Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jrue return!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Monty makes it sound like he COULD play, but they don't know how effective he'll be after missing so much time. The fact that there's only 6 games left is a factor as well.
    It sounds like Monty is hoping for a miracle to me. Not good when the head coach is left wandering.

Let's stop speculating based on one quote and talk about this, I don't know, random date.

Let's say Friday will be an interesting day to discuss it
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Good lord this has to be the best Avi ever. Who is that? Any idea?
    Yes who is this?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Let's stop speculating based on one quote and talk about this, I don't know, random date.

Let's say Friday will be an interesting day to discuss it
    We have been guessing for weeks now. If he is not coming back now he probably won't be coming back this season. As someone else pointed out it may do more harm than good if he is not 100%.
    Last edited by 4Real; 04-07-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Apparently he practiced but will not play because he "feels something still.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Apparently he practiced but will not play because he "feels something still.
    This is beginning to sound like the Kevin Durant situation and we know how that ended up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We need him. If he had been healthy I believe we'd be in the playoffs for sure.

Guys we had a very good year and I expect 48-54 wins next year. We have to trade Gordon and I think if we package him with another attractive piece we can get something good in return. Maybe a low first round 2015 draft pick plus another player? I see a complex trade involving gordon coming this offseason.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    .....WOW

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post

Better to wait till November

I feel like this will end in surgery.

Girl in colorful socks is Kari sweets
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    Lead off with that next time so I can save some time by not reading the entire post. You dont like that he plays elite defense? And hustles on every play? You dont like that he is the best all around guard on our team, that can mesh with any line-up? It's just astonishing how "what have you done for me lately" this forum is. Yes, the guy is injured and has been for longer than he has ever been. Yes, mostly everyone on this forum is worried about his injury being a future problem. But to say things like "we wouldnt even be sniffing the playoffs with jrue not getting injured" and then saying "he is probably our second best player" is just plan ignorant, honestly. And also to say "we have a losing record with him playing" is also a weak arument knowing how few of games our starting 5 have played
    Hey guy,

You have been drinking too much Kool-aid.

Honest question, What has Jrue done since he has been here? Name it? NO SUCCESS AT ALL.

The definition of ignorant is a lack of knowledge... try to keep up.

First of all, he is a highly over-rated defender on this board. He is a GOOD DEFENDER - but far from elite. How many defensive accolades has he received? Has he received a SINGLE VOTE in any defensive player of the year awards? People from every fan base will tell you that Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverly are ELITE on ball defenders, but no one outside of this forum would put him in that company. How many 1st team all defense? What about 2nd?? What about 3rd?? GET MY POINT - NOT ELITE. Fact. Unless you somehow believe that being the (at best) 4th+ best defender out of 30 is elite. If so,,,, please raise your standards, it will serve you well in life. A maximum of 86% is a B in any and every grading scale I have ever seen. A "B" is obviously not elite on any planet.

Hustles on every play? Here is some more help for you, don't call someone's statements ignorant, and then put forth your OPINIONS as fact. One of the things I dislike most about Jrue's game is the slow, monotonous pace he plays at. Slow pace != hustle, IMO. Additionally, I EXPECT AND DEMAND all players to hustle on every play. You don't get kudos for doing what you are paid to do. Has anyone ever heard Jrue described as a high energy, hustler? Me either.

To say things like we wouldn't sniff the playoffs, is once again far from ignorant, but actually projected off of facts. FACT - we have a better record without Jrue than with him. I will concede that I should have put IMO before that sentence.

Lastly, you lack the ability to comprehend how someone can be the 2nd most talented player on the team, yet still not be a good fit? People in this position should not call others ignorant. You claim that he can mesh with any line-up, BUT FACTS DISAGREE WITH YOU.

When Jrue Holiday touches the court, we lose more games than when he is hurt. This is not my opinion. This is an indisputable fact. If we want to "IMAGINE" what may happen, well please do.

In closing, anytime I see someone WASTE their time, to reply on a forum that you did not want to read their posts. It reeks of desperation. Think about it. You are actually admitting that you did not want to read my post, but sadly, have nothing better to do than to comment on it.

YIKES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Hey guy,

Honest question, What has Jrue done since he has been here? Name it? NO SUCCESS AT ALL.

First of all, he is a highly over-rated defender on this board. He is a GOOD DEFENDER - but far from elite. How many defensive accolades has he received? Has he received a SINGLE VOTE in any defensive player of the year awards? People from every fan base will tell you that Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverly are ELITE on ball defenders, but no one outside of this forum would put him in that company. How many 1st team all defense? What about 2nd?? What about 3rd?? GET MY POINT - NOT ELITE. Fact. Unless you somehow believe that being the (at best) 4th+ best defender out of 30 is elite. If so,,,, please raise your standards, it will serve you well in life. A maximum of 86% is a B in any and every grading scale I have ever seen. A "B" is obviously not elite on any planet.

Hustles on every play? Here is some more help for you, don't call someone's statements ignorant, and then put forth your OPINIONS as fact. One of the things I dislike most about Jrue's game is the slow, monotonous pace he plays at. Slow pace != hustle, IMO. Additionally, I EXPECT AND DEMAND all players to hustle on every play. You don't get kudos for doing what you are paid to do. Has anyone ever heard Jrue described as a high energy, hustler? Me either.

To say things like we wouldn't sniff the playoffs, is once again far from ignorant, but actually projected off of facts. FACT - we have a better record without Jrue than with him. I will concede that I should have put IMO before that sentence.

Lastly, you lack the ability to comprehend how someone can be the 2nd most talented player on the team, yet still not be a good fit? People in this position should not call others ignorant. You claim that he can mesh with any line-up, BUT FACTS DISAGREE WITH YOU.

When Jrue Holiday touches the court, we lose more games than when he is hurt. This is not my opinion. This is an indisputable fact. If we want to "IMAGINE" what may happen, well please do.

In closing, anytime I see someone WASTE their time, to reply on a forum that you did not want to read their posts. It reeks of desperation. Think about it. You are actually admitting that you did not want to read my post, but sadly, have nothing better to do than to comment on it.

YIKES!!
    What is our record with Jrue and with out him ? Winning %,?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulling the plug being discussed

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s..._still_ex.html

On Monday, Pelicans coach Monty Williams said if the Pelicans do decide to pull the plug on Holiday's return, it will be made in collaboration from Mickey Loomis, the Pelicans executive vice president and General Manager Dell Demps.

''I still feel something there (soreness in lower right leg),'' Holiday said after Tuesday's shootaround. ''Depending on how I move or do whatever, the pain can increase.It has been a little sore, but we'll see how it goes.''

Holiday acknowledged that it may be wise for him to put off return until next season, but he has not ruled out returning yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Hey guy,

YIKES!!
    LOL what have any of the players done since they have been here? Gordon? Tyreke? Asik? Name it? NO SUCCESS AT ALL.

But the one thing that those players have had (other than Gordon, except this year) is more time to play with eachother. You cant just say we have a losing record with him, with out considering who else was out while he was playing. How many times was AD, Gordon, or Anderson out when he was playing? But I guess that doesnt matter because its all on Jrue right? Its not a team game..... And we are basically .500 when Jrue is in the lineup

And so it is a "fact" that he is not elite because he hasnt won or been voted as a Def player of the year? The last guard to win a DPY award was 19 years ago LOL. Frontcourt players are almost a lock every year to be the DPY. You accuse my statements as opinion, but then your entire post is basically your opinion hahaha.

Also, I would like to see the stats of Jrue's "slow pace". Not team stats, Jrue. Everyone should want players to hustle on every play. I am assuming that you would be okay with Tyreke running the point if Jrue wasnt here. Lotta hustle/high energy out of him.....

Finally, go ahead and read the first sentence from my last post again..... ill wait.... I said to post it first so i can just by-pass your post because it is an obvious troll and extremely biased. You clearly dont like Jrue, i get it. But the only "fact" that you present when you judge him is our W-L. Which I have pointed out has many flaws because you are not taking into account many variables.

There are a lot of people on this board that overrate Jrue and quite a lot that are undervaluing him.

His defense is not as good as people are remembering. He is very streaky defensively and that isn't a good quality in a defender. When he is on though it can be very impressive.

However he has been our best facilitator and was on the path of being a more efficient guard this season - something that has plagued his career - with one of his better assist to turnover ratios.

Offensively he was very feast or famine. He could put us over the top one night and shoot us out of a game the next.

He has been, if nothing else, a work in progress. An above average guard with a high ceiling. One that I could see emerging as a truly elite player or one that always just stays out of reach of the class of the elite, consistent PG's in this league.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-07-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Pulling the plug being discussed

When asked if a decision like that were to be made Monty basically said it's not his call and the decision ultimately rests with Loomis. Not the same thing as the FO discussing pulling the plug. I've seen some speculation that what they're really waiting for is to see if they make the playoffs. I think that's stupid, he's either good to go or not, but if we do get Golden State in round 1, Holiday could be useful, even in a minutes limited bench role.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    According to Monty Williams it seems doubtful Jrue returns in the next 6 games.

This is becoming a Gordon situation.

Well like I have been saying, it would be nice to have him back, but I doubted it would happen. Had almost the exact injury when I played tennis in college 20 years ago. Lost my entire sophomore year to the injury required almost 4 months of rest and I was only 20 years old. Have never had a problem with it again though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post

Ouch!!!

Thread Information