Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans @ Lakers - 4-01-15

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    true lol but dude hasnt posted in forever since anderson went down lol he needs to go follow bron bron or something
    Did you miss me? Thanks for noticing. I was busy grinding hard, saved up 7k in March. I'm going to Vegas for 60 days this summer and need to save up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    To me, it is this simple:

This team can be good or bad with Ryno

This team can be good or bad without Ryno

This team can Only be elite with Ryno. Can't possibly be elite without him
    As we are currently constructed I agree....Would I still trade him because I view him as a luxury? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    It's called hitting the enter button twice. You must be new to the internet to not know what causes a double post.
    ahhh so "double posts" happen after about 5 or 6 posts that were all a few mins apart? gotcha I must be new awe shucks

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I agree to an extent. If ryno plays within himself I am fine with It. But when he becomes fixated on those fall away jumpers I want him stoned.I know he brings a different element to our team. He just needs to realize he is not here for hero ball .
    He had 11 shots tonight (not counting his fouled shots which were around the rim). Based off memory he took 3 fade away jumpers. Of which he made one. 1 with AD and talent on the court. 2 when it was him and end of bench guys.

I wouldn't say he was fixated with it at all and only really looked for it when he was surrounded by guys who weren't playing good. It seems to stick out in people's minds when he take that fade away jumper but he actually uses it far less often.

Another interesting note. As much as people hate on him for taking it from 16ft-3pt while here with us he has been far better than even AD this year (which people consider money). By quite a bit actually. This is his first year with us that that % is not good and it just happens to be his injury year. Even still his % this year is better than ADs was last year and AD took nearly DOUBLE his % of shots from there last year as opposed to Ryno this year. Point being, AD took double the % of shots from there with a worse % than Ryno this year, yet no one was hating on AD last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    It's called hitting the enter button twice. You must be new to the internet to not know what causes a double post.
    I guess the cause of the double post also typed an extra sentence for you on the 2nd post too huh? Nice try buddy. Lame

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He had 11 shots tonight (not counting his fouled shots which were around the rim). Based off memory he took 3 fade away jumpers. Of which he made one. 1 with AD and talent on the court. 2 when it was him and end of bench guys.

I wouldn't say he was fixated with it at all and only really looked for it when he was surrounded by guys who weren't playing good. It seems to stick out in people's minds when he take that fade away jumper but he actually uses it far less often.

Another interesting note. As much as people hate on him for taking it from 16ft-3pt while here with us he has been far better than even AD this year (which people consider money). By quite a bit actually. This is his first year with us that that % is not good and it just happens to be his injury year. Even still his % this year is better than ADs was last year and AD took nearly DOUBLE his % of shots from there last year as opposed to Ryno this year. Point being, AD took double the % of shots from there with a worse % than Ryno this year, yet no one was hating on AD last year.
    It's not about where he is on the court or how far.out he is. It's the kind of shot he's taken. Falling away.

It's not about where he is on the court or how far.out he is. It's the kind of shot he's taking. Falling away.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    It's not about where he is on the court or how far.out he is. It's the kind of shot he's taken. Falling away.
    It's not about where he is on the court or how far.out he is. It's the kind of shot he's taking. Falling away.
    I guess the cause of the double post also typed an extra sentence for you on the 2nd post too huh? Nice try buddy. Lame
    The edit button can do that.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 04-02-2015 at 03:24 AM.

Banned
    Ryno blew this thing open.

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    ahhh so "double posts" happen after about 5 or 6 posts that were all a few mins apart? gotcha I must be new awe shucks
    For a quality wing who can really defend, me too.

Good luck getting that though.
    @mcnamara247

I'm not hating on this dude let's get this straight. I know what he has done for us in PAST years. I am concerned with his shot selection and percentage THIS year which has been abysmal. You keep talking about overall. I know what he has been capable of, but whether it is injuries or his fiancee or whatever, I think everyone would agree that he has stunk it up for most of this year. He took better shots in the first half of this game And it didn't really matter in the second half. I just hope he continues more like the first moving forward.
    I'm a grinder

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Ryno posts up:

He's either going to shimmy & take the turnaround fadeaway
    OR
    he's going to the amazing spin move w/ the finger roll.

I prefer the latter.

But yeah, I only see him post up like this when he is the focus of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I'm not hating on this dude let's get this straight. I know what he has done for us in PAST years. I am concerned with his shot selection and percentage THIS year which has been abysmal. You keep talking about overall. I know what he has been capable of, but whether it is injuries or his fiancee or whatever, I think everyone would agree that he has stunk it up for most of this year. He took better shots in the first half of this game And it didn't really matter in the second half. I just hope he continues more like the first moving forward.
    I specifically mentioned how he is shooting a better % and HALF the attempts this year than AD did from that same range last year. Where were you last year when AD was taking those shots?

With Ryno we are talking about a guy who takes ~20% of his roughly 13 shots a game from 10ft-3pt. Even if we went and said ALL of his shots were those fade away jumpers that everyone hates (which they aren't) we are STILL only talking about about him taking that shot 1/2 times a game on average.

I just don't understand people heaping on Ryno for that one shot when every player on this team (yes even AD) takes at least 1 non ideal shot a game. It's a bad shot yes, but he's not taking it at nearly any rate I'm concerned with and we could criticize Every. Single. Player. for this exact thing.

Ryno has without a doubt struggled and yet he is still one of our top 5 players THIS year. Much like Tyreke I just don't get people who are against them. Every player makes a couple bad plays but we are much better with either of them than without them.

I specifically mentioned how he is shooting a better % and HALF the attempts this year than AD did from that same range last year. Where were you last year when AD was taking those shots?

With Ryno we are talking about a guy who takes ~20% of his roughly 13 shots a game from 10ft-3pt. Even if we went and said ALL of his shots were those fade away jumpers that everyone hates (which they aren't) we are STILL only talking about about him taking that shot 1/2 times a game on average.

I just don't understand people heaping on Ryno for that one shot when every player on this team (yes even AD) takes at least 1 non ideal shot a game. It's a bad shot yes, but he's not taking it at nearly any rate I'm concerned with and we could criticize Every. Single. Player. for this exact thing.

Ryno has without a doubt struggled and yet he is still one of our top 5 players THIS year. Much like Tyreke I just don't get people who are against them. Every player makes a couple bad plays but we are much better with either of them than without them.
    Lol..that's not saying much....also, I have seen PLENTY of games where Ryno has jacked up that step back fadeaway atleast 3-6 times in a game. Plenty of times.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 04-02-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Anyways what do you all think is the total win mark to make it in the 8 seed?? I am thinking we need 46 to get there.

I am trying to lock down the exact debate here with Ryno. It seems like one side is saying, "He does more good than harm and the Pels have a higher ceiling with him than without."

The other side is saying, "Yeah, but he takes dumb shots." Which, from what I have seen, literally nobody disagrees with.

So, what is the debate? Does anybody think we should just bench him down the stretch? Or is the argument more like, "Ryno should be moved this summer for X type of player."

If so, then who is the realistic player you want in his place? Because that seems to be what this is all boiling down to. Unless people want to argue we are just better off without him right now and nobody in his place. In which case, good luck making that argument.

Lol..that's not saying much....also, I have seen PLENTY of games where Ryno has hacked up that step back fadeaway atleast 3-6 times in a game. Plenty of times.
    We are in the middle of a playoff push in the Western Conference and that's not saying much??? LOL. Ok.

You can believe whatever you want but the actual numbers don't hold this up. Yes, a couple of games he has shot it multiple times but then there were plenty of games he didn't shoot it at all. Dude is shooting 80% of his shots either within 10ft or beyond the 3pt line. He simply isn't taking enough shots to get anywhere in the range people are pretending he is taking those fade away jumpers.

We are in the middle of a playoff push in the Western Conference and that's not saying much??? LOL. Ok.

You can believe whatever you want but the actual numbers don't hold this up. Yes, a couple of games he has shot it multiple times but then there were plenty of games he didn't shoot it at all. Dude is shooting 80% of his shots either within 10ft or beyond the 3pt line. He simply isn't taking enough shots to get anywhere in the range people are pretending he is taking those fade away jumpers.
    Why I will keep saying that 'eye test' is not the problem. Memory and bias are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am trying to lock down the exact debate here with Ryno. It seems like one side is saying, "He does more good than harm and the Pels have a higher ceiling with him than without."

The other side is saying, "Yeah, but he takes dumb shots." Which, from what I have seen, literally nobody disagrees with.

So, what is the debate? Does anybody think we should just bench him down the stretch? Or is the argument more like, "Ryno should be moved this summer for X type of player."

If so, then who is the realistic player you want in his place? Because that seems to be what this is all boiling down to. Unless people want to argue we are just better off without him right now and nobody in his place. In which case, good luck making that argument.
    Not sure what the other guys debate is but mine isn't a debate. Its a generals statement that Id really like to see Ryno nix that step back jumper out of his shot selection cause its a very low % shot. Thats all.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 04-02-2015 at 02:49 PM.

What I mean with that is that you are saying Ryno is 1 of our top 5 players. Outside of Davis we dont have all world players on this team. Not like we are stacked from 1-5. So him being a top 5 player on this team is not saying much. Has nothing to do with what you went on to say in your 2nd paragraph. You must of misinterpreted what i said.

What I mean with that is that you are saying Ryno is 1 of our top 5 players. Outside of Davis we dont have all world players on this team. Not like we are stacked from 1-5. So him being a top 5 player on this team is not saying much. Has nothing to do with what you went on to say in your 2nd paragraph. You must of misinterpreted what i said.
    Here's what boggles my mind. People see our roster and actually think that when healthy that we're a top tier team. News flash, this team is a 7 seed at best when healthy. I see talent on the roster but I do not see champions on this roster or deep playoffs for what its worth
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

People are acting like he was doo-doo. My point was that even this year when he's having a down year he's still a starter level player for us. Another way to phrase it is he could be a starter for the majority of NBA teams even this year.

My 2nd paragraph was directed towards the 2nd part of your comment. That should have been very clear. I quoted the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Here's what boggles my mind. People see our roster and actually think that when healthy that we're a top tier team. News flash, this team is a 7 seed at best when healthy. I see talent on the roster but I do not see champions on this roster or deep playoffs for what its worth
    I think when we are healthy we are as good as Portland and that's with us having Gordon's dead contract. I think pretty much everyone has acknowledged we still need to get from under that and add at least 1 more piece.

Assuming we keep our expected players I would think everyone is fine with our bench.

I don't see how when fully healthy

Asik/Ajinca
    AD/Ryno
    Big Money SF (Batum?)/Cunningham or Babbitt
    Tyreke/QPon
    Jrue/Cole

wouldn't be viewed as a top 4 Western Team. I think people's biggest issue is they can't see what this team is actually capable of because the injuries make it hard to see. AD by himself will make this a top playoff team in another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I think Anthony Davis alone will make this team a 6-8 seed in a year or two.

Now I dont think any of the proposed second fiddle players to davis are anything but a third or fourth option on pretty much every other western conference playoff team, with that said though when you look at a team like Houston that really only has two guys at a high level(one who was often injured) and they are able to get a top seed, I think this team can have a top 5 seed if relatively healthy all year.

Ideally though I would be open to moving evans and ryno for some guys that are a better long term fit. I would also throw in Gordon if there is the right offer and/or it looks like he is going to command too much after this contract when he is right now a middle of the road defender with some upside there and a 3rd or 4th offensive option. Basically a great 3 and middle of the road D guy.

Thread Information