Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Pelicans @ Kings Game Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Guys keep in mind that last time Portland played us they destroyed us but that was in December. At that time Gordon didnt play, we didnt have Qpon, Douglas, or Cole... We did however have Salmons, Rivers, Russ Smith..... We can beat Portland....
    Now their bigs do concern me. LA and Kaman and Lopez are all really big. Could create matchup problems for us.

Quote Originally Posted by oasik View Post
    Yes, Asik missed a few easy shots as usual, but anyone who complains about Asik's overall performance in this game does not know anything about basketball.
    +150,000
    @mcnamara247

Cousins took 32 possessions to score his 24. Zero offensive rebounds.

Asik was beyond fantastic tonight. Need a better word.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    One more W and we guarantee a .500 season.
    Pelicans got 41 wins in an 82 game season. No losing season this year baby!!!
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by oasik View Post
    Yes, Asik missed a few easy shots as usual, but anyone who complains about Asik's overall performance in this game does not know anything about basketball.
    I think there is a strong case to make that Asik has taken a step forward for this team. I think a lot of criticism was fairly justified for a while.

He was pretty much a wash on the court most of the season. He was a 102 off rating and 104 def rating before the allstar break. Now he is posting 105 off rating and 99 def rating.

Now I think a lot of that has to do with poor backcourt defense that Asik can't realistically make up for all the time but he has taken a step forward on both sides. He is up to 59% FG% since the break from 53% before.

I wish NBA.com let you sort OPP FG% at the rim stats by date but I am pretty sure his play around the defensive rim has improved too.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-04-2015 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    portland are the third best home team in the NBA, this is gonna be tough
    If only we had Casspi

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    If only we had Casspi
    **** Casspi

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I think there is a strong case to make that Asik has taken a step forward for this team. I think a lot of criticism was fairly justified for a while.

He was pretty much a wash on the court most of the season. He was a 102 off rating and 104 def rating before the allstar break. Now he is posting 105 off rating and 99 def rating.

Now I think a lot of that has to do with poor backcourt defense that Asik can't realistically make up for all the time but he has taken a step forward on both sides. He is up to 59% FG% since the break from 53% before.

I wish NBA.com let you sort OPP FG% at the rim stats by date but I am pretty sure his play around the defensive rim has improved too.
    a lot of people suspect he was playing with injury for quite some time there, and to be honest it would make sense with the difference. either way, I am glad the big fella has come through when we've needed him most.

Originally Posted by oasik View Post

I can't help but think of Omer logging in after a game and posting when I see this username haha "they'll never guess it's me with this username".

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    a lot of people suspect he was playing with injury for quite some time there, and to be honest it would make sense with the difference. either way, I am glad the big fella has come through when we've needed him most.

I can't help but think of Omer logging in after a game and posting when I see this username haha "they'll never guess it's me with this username".
    I think the injury thing is a legit argument to be aware of. I don't think it explains everything but I think its a legitimate point.

I think the injury thing is a legit argument to be aware of. I don't think it explains everything but I think its a legitimate point.

Once Asik misses a layup and we lose we'll be right back to trading him and how overpaid he will be this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Once Asik misses a layup and we lose we'll be right back to trading him and how overpaid he will be this summer.
    I think you can say that Asik is playing better, is playing very good and still not be sure if we should commit to him for the next 4 years at his likely market price.

English is also my second language but I guess Omer's English is even poorer than mine

Asik was fantastic tonight.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

That game was a lot of fun. I did not see another visible Pelicans fan in attendance. Was great to see Pondexter and Gordon shoot the three that well. The deep Pondexter 3 at the halftime buzzer was awesome. AD had a couple monster dunks that I had a great seat for. Even when the Kings got the momentum in the 3rd and pulled to within two I was confident the Pelicans would win the game. The Kings didn't have enough gas to keep up that level of play. The Kings are really bad shooting the three. Ryan had the big three to cool off the Kings run. Yeah, Ryan took some tough step-backs but those were out of necessity when he got the ball at the end of the shot clock and had to put it up. The Kings cheerleaders are all really hot and good dancers. There were plenty of empty seats but the Kings fans that were there wanted to win the game and weren't thinking about tanking. Was well worth it. And have to thank the Memphis Grizzlies for the assist.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 04-04-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Playing crappy teams ends tomorrow night. Get ready for the real deal. Portland will have lots of problems with us....
    While I agree, if people want to make the playoffs they will have to come to terms that they won't be facing a sub .500 team in the playoffs. Get ready for meat men, cuz the beer wench is all out of milk.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Qpon going 6-9 from 3 was absolutely amazing. Man he has been the spark we need in this 2nd unit. Him and Cole make this bench very respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Qpon going 6-9 from 3 was absolutely amazing. Man he has been the spark we need in this 2nd unit. Him and Cole make this bench very respectable.
    Imagine if the team we have now was the team we had at the beginning of the season.

"What's that?.. Uh-Peloffs? Don't talk about-Pel-offs? you kidding me? I just hope we can win a game, another game!"

Asik has been fantastic against Cousins this season. Proof:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...-you-pay-asik/
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 04-04-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Asik has been fantastic against Cousins this season. Proof:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...-you-pay-asik/
    Just to pile on a bit. Cousins went 3/12 against Asik last night and 6/10 against the rest of our team.
    http://nbasavant.com/shot_search.php...lMin=0#results

By the way Asik should guard LMA tonight,he is one of the best at it

Quote Originally Posted by Arda10 View Post
    By the way Asik should guard LMA tonight,he is one of the best at it
    AD has been even better and I want Asik keeping Lopez off the glass. Either way, it is nice to have two options. But personally, I want Aldridge to go off. I want him taking 30 shots. As someone on this board pointed out, we do great against teams that make the interior their focus on offense. We can't guard guards who can shoot off the dribble to save our lives. To me, we lose this game if Lillard goes off - and since we have nobody who can defend him, he might.

I hope they feed Aldridge all night and we defend him 1-on-1

Certain players have other players numbers (Aaron Gray had Dwight Howard's number, but I am still taking Howard over Gray).

Thread Information