Pelicans Report

Thread: Lets talk draft prospects

Draft Lets talk draft prospects

As the tourney ends for some teams, kids are declaring their intent to leave. While I know that we might not have a 1st rounder this year, I still like to get peoples take on draft prospects.

Myles Turner, Montrezl Harrell(Jr) - Louisville, R.J. Hunter(Jr) - Georgia State, Jarell Martin(So) - LSU, Terry Rozier(So) - Louisville, Rashad Vaughn(Fr) - UNLV, Michael Frazier(Jr) - Florida.

I don't follow college basketball (other than Michigan, and BYU) to give a qualified opinion on any of these guys. Any Wes Matthews, Paul Millsaps, or Michael Redds in the bunch?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I'm not that impressed with any of the young college kids this year except Okafor at Duke. M Turner at UT is talented but raw. The big kids at UK are tall but I don't think they have star power.

I would take the big PG from Dallas Munday who is in china. really good player and great size at the point. OR Frank the tank b/c he could be a stretch 4 and is a poor mans Dirk.

Im a homer, but if I had time to wait and develop, J Martin would be my pick b/w 15-25.

I like both the LSU forwards. LSU hasn't seen that sort of front court play since Swift and Jabari.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    I'm not that impressed with any of the young college kids this year except Okafor at Duke. M Turner at UT is talented but raw. The big kids at UK are tall but I don't think they have star power.

I would take the big PG from Dallas Munday who is in china. really good player and great size at the point. OR Frank the tank b/c he could be a stretch 4 and is a poor mans Dirk.

Im a homer, but if I had time to wait and develop, J Martin would be my pick b/w 15-25.
    Say what? Karl Anthony Towns is a beast and will be a sure fire top 3-5 pick. Kid is very good and already has a dominant back to the basket game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We don't need star power. We need physical power, agility, length, and some measure of skill.

Yeah, I'm not looking for "star power" as much as I am looking for something more than what we have gotten out of the last two drafts. Gobert, Asik, Peckavik, etc. Didn't bring star power to their teams (upon being drafted), but to a man, they were buoys for their teams, more than they were dead weight on the roster. I don't need Andrew Bogut, just give me Brandon Bass. Don't give me OJ Mayo, give me Jimmy Butler. Don't give me James Harden, give me Wes Matthews.

Not buying neither Okafor (Emeka or Jahlil)

when do we have a pick, like #100 ?
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

#58 memphis pick - draftexpress gives us Michael Frazier

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Whoever that 2nd rounder is, odds are he'd traded before Christmas.

Micheal Frazier is Diet Bradley Beal or maybe Bradley Beal Zero.

The Franchise
    I'd love to get Dekker from Wisconsin late in the first if we have or trade for one. The 58th pick I'd like the kid I think Shawn Long from the Cajuns. I think he'd be an Awesome backup PF especially if we lose Cunningham or Ryno.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Give me a Euro-stash.

I want the next Mirotic on this team.

Usually high quality Euro stashes are long gone by 35 or so. You aren't getting one at 58
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Usually high quality Euro stashes are long gone by 35 or so. You aren't getting one at 58
    Then I guess I'm relegated to saying pick up a U.S. prospect that still needs to develop.
    Dell will find our next Euro (Ajinca, Babbitt) elsewhere, assuming he's still here.
    They just won't be as good as a Mirotic-type player.

I guess by now you can tell, I'm a fan of Mirotic.

Alright.

Here are my top draft prospects:

I think the best of the big men in this years draft will only turn out to be as good as Andre Drummond. No more, no less.

I don't think that this is a strong draft, and as such, some mediocre talent will be taken higher than it should. That said, even out of a bad harvest 2000 was able to net the NBA Mike Miller and Michael Redd, and 2011 (after everyone thought it would only be Irving who had staying power) gave us Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler.

I am no talent evaluator, but this draft doesn't get me excited.

Thread Information