Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We Need A PLAYOFF Atmosphere In The Arena Tomorrow Night

We Need A PLAYOFF Atmosphere In The Arena Tomorrow Night

I'm serious. No more quarter-filled balcony and no energy in the arena. The arena needs to be PACKED tomorrow night and loud. Tomorrow is the biggest game of the season and there is no excuse for that the SKC not to be hopping!!!

Agree. Our attendance last home stand was pretty sad. Houston had more fans than us. Let us make our players feel at home Tuesday night. Get loud

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Agree. Our attendance last home stand was pretty sad. Houston had more fans than us. Let us make our players feel at home Tuesday night. Get loud
    I was at the Houston game and it was SO humiliating that the group of Houston fans in the corner of the lower bowl were louder than the rest of the arena and we're drowning us out. It honestly felt like a road game. That CANNOT happen again!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    That statement is axiomatically untrue!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    That statement is axiomatically untrue!
    Would you like me to post the attendance numbers for last homestand as well as year? Memphis is selling out games. We need to as well. We are winning !

Quote Originally Posted by davidg123 View Post
    I was at the Houston game and it was SO humiliating that the group of Houston fans in the corner of the lower bowl were louder than the rest of the arena and we're drowning us out. It honestly felt like a road game. That CANNOT happen again!
    Hopefully it don't happen again. Some are even in denial about the empty seats and visiting fans.

Would you like me to post the attendance numbers for last homestand as well as year? Memphis is selling out games. We need to as well. We are winning !
    You can post whatever you want . I've missed a total of 10 games in 6 years, so, regardless of what you post, your prior statement of Houston having more fans there than us is utterly ridiculous!

You can post whatever you want . I've missed a total of 10 games in 6 years, so, regardless of what you post, your prior statement of Houston having more fans there than us is utterly ridiculous!
    My bad . They were from the Westbank(sarcasm)

My bad they were from the Westbank
    & go ahead & find some HARD numbers for me for attendance the past 5 games! ONCE peoplebuy the tickets, you cant make them come! But, if you want hard numbers

Minny 17576
    Sac 17669
    Hou 17077
    Mil 17881
    Den 17248

Those are PURCHASED tickets ! Whether they show up or not is entirely up to them! Where do you sit,on your couch?

& go ahead & find some HARD numbers for me for attendance the past 5 games! ONCE peoplebuy the tickets, you cant make them come! But, if you want hard numbers

Minny 17576
    Sac 17669
    Hou 17077
    Mil 17881
    Den 17248

Those are PURCHASED tickets ! Whether they show up or not is entirely up to them! Where do you sit,on your couch?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Eh, not expecting anything special. Our fans suck.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post

They were fine here.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Once we find some sustained success. And by that I don't mean by barely sneaking into the playoffs on a bipolar season, I think the fans will begin to follow.

Clearly New Orleans has the personality and capacity to be a good fanbase, but like the Saints and the Hornets during our playoff before Monty Williams season, it takes sustained success before that crowd gets attached.

I have 99% confidence that if this team either makes a run in the playoffs or this team gets off to a hot start and ends in a top 5 seed that the fanbase will grow.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post

They were fine here.
    Good example but the CPFlop era has been long gone.

No more like just lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post

They were fine here.
    Hey I don't want to take anything away from those crowds, I was at those games. But we also haven't seen that since then, we've had some good crowds but nothing like that. I understand if/when we make the playoffs that sort of thing will probably return, but we shouldn't have to rely on the playoffs to get crowds like that. That's what my comment was geared toward.

No more like just lazy.
    This I definitely agree with. As a STH, quite frankly it's embarrassing sometimes. I don't think you have to bring it 41 games, and I have been to games where the crowd really gets going, but if it does, it comes late in the fourth. Otherwise for the other 45 minutes of game action all 17-18 thousand people are just sitting on their hands. It sucks. I've even seen one score games where the crowd was non existent.

Hell the two overtime game against Denver, the crowd filed out of there at the end of the fourth quarter, and even more after the first ot. I was dumb founded, as were my fellow STH's around me. One guy turned to me and said "what the **** do they think this is? Soccer?"

For some reference, here is the end of the 4th:

and the start of the 2nd ot:

I mean I have to wonder, does a real home court advantage help us win that game?
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 04-06-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Hey I don't want to take anything away from those crowds, I was at those games. But we also haven't seen that since then, we've had some good crowds but nothing like that. I understand if/when we make the playoffs that sort of thing will probably return, but we shouldn't have to rely on the playoffs to get crowds like that. That's what my comment was geared toward.

This I definitely agree with. As a STH, quite frankly it's embarrassing sometimes. I don't think you have to bring it 41 games, and I have been to games where the crowd really gets going, but if it does, it comes late in the fourth. Otherwise for the other 45 minutes of game action all 17-18 thousand people are just sitting on their hands. It sucks. I've even seen one score games where the crowd was non existent.

Hell the two overtime game against Denver, the crowd filed out of there at the end of the fourth quarter, and even more after the first ot. I was dumb founded, as were my fellow STH's around me. One guy turned to me and said "what the **** do they think this is? Soccer?"

For some reference, here is the end of the 4th:

and the start of the 2nd ot:

I mean I have to wonder, does a real home court advantage help us win that game?
    Well we have not had a team of that caliber since then so of course we won't have that type of atmosphere.

And the pics for the Denver game is one with the crowd standing up and the other the crowd is sitting down.

unreal maybe OKC should have two basketball teams

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    And the pics for the Denver game is one with the crowd standing up and the other the crowd is sitting down.
    Standing up and sitting down has nothing to do with it, you can look at those pictures and tell how much of the crowd headed for the exits.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I feel that there will be a very nice crowd tomorrow night.... and I think we will be glad we were there....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Steph Curry fans will be a lot louder than Pels fans.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Steph Curry fans will be a lot louder than Pels fans.
    Unfortunately this is true. I will be in the building along with my son.
    I'm a grinder

Sorry, I was just making that post to show we are capable is all

Standing up and sitting down has nothing to do with it, you can look at those pictures and tell how much of the crowd headed for the exits.
    Yes it does, the people standing up block the empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Yes it does, the people standing up block the empty seats.
    Well take it from someone who was a part of this crowd, this isn't the case this time around.

Thread Information