Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ryno!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Ryno back, Ryno back, got all the fake fans hating that Ryno back. (My meek mill voice)
    Who is Meek Mill? Thats a country singer right???
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Im Predicting OG Ryno to go for 24 points to night. Who Dat!

April Fool's, right????

Geez. Not even a 9pm start but a 9:30 one tonight. The Lakers should want to get in and out early.

Curious - why doesn't Dante Cunningham get some of the hate Willie Green or even Stiemsma got? Not all, but some.

People couldn't stand how much Monty played those guys, but I don't hear anything about Cunningham and he is getting 26 minutes since arriving. You think he plays 20 for any other playoff team?

Guy started off hot (52%), but his shooting has declined every month, down to 40.8% last month. Offensive rating of 87, defensive rating of 106 last month. Rebounding has been average at best. Yeah he hustles, but again the production is meh.

I am not trying to start a bash Cunningham thread, I am just always curious why some guys escape criticism and others get nothing but criticism when both groups play poorly. Personally, I though Willie Green gave us as much if not more than DC has been giving us lately and Green got torn apart by fans.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Curious - why doesn't Dante Cunningham get some of the hate Willie Green or even Stiemsma got? Not all, but some.

People couldn't stand how much Monty played those guys, but I don't hear anything about Cunningham and he is getting 26 minutes since arriving. You think he plays 20 for any other playoff team?

Guy started off hot (52%), but his shooting has declined every month, down to 40.8% last month. Offensive rating of 87, defensive rating of 106 last month. Rebounding has been average at best. Yeah he hustles, but again the production is meh.

I am not trying to start a bash Cunningham thread, I am just always curious why some guys escape criticism and others get nothing but criticism when both groups play poorly. Personally, I though Willie Green gave us as much if not more than DC has been giving us lately and Green got torn apart by fans.
    I see what your doing here MM. I see it buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    The closer to a full roster we are, the happier I am. We need his scoring ability.
    Especially during those long scoring droughts when starters resting
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Yeah, he didn't disguise it very well, did he?

if we lose this game, im blaming everything on ryno

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    if we lose this game, im blaming everything on ryno
    And it will be well deserved
    I'm a grinder

Interviewing Malik Newman now. Says not influenced by new MS coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I see what your doing here MM. I see it buddy.
    Any chance I can get an answer?

I seriously want to know.

Anderson has been worthless the past 2 seasons. Would love to see him with a chance to redeem himself down the stretch. Fingers crossed that Dallas knocks off the Thunder tonight - game is down to the wire in OKC.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Worthless.

Is there no grey on message boards? Is it not allowed? Does a player either have to be the GOAT or worthless?

What has happened to this board of late?

Worthless.

Is there no grey on message boards? Is it not allowed? Does a player either have to be the GOAT or worthless?

What has happened to this board of late?
    You're the one starting the hate Cunningham thread. And don't pretend you're innocent with that "I just want to know" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by observerII View Post
    You're the one starting the hate Cunningham thread. And don't pretend you're innocent with that "I just want to know" stuff.
    Actually, I asked Ryan the same question on the pod last night for the same reason. I do want to know. I don't have "agendas" on here.

And I have yet to hear an explanation. I don't hate him, not by a long shot. I appreciate the fact that we got him and we wouldn't be here without him. But he has regressed every month, but his minutes have not and I haven't heard a peep. That is not the norm on here.

because he isn't John Salmons (though his numbers are getting close).....

The complaints on this thread are already dated.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Dante Cunningham is a more useful Lance Thomas. Maybe a mix of Lance Thomas' lunch pail (pale?) tenacious hustle and Jason Smith's 20 foot jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Dante Cunningham is a more useful Lance Thomas. Maybe a mix of Lance Thomas' lunch pail (pale?) tenacious hustle and Jason Smith's 20 foot jumper.
    I agree with that 100%

I agree with that 100%
    He's also good for at least one hustle play a game. Hard to hate on a guy when we had no one before him and while his numbers have dropped you don't see him just make horrible boneheaded plays like Steamer and Salmons.

Actually, I asked Ryan the same question on the pod last night for the same reason. I do want to know. I don't have "agendas" on here.

And I have yet to hear an explanation. I don't hate him, not by a long shot. I appreciate the fact that we got him and we wouldn't be here without him. But he has regressed every month, but his minutes have not and I haven't heard a peep. That is not the norm on here.
    It's admirable that you actually try to reason with people and help them learn. I'm a poker player so I don't try to teach people when they make mistakes or tell them how bad they play at the table. I don't want them to get better because I make money off them, and I take the same approach to the forum out of habit. In fact I would probably go the other way and tell them they made a good laydown when I bluff them or tell them they played great when they limp call a preflop raise with 74 suited. The world needs people to make mistakes and be wrong so others can take advantage of it. If everyone was competent at everything there wouldn't be as many opportunities as there are to be very successful.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 04-01-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    It's admirable that you actually try to reason with people. I'm a poker player so I don't try to correct people's mistakes or tell them how bad they play at the table. I don't want them to get better because I make money off them, and I take the same approach to the forum out of habit. In fact I would probably go the other way and tell them they made a great laydowb or great overbet. The world needs people to make mistakes and be wrong so others can take advantage of it. If everyone was competent at everything there wouldn't be as many opportunities as there are to be very successful.
    I do it because I know there are lurkers who read this board and I don't want them getting misinformation. Because then they pass it on, and the people they pass it on to pass it on. It's like a virus. I try to stop it at its core just so I don't have to try to stop a larger infection down the road.

I don't mind opinions if people state that they are opinions. But when people try to claim opinions are facts, and their opinions have no statistical backing, I try to put a stop to that for the reason I listed above.

MM i think there are a few reasons people dont complain about DC.

1) he plays hard.. its hard to dislike a guy who works his tail off and wins you 50/50 balls time after time.
    2) he plays within himself, he rarely takes bad shots and when he does its usually late shot clock.
    3) defensive effort, when you have a team where more or less everyone is inept on D or doesnt seem to give the necessary effort, it stands out when someone does.
    4) theres not really anyone banging on the door for his minutes, babbit just cant defend either the 3 or 4 role effectively.
    5) he is probably a small ball 4 who can guard 3s in a pinch, people here understand that he is playing alot of 3 by necessity.
    6) he isnt ryan anderson.... ie he doesnt stop the ball, jack up bad shots or play matador D.

At least thats my take

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    MM i think there are a few reasons people dont complain about DC.

1) he plays hard.. its hard to dislike a guy who works his tail off and wins you 50/50 balls time after time.
    2) he plays within himself, he rarely takes bad shots and when he does its usually late shot clock.
    3) defensive effort, when you have a team where more or less everyone is inept on D or doesnt seem to give the necessary effort, it stands out when someone does.
    4) theres not really anyone banging on the door for his minutes, babbit just cant defend either the 3 or 4 role effectively.
    5) he is probably a small ball 4 who can guard 3s in a pinch, people here understand that he is playing alot of 3 by necessity.
    6) he isnt ryan anderson.... ie he doesnt stop the ball, jack up bad shots or play matador D.

At least thats my take
    I would agree with #1. Don't agree with two. #3 is kind of the same as #1.

#4 is probably the biggest reason IMO. If Babbitt played better, there would be complaints but he had huge faults too

Thread Information