Pelicans Report

Thread: Watching Ben Simmons

Watching Ben Simmons

Watching McDonalds High School All-Star Game on ESPN featuring Ben Simmons and Antonio Blakeney LSU commits playing on opposite sides. Blakeney named FL player of the year (ahead of Simmons). Malik Newman also considering Tigers. Getting ready to interview Blakeney at break. Despite being 6'8" Simmons can play any position on court. Too bad both Martin and Mickey declared.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 04-01-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

During interview he says "I'm different" and he wants to blaze his own trail in college.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    actually,the two LSU kids are both playing for the East and Newman is on the West team.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    actually,the two LSU kids are both playing for the East and Newman is on the West team.
    I should have known considering that they are from FL and Australia.

Jones has got to be the worst gameday coach in major college basketball. Dude is dumber than a bag of rocks. His recruiting is going to keep him around for a long time which I'm conflicted about. It's going to be perpetually frustrating to see LSU not come close to realizing their talent when you see what a guy like Izzo does with 75% of the talent on an annual basis.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Jones has got to be the worst gameday coach in major college basketball. Dude is dumber than a bag of rocks. His recruiting is going to keep him around for a long time which I'm conflicted about. It's going to be perpetually frustrating to see LSU not come close to realizing their talent when you see what a guy like Izzo does with 75% of the talent on an annual basis.
    But it's a tradition at LSU. Remember Dale Brown?

Be happy that talent is finally going to lsu again
    I'm a grinder

Give me a choice between a guy that can coach pretty well but can't get elite talent and a guy that may not be the best coach but lands the big fish from time to time and I take Les Miles... oops I got confused there. Lol

Honestly, I can live with a guy that gets you in the tourney most years. Hopefully he can grow as a coach. Having two or three of the best high school players coming in certainly helps.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 04-02-2015 at 04:47 AM.

Coaching can't help a team that can't make FTs, which is a huge reason why LSU got sent home form the tourney.

Can't say I've seen a ton of Simmons but what makes him good? He looks like an elite sf athlete like Rudy Gay or Paul George, but with none of the skills so he has to play the 4. What's your NBA comparison? Josh Smith? Lebron without the skills? Blake Griffin? He reminded me a ton of Tyrus Thomas.

Thread Information