Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anthony Davis Should be the 2014-15 NBA MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Final one - AD's Clutch Win Probability Added is higher than #2 (Harden) and #3 (J. Butler) COMBINED.

http://stats.inpredictable.com/nba/s...WPA&order=DESC
    Michael, on this chart, what exactly is gbWPA? Is it a good or a bad thing? I notice there's no one in the league above one except the Splash brothers. Thompson is at 1.27 and Steph is at 1.94, more than double anyone else. Does that mean they get more of their stats in garbage time or is that just a factor that Golden State has more garbage time minutes than anyone else due to their average win margin?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Michael, on this chart, what exactly is gbWPA? Is it a good or a bad thing? I notice there's no one in the league above one except the Splash brothers. Thompson is at 1.27 and Steph is at 1.94, more than double anyone else. Does that mean they get more of their stats in garbage time or is that just a factor that Golden State has more garbage time minutes than anyone else due to their average win margin?
    That yes, their stats when the game is no longer in doubt is better than anybody else's. Which makes some sense since they have the most opportunities for those stat boosting chances.
    @mcnamara247

Yeah I think it will be next year if Davis stays healthy. Look how long it took Kobe to get MVP

CP3/Harden/Curry 80+ games played

Anthony Davis= 68 games played + a few of those he left early

I love AD but those three guys are pretty obviously above him on any reasonable MVP ballot

He played 68 games this is a joke Harden should be unanimous MVP

Yea the games played really hurts AD. And the whole 67 wins thing pushed Curry over the top for me. I get that AD had great clutch stats but Steph didn't need to be clutch for most of the season because they were so dominant for the first 43 minutes of the game. I agree that he should have been considered a lot more than he seemed to be but I think saying that he should win it is a little overboard.

Banned
    In the clutch this season:

Curry: 44.1% FG
    Harden: 48.1% FG
    AD: 61.8% FG

89% FT too (Curry 94%, Harden 77%)
    I will go one more. Here is Win Probability Added:

Davis - 9.42
    Harden - 5.94
    Curry - 5.87

Those are the top 3. The difference between AD and #2 is as big as the gap between #2 and Ryan Anderson.
    Final one - AD's Clutch Win Probability Added is higher than #2 (Harden) and #3 (J. Butler) COMBINED.

http://stats.inpredictable.com/nba/s...WPA&order=DESC
    Oh come on, WPA is obviously flawed. Where is Lebron on that list? Below people like Kyle Korver, Anthony Morrow, Mike Scott, Danny Green, thats where.

also comparing fg% from a post player and a guard is just dumb.

When you sort it out by ksWPA, Anthony Davis is #3, which is where he will probably end up in the MVP voting.
    Last edited by Noggy; 04-19-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Oh come on, WPA is obviously flawed. Where is Lebron on that list? Below people like Kyle Korver, Anthony Morrow, Mike Scott, Danny Green, thats where.

also comparing fg% from a post player and a guard is just dumb.

When you sort it out by ksWPA, Anthony Davis is #3, which is where he will probably end up in the MVP voting.
    These were just add ons to the article. They aren't even in the article as the reason AD should be MVP. No one stat is the be all/end all. There are so many elements.

As for FG%, his eFG% and pts per shot were higher too in the clutch - and he does that w/o the 3-ball. Actually, he did have one 3-ball in the clutch...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is why I respect you, MM. I can only rely on feelings and subjective anecdotal evidence. You bring the facts I don't have the patience to decipher.

AD is the real MVP, no matter what people vote. Zach Lowe at least is on our side nationally.

Think if the USA was like most others and had no football, basketball, or baseball and just soccer? Guys like Reggie Bush playing soccer and other super athletic guys like him. Just think about Anthony Davis as the goalie for team USA haha. I'm not big soccer fan but when watching the World Cup I always think about how good we could be with the Stars we have playing other sports when most countries concentrate strictly on soccer. Just thought about this because someone mentioned volleyball but just think about a world wide sport like soccer and him being a goalie would be incredible and unfair.

Great article though and Davis will get his MVP and less than 2 would be disappointing by the voters. I think he gets a lot less votes just because of his youth and the guys ahead of him doing it for a couple years more. Now that he hs established himself and if he plays majority of the games next year they have no choice but to crown him MVP especially if we get a higher seed also. Davis does things I have never seen someone in my life do. I remember when we had David West who I loved but I would see guys like Griffin and Aldridge catching lobs and be like man I wish we had something like that. Boy did I ever get my wish and more!

Thread Information