Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Final game it comes down to this,

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I can't believe I missed this post.

Honestly this is exactly how I figured MM would be. Passion. Lots of Passion. I can just imagine the ref (possibly doing it for free or like. . .$50) like, "Wtf is going on here? This is 8 year old's playing basketball."
    Nah, it was a pretty big high school game. Playoffs.

He was pretty scared. I am 6'5", 230. This was a nerdy guy with a little fro - looked kind of like Gabe Kaplin. Pudgy and weak. He left immediately after the game.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Nah, it was a pretty big high school game. Playoffs.

He was pretty scared. I am 6'5", 230. This was a nerdy guy with a little fro - looked kind of like Gabe Kaplin. Pudgy and weak. He left immediately after the game.
    Haha. For some reason I thought you meant your actual kid. Now I realize you meant your team. By your response it seems you guys lost. I'm sorry.

Please don't end me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Haha. For some reason I thought you meant your actual kid. Now I realize you meant your team. By your response it seems you guys lost. I'm sorry.

Please don't end me.
    Up 7 with 1:43 left. Lost by 1.

You wouldn't believe the calls if I told you.

Sounds like you guys are the Pelicans of that high school division.

2008... it still hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Bronc, please do not stoop to their pathetic level. Seems I have a lot of fans over there from something posted over here.

Well, they know where to find me. I'm right here. Of course you have to be human instead of Riverwalk scum to post here so...moving on. Big one tomorrow night.
    I would have to go a lot more classless/racist/ignorant then comparing their forum to dick cancer(a pretty fair comparison if I must say so) to stoop to their level.

Hey guys, Spurs fan here. I wish your team luck for tomorrow's game, and although I want my team to win (obviously), I don't mind losing as long as we're healthy marching into the playoffs. Anyway, it's an absolute travesty that your team has to claw its just to get to the playoffs whereas teams from the East with LOSING records will make it to the Final 8. Monty has a great young core and I'm expecting NOLA to have an even better season next year regardless of the outcome of the game tomorrow. Cheers!

I don't see this game being played out on an even court. I think that Pops will make roster moves to give us an advantage....oh, the humanity of it all...!
    Last edited by Shrimpnose; 04-15-2015 at 01:18 AM.
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    My 2 cents, SAS will rest their guys. PO start on the 18th, Pop will give their older guys a week off to heal. And I don't think SAS care much about seeding against the west, they have HC against the Cle anyway.
    A Tiger agrees with a Blue Jay....

Quote Originally Posted by KawhiLeonard View Post
    Hey guys, Spurs fan here. I wish your team luck for tomorrow's game, and although I want my team to win (obviously), I don't mind losing as long as we're healthy marching into the playoffs. Anyway, it's an absolute travesty that your team has to claw its just to get to the playoffs whereas teams from the East with LOSING records will make it to the Final 8. Monty has a great young core and I'm expecting NOLA to have an even better season next year regardless of the outcome of the game tomorrow. Cheers!
    Thanks buddy, same to you.

Jimmer's not part of the core, actually.

I've been there a few times and got to the point where I just had to report that site to the league, which then got forwarded to the league's legal office. They even responded to me a few days later that they are monitoring that site.

Anyway, I'd advise folks to stay off that place. It's like the old nola comment section but 3 times worse. No rules is putting it lightly
    Quoted from Spurs talk... please tell me no one actually said this

High class. I think we all hope both teams make it out of there without any injuries.

What I wanna know is, where all the married woman at?!

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Wait...
    Wasn't there a pudgy guy with an afro calling Sunday's game against Houston?

Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Quoted from Spurs talk... please tell me no one actually said this
    No one said what? Do you mean report that site to league fan relations?

Quote Originally Posted by Blakes_Ex_Sanch View Post
    What I wanna know is, where all the married woman at?!
    Welcome to PR!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Wish it was on ESPN.

Game starts at 10am here.

we beat the best team in the league, we beat our competition head to head, we ended the longest winning streak in the league this year, we've beaten the spurs before, and we will do it again, tonight is the night, FLOCK UP! MY BODY IS READY
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No one said what? Do you mean report that site to league fan relations?
    Yes he's talking about what you said. Lol

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    we beat the best team in the league, we beat our competition head to head, we ended the longest winning streak in the league this year, we've beaten the spurs before, and we will do it again, tonight is the night, FLOCK UP! MY BODY IS READY
    I'm going to keep this simple because I am simple.... I truly believe the odds are in our favor tonight .... the Pels play well and the Spurs don't, we win comfortably.... the Spurs play well and we don't, adios playoffs.... both teams play less than than their best, its likely a tossup..... both teams play well, I think we get by on our home floor with a great crowd behind them ..... call me a homer, but I like our chances .....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

remember Monty's first playoff series, we lost 4-2 against the Lakers, CP had like 2 or 3 triple doubles and we we're tied 2-2 after 4 games, no one expected us to win 1. The day before the 4th game (we won) Monty showed a video of a pack of buffalo fighting off lions who had gotten ahold of one of their young to the team. I fully expect Monty to employ some similar lame motivation tactic that still gets the team ramped up enough to win this game

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Omer Asik better have the game of his life to make up for that damn tip in he made last game against the Spurs that cost us the game. If not for that this game may not be so significant. Damn you Asik and your point blank missed dunks.

Rookie
    As I said before AD is the most promising player not only in NOP but in the whole NBA. Still Omer is the most important player in this team. No inferiority complex to any Center and Asik will describe the meaning of: FORT COMME UN TURC.

I'd say Tyreke is very important. Moreso than Asik with Splitter out. With Jrue still on a minute restriction, Tyreke has to play smart and attack the rim without missing gimmes.

The good thing is he usually plays very well at home and Jrue is back to take some of the weight off him regardless.

Thread Information