Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will GSW make the smart move and tank their game against the pels?

Will GSW make the smart move and tank their game against the pels?

I think this has a rare chance of occurring but it makes a lot of sense to me atleast.
    Would Golden State tank their game against us, to try and aid our attempt of knocking OKC out of the playoffs?
    I mean with Ibaka and Westbrook claiming that 8th seed, i can only imagine GSW would much prefer Pels holding that 8th seed rather than OKC, as Pels are the far inferior team in terms of playoff experience, while many of OKC members have made the finals.. GSW might see OKC as a small threat to knock them out first round.. and they have nothing to lose knocking off one game, they can't reach 70 wins and already past the 60 mark, breaking the franchise record

But. Durant is out for good and Ibaka is still out (not sure on time table).

As opposed to our team finally becoming healthy for the first time since nearly the beginning of the season.

I can't imagine GSW would give us the game to face a healthy us vs. an at least Durantless and possibly Ibakaless Thunder.

I would like to play pelicans instead of thunder if I was a warriors fan . OKC's fast tempo is more diffucult to handle than this pelicans . But I don't think they would tank the game...

This was an interesting question 2-3 weeks ago. With Jrue and Ryno coming back and Durant/Ibaka out, there is no way they would rather play us than them.

If GS rests guys, it will be because they are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, not because we are the team they want to play. Let's be real - they will beat whoever they play in the first round pretty easily
    @mcnamara247

The only reason this was ever an option was because of the threat that OKC gets Durant back. With Jrue back in we would probably give the Warriors a tougher run, but GSW would make a mockery of either team's defense.

Banned
    We know the Spurs will at the last game.

Nobody wants to see us come playoff time *homerism off*
    I'm a grinder

Banned
    GSW isn't scared of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    This. We Dem Boyz

Am I doing it right?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    GSW isn't scared of anyone.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Steph Curry is afraid
    ...of Chris Paul kicking him in his jewels.

I can't imagine any scenario where Kerr is trying to tell his lockerroom to throw a game because he is scared to play X team in the playoffs. It pulls players at key times to ensure a loss.

I can imagine Kerr deciding to reduce some players minutes to let them heal up for a playoff run. The question is will he start doing that 5 games before the regular season ends? When they have their last home game of the regular season against us and before a stretch of road games? That I'm not so sure.

Again, this is their 3rd road game in 4 days. They might rest some guys because of that. Or maybe they rest them on the 2nd game of the road trip vs. SA.

But there will be guys rested at some point of that road trip, just don't know where. The question is: Which guys would need to be rested for people to consider us the favorites? I say that if Curry is rested, we are the favs. D. Green, and its a push. Anyone else and I still say we are the underdogs, unless it is 2 or 3 guys like Klay, Iggy, and Bogut. Something like that

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    If Jrue is back, I don't see them resting any of their guys OR reducing minutes.

They don't want us at full strength over OKC.

Will be interesting if they rest players. Just hope the game means something and we don't stub our toe this weekend. The game in New Orleans was a heck of a game back in December, and Gordon and Davis did not play in that game. I really think both teams at full strength would be a fun series to watch!!!

If we are 100% roster, sell out crowd, we give them a tough run.

Someone needs to take curry on the block and treat him like a 3rd grader. TE, listening? Make that kid play D in the paint.

Btw, MM, you are 100% correct, EG defense is awful, He was getting abused last night by pgs on D and that's not good. First time I watched very closely.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post

Someone needs to take curry on the block and treat him like a 3rd grader. TE, listening? Make that kid play D in the paint.

Btw, MM, you are 100% correct, EG defense is awful, He was getting abused last night by pgs on D and that's not good. First time I watched very closely.
    He tries hard, he is just not capable. A for effort. D for execution

I feel like the Spurs would likely rest for our game, but not Golden State. We just need to catch OKC in the loss column and then win out by hook or by crook.

I'm kind of bummed that more of the national media types aren't saying how much more fun it would be to see AD and the healthy Pellies in the playoffs for the first time instead of a walking dead Thunder squadron.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post

We are literally asking gordon to guard PG's and/or the other teams best guard in general. Something he isn't built to do on a regular basis. Why? Because evans is that awful. I mean he Literally makes me frustrated to watch consistently on D because he is either gambling, getting lost, showing bad effort, getting caught out of position or letting his man blow past him. We have to mask him on defense and he still finds ways to screw up regularly. I don't know how anyone can whine about Gordon, or to an extent Ryno even, without qualifying it with just how bad Evans is.

He consistently gets abused by the opposing teams worst back court players. It's honestly disgusting to witness night in and night out.

Gordon would be just fine defensively if he was able to guard what he can realistically match up against which is the opposing players 2 guard or the second or third best back court player on most teams.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-02-2015 at 02:41 PM.

And I'm not sure if it is youth or our system or our players aren't as good defensively as advertised(Jrue included because he has been streaky at best defensively since being here) but Monty's teams have struggled with back court defense after his first year it seems like.

Lol Pelicans are the biggest threat to GS of any team in the NBA, used to be Houtson but the Beverly injury will hurt them a lot

i would love it, if it comes to that spurs game whether we make the playoffs or not, and cos gregg pop and montys connection he decides to intentionally lose the game to get us in.. i would love that

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    Lol Pelicans are the biggest threat to GS of any team in the NBA, used to be Houtson but the Beverly injury will hurt them a lot
    No

Did I miss something? When did we become the biggest threat to anyone?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information