess it doesn't necessarily need to be a guard then.
    There are very few SF's like that, and they rarely get away if they exist. Guard is a more loaded position; better chance of finding that guy there.

I would like to see Anderson start but if we don't and keep Asik I would like to see him come in much sooner. If Anderson does start though I really don't mind having an Ajinca and Asik front court with the 2nd unit that I think could work out pretty well. In my opinion Anderson and Davis need to be on the court at all times together. Davis really is nearly impossible to stop when he hs the floor spaced and Bogut trying to stop him will have him in foul trouble very quickly.

There are very few SF's like that, and they rarely get away if they exist. Guard is a more loaded position; better chance of finding that guy there.
    I know Durant is a long shot but he would be such a perfect fit next to Davis. Playing small ball with Durant at the 4 and Davis at the 5 would be impossible for teams to deal with. If we somehow got Durant I think Holiday would be a great PG to compliment them and be the guy we keep around instead of Tyreke. I think we get Anderson back on a cheaper contract and would love to have him for a long time and believe he is a great player off our bench and don't buy in to what everyone says about him. Durant had a quote a while back which makes me believe it is possible for us to get him he said his dream was never to play in a big market but to just play in the NBA and doesn't care where it is as long as he wins. I know him and Westbrook are friends but I could definitely see Durant strongly considering teaming up with Davis and bolting for the Pelicans knowing we are his best chance at winning a title. I just don't think Durant and Westbrook are a good fit together as crazy as that mite sound saying 2 top 5 players aren't a good fit. Especially with Durant being out I think Westbrooks ego of being the alpha male there is only going to be worse than before after his play with Durant absent. They will constantly be clashing with shots as seemed at times before and Westbrook shooting them out of games. Holiday/Durant/Davis would be a great trio to build around and all being very unselfish and want to win more than worry about stats.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-20-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Thread Information