Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P Paul George set to return today against Miami.

N/P Paul George set to return today against Miami.

A little more than eight months after breaking his right leg during a Team USA scrimmage in Las Vegas, George will make his season debut Sunday night against Miami. Coach Frank Vogel said George will play about 10 to 15 minutes, likely in the first and third quarters.

"It's almost like being drafted again and getting thrown back out there again for the first time. It's that same feel," said George, who will be wearing his new No. 13 for the first time.

Larry Bird, the president of basketball operations for the Pacers, said Saturday that George had been cleared for game action a while ago, but was kept out because he was still working out with a limp. Before Friday night's 93-74 victory over Charlotte, George started lobbying harder, but still couldn't convince the top brass to let him play.

Indiana started Saturday in the No. 10 spot in the East, 1½ games behind Miami for the eighth and final playoff spot. After winning 13 of their first 15 games following Feb. 1, the Pacers have gone just 3-9 in the 12 games since.

But less than 24 hours after the victory over the Hornets jump-started the Pacers' fading playoff hopes, Bird and other team officials decided to put their biggest star back on the court.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...-vs-miami-heat

I had anticipated it would happen but George should have 3 games before he has to face OKC at home.

OKC's schedule just got bumped from 2 good teams to 3 good teams they will have to beat. And Indiana is looking to make a cinderella run last minute into the playoffs. They will be tough.

Adds just a little bit more cushion knowing OKC very well may lose against Indiana.

Also do not forget the Minnesota game is the last game of KG's career it may be a tougher spot than some think.

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    Also do not forget the Minnesota game is the last game of KG's career it may be a tougher spot than some think.
    Did not realize that. Nice to see a couple things falling our way when so much has worked against us this season.

Pacers was my favorite for championship this year before george's news . Now they battle for playoffs .

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So damn close. George was SO close to being ours.

Of course, that might've caused a ripple effect that made us unable to draft Anthony Davis...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    So damn close. George was SO close to being ours.

Of course, that might've caused a ripple effect that made us unable to draft Anthony Davis...
    It would of likely completely changed the landscape of this team going forward. George could of made Paul and West second guess leaving.

I mean even as a rookie a lineup of Paul, George, Ariza, West and Okafor is one heck of a nucleus.

Paul George cant even dunk anymore

All-Star
    I hope that indiana will play hard the game vs OKC in Indianapolis with George too.

13 pts in 14 minutes
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

I wonder if he will be hesitant to dunk moving forward. Plenty of greats could dunk, they just chose not to. And given what happened to cause that injury, I wouldn't blame him from staying away from dunking for a while.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information