Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Rockets @ Thunder(ABC) Gameday thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Can we stop praying for other teams to rest their guys and instead hope that our team can beat whomever the opposition puts out there? If we are a true playoff team, we should win a tough game every now and then, not just hope others lay down to us.

If guys get rested, then they get rested. But I see a hundred posts or tweets a day about people hoping for it, like they know we can't beat these teams straight up. If that's the case, this team doesn't deserve the playoffs.
    I agree if we get in then let's earn it . I want this team to learn how and gain the confidence they need to beat the better teams in the league .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    I want to get in regardless of how it happens. Who is "deserving" is subjective anyway. If we get in by virtue of guys resting who cares. I know the guys in that locker room will be just as excited regardless.

My expectations at the beginning of the season was to see a .500 team, so I'm not going to feel all that bad if we get in by guys resting. This has been a pretty damn exciting way to end the season no matter what happens.
    I won't complain or feel bad if people rest and we get in that way. But it seems like people are begging and praying for it, as if they know we can't beat good teams without them laying down to us.

It is just rubbing me the wrong way.
    @mcnamara247

Yea, I can see how that would get old after a while. Its not like we've stacked up on easy wins all season, we've show to be capable of taking down the top teams

Although, SA is doing a good job of pissing GS off right now....this wont bode well for us at this rate lol

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Yea, I can see how that would get old after a while. Its not like we've stacked up on easy wins all season, we've show to be capable of taking down the top teams

Although, SA is doing a good job of pissing GS off right now....this wont bode well for us at this rate lol
    We have two quality wins against the WC top 7 teams since Jrue went down. A quality win against the Hawks too.

We actually have stacked up on bad wins since mid January IMO. I mean, since AS break, what is our 2nd best win after Memphis? Toronto was playing bad. Same with Milwaukee. A bunch of below .500 teams other than that. We really haven't played well, despite the record. I want to see this team beat a few good teams. If they can't do that, I am fine with no playoffs.

Fair enough, I just fall in line with being playoff starved so long that I'll take what I can get. Even if we lose 4-1 I still think getting a taste of the post season does more for the confidence of this team than anything.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I want playoffs too and think they can help. I just want us to win some quality games along the way.

I'm starting to look at these last few games like a playoff series, stakes are a bit higher though, need to win at least 5 to make it to the next round, makes it more enjoyable, and then I'm less disspapointed if they don't get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

it doesn't matter who we beat doing the season a win is a win same as a lost is a lost so let just see how the season plays out
    if they get in on there record is all that matter any other way is just a pipe dream for loser

Do you think the NBA really wants us in the playoffs? Watching ESPN and NBA TV you would think the NBA wants OKC in playoffs real bad.

Thread Information