Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: We Need A PLAYOFF Atmosphere In The Arena Tomorrow Night

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post

They were fine here.

Remember when Shinn tried to burn the arena down? It was round 2 Game 2 vs Spurs in 2008. We won that game too!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Remember when Shinn tried to burn the arena down? It was round 2 Game 2 vs Spurs in 2008. We won that game too!

Yes I remember that embarrassing moment. I was there in section 110. It took forever to clear the air. Plus the floor was slippery from the fire extinguishers and had to be cleaned before the game could start. It was horrible.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 04-06-2015 at 10:37 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll be there harassing Speights and that moon on his head.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post

They were fine here.
    I remember those memorable games. Especially that win against the Spurs and the first round victory against the hated MAVS.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Hey I don't want to take anything away from those crowds, I was at those games. But we also haven't seen that since then, we've had some good crowds but nothing like that. I understand if/when we make the playoffs that sort of thing will probably return, but we shouldn't have to rely on the playoffs to get crowds like that. That's what my comment was geared toward.

This I definitely agree with. As a STH, quite frankly it's embarrassing sometimes. I don't think you have to bring it 41 games, and I have been to games where the crowd really gets going, but if it does, it comes late in the fourth. Otherwise for the other 45 minutes of game action all 17-18 thousand people are just sitting on their hands. It sucks. I've even seen one score games where the crowd was non existent.

Hell the two overtime game against Denver, the crowd filed out of there at the end of the fourth quarter, and even more after the first ot. I was dumb founded, as were my fellow STH's around me. One guy turned to me and said "what the **** do they think this is? Soccer?"

For some reference, here is the end of the 4th:

and the start of the 2nd ot:

I mean I have to wonder, does a real home court advantage help us win that game?
    Maybe some people from up top eventually came lower?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Why was this moved here? Because we finally filled the arena tonight? Great crowd Great win!

Looks like the OKC fans left at halftime tonight

Thread Information