Pelicans Report

Thread: Playoffs... where FSNO owns CST

Pelicans Playoffs... where FSNO owns CST

FSNO will televise games 2-4 AT LEAST

so we will get Joel, David & Jen instead of having to listen to the ESPN or TNT broadcasters (should you choose)

I believe during the whole time CST did Hornets games they did 1 or 2 playoff broadcasts that I can remember (and they were games that weren't being nationally televised for whatever reason)

I'm glad I'll be able to watch those games from the local broadcast
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Joel and David could be in a coma, and they'd still be light years better than Gii and Licht were/are/etc.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

The Franchise    Contributor   

I never liked Gil's sense of humor, but that was his schtick and I know people that thought it was funny. Eh. But licht I thought was okay, kind of hard to dislike the play by play guy. What's not to like? He could call a game. But Gil's puns drove me nuts

I really like Meyers&Wesley combo . They're top in regional broadcasters .

anyone else going to join me in watching Joel, David & Jen for games 2-4 instead of TNT & ESPN?

I prefer watching the national telecast because it gives the game a bigger feel to it, but I will watch FSNO anyway.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    anyone else going to join me in watching Joel, David & Jen for games 2-4 instead of TNT & ESPN?
    It is interesting that some are critical of the same announcers for ESPN that they wanted to replace Monty with as head coach

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I prefer watching the national telecast because it gives the game a bigger feel to it, but I will watch FSNO anyway.
    This and not just that but that HD quality and presentation is also great. I'll probably watch FSNO, though, because Joel and David are the only commentating personalities that know our team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    David Wesley has come a long way since the first broadcasts he did.

He still has to clearly censor himself though. I know he's nearly dropped some bombs on Monty or the players out there.

And Joel Meyers is a living legend. I can't wait to see if he does Saints preseason. Since I think that'll be on Fox and probably the affiliates too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    David Wesley has come a long way since the first broadcasts he did.

He still has to clearly censor himself though. I know he's nearly dropped some bombs on Monty or the players out there.

And Joel Meyers is a living legend. I can't wait to see if he does Saints preseason. Since I think that'll be on Fox and probably the affiliates too.
    Joel did the Saints preseason games this past season

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Don't hate... McGregorstrate.

Thread Information